• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

vincetearsquadxejb6.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So if it said Emma Stone for La La Land, they must have given him the backup for best female performance and not the one for best picture. Whoever gives out the envelopes royally fucked up.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Well I guess they don't tell the Twitter guys before the awards are handed out, they take it very seriously so they just have all options ready to tweet.

Shook though, gonna be a historical TV moment. Too many people gleeful here though, that must've been horrible for all involved in La La Land whether or not you want to be pretentious about that movie.

Happy Moonlight won, was the last film I saw before the Oscars and absolutely loved it.

I really do feel for the team behind La La Land.
What's terrible is how long it took for them to figure out they fucked up.

Kinda a bit of behind the scenes revealed this awards show.

jeffram

"The results are kept secret until the envelopes are opened on air".

Don't the band start playing the associated movie music from the winner immediately?

traveler

Not Wario
Warren's story makes sense. There's no way you misread Moonlight as La La Land and he did look pretty confused beforehand. He had to be given the wrong card.

Fuchsdh

That was honestly an amazing ending. In a way, both films deserved to be on that stage anyway.

Everyone in that room is getting wasted at the after party, so there's no need to be upset.

I mean, that sucks for the La La Land crew, but they still made out like bandits so they'll just be able to cry at home with the other Oscars they were double-fisting on their way tot the podium. :p

GunBR

Now the channel that was showing the Oscars here in Brazil is showing Gaf favorite movie, Thor 2

This night keeps getting better and better

The Lamp

NO THIS IS WRONG

LA LA LAND DESERVED IT, IT WAS AN INSPIRING TALE OF FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS

WHAT THE HELL IS MOONLIGHT

NOOOOOOO

The last thing people and the film industry need is another generic-ass musical with people who can't even sing reinforcing white privilege.

bye LLL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom