• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Make it a Turbo AWD and I'd look at it, that car has a great profile. Would make a great everyday commuter/beater like the BRZ/Abarth/etc. Front needs work, but still looks good.

That'll probably compete with the Abarth and Focus ST more so though than a 86.

So you want a WRX?

J-Rzez

So you want a WRX?

Yes, I was hoping the next WRX to be a smallish 2-dr hatch actually. But Suby is taking their sweet ass time showing it off. And after the most recent article where it may end up a larger GT-wagon, I'd be closing up the check book to Subaru if the case.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
kia-quoris-opt.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/18/kia-names-new-rwd-flagship-sedan-quoris/

BMW 6-series much, Kia?

robox

if that nissan was touted as the new versa, it might actually be interesting. but to target fr-s/brz, what the fuck they thinking?? as bad as a few years ago when they tried to market the maxima as a 4 door z

Haha I saw these being advertised in Seoul's international airport a week ago, they had the car on display and it looked amazing. I swear to God this isn't a Kia, it looked so German they might actually be able to steal some thunder from them. And if they drop a 6 speed stick for the US version, I'll definitely pick this one up over a 6-series. It looks really good.

Haha I saw these being advertised in Seoul's international airport a week ago, they had the car on display and it looked amazing. I swear to God this isn't a Kia, it looked so German they might actually be able to steal some thunder from them. And if they drop a 6 speed stick for the US version, I'll definitely pick this one up over a 6-series. It looks really good.

I am sorry but no.

Everything about this car screams Asian. It is yet to be released and it looks far less classy then the 6 series grand coupé, which is already fairly dated looking in my opinion. The only thing this thing has going for it is the RWD (and most likely the price)

And picking this up over a 6 series? Come on now. You and mostly anyone would give their left nut to be able to afford a 6 series, especially after you have sat in one.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
It will have a fucked up transmission and the ride will be equivalent to a tank on a Florida road.

I am sorry but no.

Everything about this car screams Asian. It is yet to be released and it looks far less classy then the 6 series grand coupé, which is already fairly dated looking in my opinion. The only thing this thing has going for it is the RWD (and most likely the price)

And picking this up over a 6 series? Come on now. You and mostly anyone would give their left nut to be able to afford a 6 series, especially after you have sat in one.

True, upon closer inspection it looks Asian. But if you haven't seen these before, I bet you a hundred bucks you'd mistake it for a German car. That's exactly what I did, and that's the thunder I'm speaking about, I'm sure that's what Kia is after.

You're right, I'd probably have to give up my left nut for a 6 series or this, but I honestly wouldn't buy one and I've driven a couple of 6 series even an M6 thanks to my line of work. But the newer models really never interested me, and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't have that kind of cash to throw around, but even if I did I'd rather spend the $50k to fully restore an RX-7/Supra/AE86/E36 M3/NA or NB Miata then drop a Chevy LS. That's not to say nothing interests me within BMW though... 3-series with a diesel here in the USA, that I'd buy in a heartbeat(if I had money lol).

I'm kinda surprised at the hate this is receiving though. Somebody enlighten me as to why I should hate this car if they don't mind. Me personally, I see this as a good thing. Why? More competition, meaning more innovation, and thus better cars for us enthusiasts. What's to hate about that?

ascii42

True, upon closer inspection it looks Asian. But if you haven't seen these before, I bet you a hundred bucks you'd mistake it for a German car. That's exactly what I did, and that's the thunder I'm speaking about, I'm sure that's what Kia is after.

You're right, I'd probably have to give up my left nut for a 6 series or this, but I honestly wouldn't buy one and I've driven a couple of 6 series even an M6 thanks to my line of work. But the newer models really never interested me, and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't have that kind of cash to throw around, but even if I did I'd rather spend the $50k to fully restore an RX-7/Supra/AE86/E36 M3/NA or NB Miata then drop a Chevy LS. That's not to say nothing interests me within BMW though... 3-series with a diesel here in the USA, that I'd buy in a heartbeat(if I had money lol).

I'm kinda surprised at the hate this is receiving though. Somebody enlighten me as to why I should hate this car if they don't mind. Me personally, I see this as a good thing. Why? More competition, meaning more innovation, and thus better cars for us enthusiasts. What's to hate about that?

Because it's Kia. And people like to throw a fuss whenever Kia or Hyundai rip off other vehicles. But when when Ford rips off Aston Martin to design the new Fusion, that's perfectly cool.

reilo

It's a complete rip, obviously, but it's still a great looking car. However, the only reason to buy one is if you can't afford a bmw. And lots of people can't, so I don't really see the problem here.

It's the good old "it looks like a BMW 6-series until a real BMW 6-series rolls up next to it" effect.

N-Bomb

Because it's Kia. And people like to throw a fuss whenever Kia or Hyundai rip off other vehicles. But when when Ford rips off Aston Martin to design the new Fusion, that's perfectly cool.

I'm not trying to bring that discussion back, I think calling the new Fusion a rip of Astons is highly... weird.

Aston DBS
Aston_MartinDBS_Infa_Red.jpg

2013 Fusion
2013-ford-fusion-lead-opt.jpg

2013 Taurus
03-2013-ford-taurus630opt.jpg

This is a family styling thing they've had going for a couple years now. Old Fusion was still using their old design language. Wrong to call it a rip. Yes there are similarities, but not to the extent that Hyundai/Kia go to. Definitely not.

Side: I should add that I really don't think the Zuke will do anything for enthusiast market except waste Nissan's money.

ascii42

The grille is almost the exact same, and the rest of the fascia is somewhat similar. Other than that, there's no real relation, you're right. Hyundai and Kia have done their fair share of ripping off individual elements as well. But yeah, they've definitely got a history.

paskowitz

I'm not trying to bring that discussion back, I think calling the new Fusion a rip of Astons is highly... weird.

Side: I should add that I really don't think the Zuke will do anything for enthusiast market except waste Nissan's money.

Yeah, but ripping off Aston Martin is like saying "she is ripping off a Penelope Cruz look".

That being said, I agree with Henrik Fisker said at a TEDx event. There is a serious lack of originality in car design.

Yeah, but ripping off Aston Martin is like saying "she is ripping off a Penelope Cruz look".

That being said, I agree with Henrik Fisker said at a TEDx event. There is a serious lack of originality in car design.
Fisker should spend less time on design and more on engineering. The Karma is a mess.

aznpxdd

Since you guys are discussing the F30. Know that the currently most modded F30 in USA (I think still) is owned by a Gaffer. (not me)

7225861438_22cd0f48cf_b.jpg

7230613874_6d7568b50c_b.jpg

And to the guy hating on HRE. All I can say is LOL.

Looking at an E90 325i M-Sport trim (UK spec) for my next car. A diesel is very tempting with the miles I do, and the surge from the torque is great, but I just LOVE BMW's 6 cylinder petrol engines. Still, 39mpg on the motorway isn't too bad for a big engine petrol engine.

Whether a diesel really is worth the additional cost in servicing, upfront cost and higher fuel price over nearly 50% better fuel economy per tank and less road tax is an interesting one. It might take a few years to claw that money back, and by that point you probably won't give a shit anyway.

Thoughts?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So you want a WRX?

Nope he wants a GTi-R
1AgTD.jpg

Nissan brings this beast back and ill be shitty myself saving for it.
One of my friends had a mildly modified GTi-R and it spanked pretty much everything on the street, it was one of the most fun cars ive ever driven.

I pray this Compact Coupe Concept ends up with a GTi-R edition.

Not only do i want a GTi-R, i also want a resurrection of the damn Silvia, ida thunk with the success of the BRZ/86 Nissan would be jumping on a Smaller RWD car.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
You are the one who should obviously stop talking when having to resort to directed ad-hominems in this discussion. Please, tell me the benefits of these rims except for looking really tacky.

First of all, HREs aren't chrome - they're brushed or polished. Enormous difference. Chrome is an applicant that adds weight to a wheel - the other two are simply a machined effect, there is no reflection, unlike chrome. Second of all, HREs are forged wheels, which are much, much stronger than regular cast wheels, so they are far less likely to bend or crack - which is a huge plus when you're running low profile tires and live with fairly crappy roads. Third of all, forged means they're lightweight wheels, usually considerably lighter than OEM cast wheels, which adds the inherent advantage in acceleration and braking performance for your car.

If you didn't know that much about what makes an HRE wheel a spectacular wheel, you don't really need to be in this thread trolling with your bullshit.

reilo

When's the new 335i Coupe supposed to arrive? Or is it coming as a 435i?

kharma45

Looking at an E90 325i M-Sport trim (UK spec) for my next car. A diesel is very tempting with the miles I do, and the surge from the torque is great, but I just LOVE BMW's 6 cylinder petrol engines. Still, 39mpg on the motorway isn't too bad for a big engine petrol engine.

Whether a diesel really is worth the additional cost in servicing, upfront cost and higher fuel price over nearly 50% better fuel economy per tank and less road tax is an interesting one. It might take a few years to claw that money back, and by that point you probably won't give a shit anyway.

Thoughts?

Just to throw it out too a diesel 3-Series will hold it's value better than a petrol equivalent, especially a 6-cyclinder one.

A 320d is hard to beat as a package, lots of torque, 0-62 in 7.5 seconds and a claimed average fuel consumption of 60mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom