• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickroach

Isn't is probable that at least one of them was streaming the show live on their phone between taking photos on the bus and figured out what was up before it happened?
they drove up to a building that had giant ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY signs on it... and probably had to sign paperwork to be on tv.
yes, they knew

Nielm

l_211.jpg

Moana should have won, but I guess they were more comfortable giving it to a movie about talking animals dealing with racism than a movie with actual people of color.

Moana deserves to win more because it features [CG] people of color even if the story and execution was weaker? Nah.

I normally hate that Pixar or Disney sweeps it every year, but Zootopia thoroughly deserved it. And even if that hadn't come out this year, Kubo was still a better film than Moana IMO. Thought Moana was fine, but unremarkable.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I kind of wish one of the people in the group was a rapid Trump supporter who would have been hollering about the liberal elite and how they lost and to get over it and so on and so forth.

shanafan

I think it's funny when people who speak clear English still need subtitles. Isn't that a skit or a scene from Austin Powers about this?

Yes, I am pretty sure he said Young Frankenstein.

Not

Banned
Moana is a mediocre movie that failed to live up to how awesome it could have been.

Deal with it.

Why do you keep trying to convince me Moana is the best Disney movie of all time? Give it up man.

We get it, we get it, you love Moana. Shut up for a second, jeeeez

Zasa

No way this was 100% non scripted. I mean what if one of them turned out to be a complete crazy person ? Not talking about my dude gary.

And some folks did not seem surprised at all.
Don't think any of those late night skits are ever legit tbh, great at acting like it isn't scripted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom