• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
That was pretty fun, though execution could've been better.

I can appreciate the meet-and-greet right at the front row lol

Brakke

Banned
Speaking of animation, that bird one winning the short category was lame af. Technical achievement with all the sand and sea foam, but an utter confection.

Were getting mean tweets too, couldn't they record and put that on youtube in a special Oscar version? it would get the views why do it during the show?

Gotta take the first offramp you see. No way that bit ends any better than Denzel grumpily marrying two tourists.

Take the exit and go to commercial.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
All those people were taken out back and put down like dogs for daring to touch the celebrities.

Moana should have won, but I guess they were more comfortable giving it to a movie about talking animals dealing with racism than a movie with actual people of color.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Isn't is probable that at least one of them was streaming the show live on their phone between taking photos on the bus and figured out what was up before it happened?

Qwyjibo

Good luck to anyone other than Denzel Washington/Casey Affleck and Emma Stone getting ANY time for their speeches now. Hell, they might even cut Casey short if he wins it given the negative press around him.

GFoBURx.jpg

quality comedy

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You know all those regular people were then led to the meat freezer and killed for the after party buffet.

No way this was 100% non scripted. I mean what if one of them turned out to be a complete crazy person ? Not talking about my dude gary.

And some folks did not seem surprised at all.

I came to GAF just for this part, so I could read people complain about that bit. I knew there'd be tons of people mad about the cell phones. Fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom