• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theecliff

Banned
images.jpg

That last plot twist was amazing. Has to be intentional.
Very nice spread of awards imo. If only for the fact that I would be rooting for movies that weren't even nominated for anything. Sing Street and Silence mainly.

Honestly I think Moonlight is a pretty boring movie with an interesting story. Not much more.
Probably the worst of the bunch (and Hacksaw Ridge).

If you read Emma Stone La La Land when presenting Best Picture wouldn't you know something is wrong?

The Academy should really stop bringing these senile old fucks on stage.

Wait a minute... How the fuck did this happen? They took so long to announce the winners too! Did Moonlight seriously win? WOW. I shut it up once La La Land won but damn this is insane. Did they correct it live on TV?

Not

Banned
The look on those guys' faces... oh man. I'm not touching La La Land again with a ten-foot pole.

La La Land one of the best movies of all time and shit.

Jesus!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This was CERN's fault again! We just witnessed it live!

I'm so choked that Emma Stone won Best Actress now, because if literally any other actress won tonight, Warren Beatty would've announced the Academy Award for Best Picture to a movie that wasn't even nominated.

This is the first time I watched the Oscars all the way through because my girlfriend, and I was not disappointed. I also said Moonlight would win while my gf said La La Land, so it was quite an interesting way to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom