• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascii42

Was it this or the ATS where test drivers actually preferred the automatic? I think it was the ATS, but I'm pretty sure I've also heard very good things about the automatic in the FR-S.

Probably the ATS.

The ATS's automatic is quite smooth. Reviews indicated that it was good at choosing the right gear as well. I've watched some ATS vs 328i comparison videos. Both Motortrend and Car and Driver complained about "notchiness" with the manual ATS's shifter.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
The AT was good, but I got the feeling that this car feels even more fun with a MT.
Also, Top speed with the AT is somehow limited to 210km/h, MTis supposed to go up to around 230 km/h, due to a different gearing. Will try that out soon and post my impressions as well.

N-Bomb

I agree but at the same time I think it's more about public safety. Just imagine your rich but average Joe driving his Tesla Model S smoking a BMW M5 and suddenly lose control because he doesn't know what he's doing. He'd probably kill himself, the M5 driver and other people on the road for going that fast.

Simply put, most people aren't trained to drive fast unlike most of us in this thread. I certainly have no qualms driving my Miata on the road at 100mph since I know I can handle it thanks to my experience driving at that speed on a track. But that doesn't mean I'll actually do it on the road since there's tons of variables out there that could change everything. Just take a look at the Autobahn, no one on it actually drives their cars to the absolute limit unless their stupid enough to do it or they know they can handle it.

It's not really about limits. You can't really legislate skill - lower speeds on highways just reduce efficiency. Let's face it, most people are able to drive at high speed in a straight line just fine.

But with regards to road conditions, that's generally (ostensibly) how speed limits are designated for certain stretches. But the point is that speeding isn't really punished so much as a pay-per-use service, really. If you wanted to prevent someone from speeding, you'd make it a very harsh punishment.

On the other hand, one could say that with cars being sold with ever-increasing power numbers, that we're almost being encouraged to pay these speeding fines. Why not put speed limiters on cars to limit them to say, 75mph? Is there a reason for a car in modern society (on public roads) to even go to 135, 155, etc?

Personally I'd like to see a system where there is an absolute maximum limit on highways that is set at the 80th percentile for speeds driven (where 80% of people naturally drive under that limit, it's considered the safest limit, I believe, but most places have it at the 40th-50th percentile). Anyone caught going over that limit would be hammered by fines; just absolutely fucking wrecked. That would allow for a distribution of speeds driven, which is safe and efficient, but eliminate people going dangerously fast.

Back when SCC was still around, one of the writers, Dave Coleman, proposed setting inertia limits, rather than speed limits. Under this idea, lighter vehicles would be allowed higher speeds. Never really thought it out, but I've always figured it sounded somewhat elegant.

2013-aston-martin-vanquish-photo-478713-s-1280x782.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish review:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-aston-martin-vanquish-first-drive-review

Pontiac is back! Those skirts look ridiculous, and the headlights are starting to look a bit meh. I think maybe it might look insectile because of the colour choice, more than anything else.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It might be lifeless compared to the manual (haven't tried one) but driving my AT in sport mode is quite fun for a daily driver. I know it's no 370z ;-)

I'd have loved to see a dual clutch auto in a car like this, instead.

FStop7

Banned
That thread is making my head hurt. I can't believe I'm being lectured to about cars by someone who doesn't know the difference between a coupe and a sedan. I'm done posting in it.

Something that frequently happens on GAF is that a thread will start in which one or more uninformed parties will make an uninformed argument. People on both sides of the argument will continue to repeat uninformed things. Then, a subject matter expert appears in the thread and posts their informed opinion, which often invalidates the entire discussion because both sides are wrong.

And yet, the debate will rage on as if that subject matter expert never posted anything. Both sides ignore it and keep on banging away.

Why must Renault genuine parts be so expensive? £850 ($1300- remember, tax) for a catback, including fitting.

An aftermarket stainless steel catback fitted costs half the price! Am sorely tempted to let the backboxes fall apart completely before I replace it, it's halfway there...

It's not really about limits. You can't really legislate skill - lower speeds on highways just reduce efficiency. Let's face it, most people are able to drive at high speed in a straight line just fine.

But with regards to road conditions, that's generally (ostensibly) how speed limits are designated for certain stretches. But the point is that speeding isn't really punished so much as a pay-per-use service, really. If you wanted to prevent someone from speeding, you'd make it a very harsh punishment.

On the other hand, one could say that with cars being sold with ever-increasing power numbers, that we're almost being encouraged to pay these speeding fines. Why not put speed limiters on cars to limit them to say, 75mph? Is there a reason for a car in modern society (on public roads) to even go to 135, 155, etc?

I see your point and that actually does make me wonder why, aside from public safety, that speed limits are essentially elastic so to speak.

In regards to the increase in power and speed limiters.. we do have speed limiters but they tend to put the limits on what extreme the car can safely handle. For example, I believe a Mustang is capped off at 120mph due a bunch of factors that I can't remember. But of course if you take the limiter out, the car goes faster and IIRC, Ford isn't liable for anything if something goes wrong past the 120mph limit imposed.

I'll try to ask one of my police buddies and see his and maybe even the PD's take on it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I keep seeing this Jaguar XF ad at the top of my screen all the time that says "Jaguar XF. We don't do slow"

Well, Jaguar...you sure fucking do now. Thanks for giving the XF a 240HP turbo-4 to compete with the 528i. Bah, at least it's RWD.

But still, I'm going on Saturday to possibly trade in the BMW and get the last of the V8 Jaaaaaaaaags for myself and my fiance.

Circle T

The best looking car ever. AM got this design to perfection, I don't know how can anyone top this.

Not with that front lip, IMO. The rest of the car is excellent, but I'm just not sure what they're doing with the front lip area on their recent cars. The Virage and V12 Vantage had a similar style, with a darker black splitter area. This car, however, takes it even further, and adds in the crazy curves and makes that whole section even wider. Looks odd to me.

Zyzyxxz

Not with that front lip, IMO. The rest of the car is excellent, but I'm just not sure what they're doing with the front lip area on their recent cars. The Virage and V12 Vantage had a similar style, with a darker black splitter area. This car, however, takes it even further, and adds in the crazy curves and makes that whole section even wider. Looks odd to me.

Trying too hard to be modern, I agree it doesn't need that lip could have been much more conservative.

led4lyfe

I'm trying to buy a car for the first time and I'm extremely overwhelmed. I don't know jack about cars, I just browse autotrader/carmaxx and see what I visually like. I lived in a major city beforehand and never had the need for a car, but now that I've moved away I find that I need one badly.

The only car I've driven is my gfs 2010 Hyundai Sonata, which I have no complaints over(like I said my knowledge is basic so not a lot to complain about). my budget is around 10k, though I'd prefer to just buy some rinkydink car for 2 grand and be done with it, but dealerships don't seem to have cars like that in their inventory.

And when I'm at the dealership, will they help me with talking with insurance companies or am I on my own??? The only insurance I have is medical.

Thanks.

N-Bomb

I'm trying to buy a car for the first time and I'm extremely overwhelmed. I don't know jack about cars, I just browse autotrader/carmaxx and see what I visually like. I lived in a major city beforehand and never had the need for a car, but now that I've moved away I find that I need one badly.

The only car I've driven is my gfs 2010 Hyundai Sonata, which I have no complaints over(like I said my knowledge is basic so not a lot to complain about). my budget is around 10k, though I'd prefer to just buy some rinkydink car for 2 grand and be done with it, but dealerships don't seem to have cars like that in their inventory.

And when I'm at the dealership, will they help me with talking with insurance companies or am I on my own??? The only insurance I have is medical.

Thanks.

If you're fine with rinkydink, go with used 3rd party. Don't need to buy from a dealer. Just be vigilant about mechanical issues and such.

J-Rzez

The new Aston is classy-sex on wheels, there's no disputing that. Sure that front splitter isn't really Aston like, but so what, look at the car as a whole, especially from other angles and in different classy colors.

Enron

Banned

Thanks.

Buying a 2000 dollar car is a mistake. A 2000 dollar car will inevitably turn into a 4000 dollar car or more very quickly and you will regret it. Identify the max range you are comfortable spending, and then go spend it.

You'll need to get insurance.

Also, if you are spending under 10 grand on a used car, I would avoid a dealer. They are generally all at LEAST a tad shady about used cars and they aren't going to give you a warranty worth a damn for a car that cheap. Much better to just hit up autotrader and find one that's been well cared for and avoid paying the extra couple of grand in dealer markup.

The gtr isn't cheap. The maintanence is severe. Honestly I'd take several cars before a gtr as a dd.

Both the z06 and zr1 can be had for 15k under msrp.

Um really??

compare to other cars with similar performance, its actually not too bad.

tires are expensive.
transmission oil is kinda on the up side.
brakes are similar to high performance cars.

oil change is like any other nissan.

guess how much an oil change on other super cars?

I actually appreciate both of your banter.

I currently have a C5 Z06 which is a bit worn out after track, backroads and general hard driving.

I'm probably going to either get a C6 Z06 or a used GTR in 2013. My biggest research will be around maintenance costs. I'm hard on cars and my Z06 has already bit me hard a couple of times.

Going forward my plan is to not keep a car past it's warranty period or atleast have factor extended warranty that keeps it going. Been a while but I recall people complaining that track usage voids warranty repair on the GTR?

edit: read the 2013 owners manual

WARRANTY INFORMATION Please read this Owner’s Manual carefully, together with your Warranty Information Booklet which describes a number of express limitations, exclusions and ways to void your warranty for failing to follow the instructions contained in this Owner’s Manual, including, but not limited to: . Failure to use proper parts, fuel and fluids, . Driving with the VDC off, . Racing, . Any competitive driving of any sort whatso- ever, . Use on a track or driving on any airstrip, . Modifications, including adding/replacing, reprogramming, attempting to reprogram, altering, disconnecting any computer, con- trol unit or electronic modules,
. Deleting any or all stored information in any computer, control unit or electronic module including VSDR, . Failure to have required GT-R Performance Optimization Services performed. In addition, see your tire warranty for specific limitations or exclusions for operating summer tires below −208C( −4

N-Bomb

Buying a 2000 dollar car is a mistake. A 2000 dollar car will inevitably turn into a 4000 dollar car or more very quickly and you will regret it. Identify the max range you are comfortable spending, and then go spend it.

A $4,000 car is still cheaper than a $10,000 car.

Thanks.

My quick answer for <$10 Daily Drivers is: Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic.

If you want a car with a more specific focus then please detail that, but those two are well rounded daily commuters with good MPG, decent features, good reliability and solid prices.

Viperbah

I actually appreciate both of your banter.

I currently have a C5 Z06 which is a bit worn out after track, backroads and general hard driving.

I'm probably going to either get a C6 Z06 or a used GTR in 2013. My biggest research will be around maintenance costs. I'm hard on cars and my Z06 has already bit me hard a couple of times.

Going forward my plan is to not keep a car past it's warranty period or atleast have factor extended warranty that keeps it going. Been a while but I recall people complaining that track usage voids warranty repair on the GTR?

edit: read the 2013 owners manual

WARRANTY INFORMATION Please read this Owner’s Manual carefully, together with your Warranty Information Booklet which describes a number of express limitations, exclusions and ways to void your warranty for failing to follow the instructions contained in this Owner’s Manual, including, but not limited to: . Failure to use proper parts, fuel and fluids, . Driving with the VDC off, . Racing, . Any competitive driving of any sort whatso- ever, . Use on a track or driving on any airstrip, . Modifications, including adding/replacing, reprogramming, attempting to reprogram, altering, disconnecting any computer, con- trol unit or electronic modules,
. Deleting any or all stored information in any computer, control unit or electronic module including VSDR, . Failure to have required GT-R Performance Optimization Services performed. In addition, see your tire warranty for specific limitations or exclusions for operating summer tires below &#8722;208C( &#8722;4

It seems like stuff fraks up on GTRs and Z06's quite often...get a viper and don't look back.

But seriously...I had an C6 Z and it was a great car. Friend has a modded 09 GTR and another has a new 13 GTR....you honestly can't go wrong with your decision. I wouldn't let the maintenance thing worry you, especially if your getting a warranty.

N-Bomb

It seems like stuff fraks up on GTRs and Z06's quite often...get a viper and don't look back.

But seriously...I had an C6 Z and it was a great car. Friend has a modded 09 GTR and another has a new 13 GTR....you honestly can't go wrong with your decision. I wouldn't let the maintenance thing worry you, especially if your getting a warranty.

Let's put it this way, shall we?

If you can afford to actually buy one of these cars, why are you worrying about these maintenance costs once a year?

If that's really such a concern, perhaps you can't really afford this car and should consider something else.

Sorry I havnt been keeping up with this thread entirely lately

Nbomb, hows your GC Project? is it complete, I have some questions as I am starting to seek out parts for mine.

N-Bomb

Nbomb, hows your GC Project? is it complete, I have some questions as I am starting to seek out parts for mine.

It's moving slow for the moment, and it probably won't be complete for years, probably. ;) Too much planned, and I don't want to do it all at once.

But I'm almost done with the intercooler splitter. What did you need to know?

It's moving slow for the moment, and it probably won't be complete for years, probably. ;) Too much planned, and I don't want to do it all at once.

But I'm almost done with the intercooler splitter. What did you need to know?

oh I was just wondering how the swapped car felt.

Everytime I go from my MR2 to the Impreza I think about how anti sports car it is, just feeling of seating position and everything, its hard to get motivated to spend the money for the swap instead of spending more money on my SW20.

Ive found a number of parts I am extremely close on buying, WRX transmission, coilovers, and a bunch of stuff like lateral links, Aluminum control arms, trailing arms and such.

understand I am swapping from FWD Auto so its a bit more work for me, and I am really thinking it should be worth it.

That and I am wondering if its worth picking up a JDM WRX/STi engine over saving up a bit for a USDM WRX/STi engine.

but right now, weren't you paying a shop for all the work? how come it will take so long?

Let's put it this way, shall we?

If you can afford to actually buy one of these cars, why are you worrying about these maintenance costs once a year?

If that's really such a concern, perhaps you can't really afford this car and should consider something else.

Having money vs spending it needlessly isn't the same thing.

Would I prefer:

A. High performance car that I can track and will still be covered by warranty
B. High performance car that would void warranty if I track it

It's not about maintenance cost. It's about big parts grenading during the coverage period not being covered.

But surely you would be concerned about crashing your car at a track which is not covered by insurance? I wouldn't race any car unless I could afford the total loss of it, and it sounds like you're more worried about the maintenance/warranty costs...? Both the Z06/ZR1 and GTR are pretty well proven not to have any serious flaws already.

N-Bomb

oh I was just wondering how the swapped car felt.

Everytime I go from my MR2 to the Impreza I think about how anti sports car it is, just feeling of seating position and everything, its hard to get motivated to spend the money for the swap instead of spending more money on my SW20.

Ive found a number of parts I am extremely close on buying, WRX transmission, coilovers, and a bunch of stuff like lateral links, Aluminum control arms, trailing arms and such.

understand I am swapping from FWD Auto so its a bit more work for me, and I am really thinking it should be worth it.

That and I am wondering if its worth picking up a JDM WRX/STi engine over saving up a bit for a USDM WRX/STi engine.

but right now, weren't you paying a shop for all the work? how come it will take so long?

Aha, some misunderstanding!

First - yes, a USDM GC Impreza will feel pretty economy because aside from the 2.5RS, it pretty much was MEANT to be economy. For the first couple MY, AWD was an option, even.

I can say that after my swap, it feels just SLIGHTLY less sharp than my Celica, but the grip is massive in comparison, and it has almost twice the power. Plus I adore the extra inch or two of headroom and a few other small things.

Compared to my old Celica and your MR2, it's not significantly bigger on the outside, will have more headroom, and only slightly less legroom in the front.

It should actually weight quite a bit less than your MR2 (assuming turbo/t-bar) if it's the FWD version, and after a swap, only a bit more.

Advice: forget about coilovers. Unless you're autoxing or want to run stupid wide wheel/tire, they're just expensive toys. Stick with the suspension from an RS, from a WRX or STi, or if you're looking for JDM, 'pinks'.

Second, the differences between USDM and JDM are basically:

JDM = 2.0L, tuned for high end power and 8200 RPM redline or so. Needs better gas unless you want it detuned somewhat (like mine, but I'm going to retune for 93 octane). Newer JDM engines will come with a twin-scroll turbo (like mine) which speeds turbo spool-up.

USDM = 2.5L, tuned for low end torque, redline I think is in the 6xxx ish range, but because of the engine's construction, it starts to feel 'rough' in higher RPMs. Can run with cheaper (91) gas to make similar power (no replacement for displacement, right?)

The EJ207 (JDM) will ultimately make more power for various technical reasons I won't get into, but keeping near stock, either should make you happy.

As to misunderstanding - yep! That's all done, but as a PROJECT, this car isn't finished. :) I posted dyno charts a couple weeks ago, and I'm planning to get some more power into the car in the new year, as well as repainting it and a few other things.

Actually (FINALLY) have a new car stereo coming on monday, so I won't have to depend on AM/FM or cassette anymore! Woo!

Having money vs spending it needlessly isn't the same thing.

Would I prefer:

A. High performance car that I can track and will still be covered by warranty
B. High performance car that would void warranty if I track it

It's not about maintenance cost. It's about big parts grenading during the coverage period not being covered.

I'm not saying to spend it needlessly, but buying a car and affording it are two different things, and one needs to account for all the realistic and possible costs before jumping in. I could buy a Ferrari right now, but I wouldn't be able to afford the insurance, maintenance, etc... so it's a moot point, you know?

GuessWho

so thinking about getting an FR-S. I actually do prefer the BRZ but it's a tad too expensive to me. The only issue is the transmission. I can't decide. I know it's more fun to drive a MT, but really I can't be bothered with that shit anymore (traffic). Heavily leaning on AT. I just have a feeling that no matter which transmission I choose, there will be some regret.
This will also be my main and only car, which I kind of hesitating due to being not that practical. urgh

Enron

Banned
A $4,000 car is still cheaper than a $10,000 car.

a 4000 dollar car that will always be needing things fixed, and won't be too reliable (most likely). If you can afford it, its much better to just avoid all that shit entirely.

It's not like old, cheap cars are always poorly maintained either. Definitely worth looking at some sub 2k cars if you're not bothered and just need a casual runabout.

No, but the odds of a 2k dollar, old car being "well maintained" is slim at best. Even if its well-maintained, there's a good chance some not-so-cheap work is looming.

The odds are pretty good that if you buy a 2kish car, you will just be throwing your money away. If that's what you can afford, then that's what you can afford, but the poster said he could spend up to 10k (i assume comfortably) on one.

N-Bomb

a 4000 dollar car that will always be needing things fixed, and won't be too reliable (most likely). If you can afford it, its much better to just avoid all that shit entirely.

No, but the odds of a 2k dollar, old car being "well maintained" is slim at best. Even if its well-maintained, there's a good chance some not-so-cheap work is looming.

The odds are pretty good that if you buy a 2kish car, you will just be throwing your money away. If that's what you can afford, then that's what you can afford, but the poster said he could spend up to 10k (i assume comfortably) on one.

Every car I've owned has been bought used, two for $4500 or less. One had issues that were my fault and I got rid of it after 5 years, the other one is my current car and has had no issues.

My mom's last two cars were all bought for $7000 and $3500, both lasted for 7+ years without issue. (one needed a CV joint replaced, but that's it).

Keep in mind that this is going back into the 90s, where a couple of those cars were from the 80s.

Cars produced in the past 10-15 years are STELLAR with regards to reliability if they were taken care of. This is not the 70s, where shit just rusted from sitting for a week or had chintzy electrical systems. Lastly, be smart and don't fall in love with a particular car, make sure you buy a good one.

Used is good!

Enron

Banned
Every car I've owned has been bought used, two for $4500 or less. One had issues that were my fault and I got rid of it after 5 years, the other one is my current car and has had no issues.

My mom's last two cars were all bought for $7000 and $3500, both lasted for 7+ years without issue. (one needed a CV joint replaced, but that's it).

Keep in mind that this is going back into the 90s, where a couple of those cars were from the 80s.

Cars produced in the past 10-15 years are STELLAR with regards to reliability if they were taken care of. This is not the 70s, where shit just rusted from sitting for a week or had chintzy electrical systems. Lastly, be smart and don't fall in love with a particular car, make sure you buy a good one.

Used is good!

You didn't spend 4500 on your current car. You spent like 4500 on it and then put like 10k of work into it. So its not a 15k or somesuch car. Nice try!

But surely you would be concerned about crashing your car at a track which is not covered by insurance? I wouldn't race any car unless I could afford the total loss of it, and it sounds like you're more worried about the maintenance/warranty costs...? Both the Z06/ZR1 and GTR are pretty well proven not to have any serious flaws already.

I made sure to have an ins company that covers track usage as long as it's a "track school" and not timed/racing.

I only do trackdays basically.

N-Bomb

You didn't spend 4500 on your current car. You spent like 4500 on it and then put like 10k of work into it. So its not a 15k or somesuch car. Nice try!

I spent $4500 on it, used, and drove it to Chicago not a couple weeks later with 0 issues. The money I put into it after has no bearing on that reliability. :eek:

AcridMeat

Banned
My current car was $2600, has 196k (now), is clean as hell in and out and has had no issues for 3 years now. The fear of used is pretty despicable. Just be smart about it.

matmanx1

I took the wife on a "date" today to the Mall for shopping and lunch out. We took the Boxster and spent the entire time after lunch with the top down (77 degrees and clear, so perfect weather!) and had a great time with it.

Even buying a King Size pillow, a couple pairs of shoes and other assorted odds and ends everything fit with room to spare when divided between the front and rear trunks. The wife was impressed with the storage utility and the comfort of the seats and interior and of course I love that it's a beautiful, fun to drive car. This made me realize that any car that can keep her happy and comfortable while keeping me thoroughly entertained at the same time is a pretty special automobile.

J-Rzez

Ariel Atom 3.5 announced:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/12/ariel-atom-3-5-revealed-in-uk/

Seriously, I'm going to take a hard look at this car (thing?). The only problem I'm having is figuring how these guys at some local events got them street legal here in PA. See the problem is that the car doesn't have any bumpers, which is a no-no even for a "kit car". Each event I went to since then trying to question these guys how they did it (maybe bought a once registered model from another state?) I haven't seen them since.

VIR isn't too long of a haul for me. Though the season's shifting for the worse now. I put all purchases on hold until spring at least, as there are too many good new models hitting/unveiled this following year.

I'm just having a hard time seeing how an Atom would not be the best Sunday drive/Track machine out there, especially from a purist stand point.

TylerD

I took the wife on a "date" today to the Mall for shopping and lunch out. We took the Boxster and spent the entire time after lunch with the top down (77 degrees and clear, so perfect weather!) and had a great time with it.

Even buying a King Size pillow, a couple pairs of shoes and other assorted odds and ends everything fit with room to spare when divided between the front and rear trunks. The wife was impressed with the storage utility and the comfort of the seats and interior and of course I love that it's a beautiful, fun to drive car. This made me realize that any car that can keep her happy and comfortable while keeping me thoroughly entertained at the same time is a pretty special automobile.

It sounds like you are falling in love with your car. It feels good doesn't it? :)

I'm head over heels for my car after about 5 weeks of owning it. It just does everything so well and I have received several compliments on the color and the styling. The M-Technic body kit and wheels with the performance package definitely set it apart from other e46 coupes.

I did some research and found a guy to fix my exterior flaws (bad paint bubbling/peeling on the hood, deep key scratch on drivers door, small dent above rear right wheel well, some larger paint chips). Dropped it off at his house yesterday morning and picked it up that afternoon. He sent me progress pics 3 times during the day without me asking and you could tell he is very proud of his work. It looks awesome, the paint blending is excellent and at $500 for everything I couldn't be happier with the end result.

I replaced a bad washer fluid pump, faded and crumbling hood cowl, and nasty yellowed side markers today.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Sounds like you are falling in love with your car. It feels good doesn't it? :)

I'm head over heels for my e46 330 coupe after about 5 weeks of owning it. It just does everything so well and I have received several compliments on the color and the styling. The M-Technic body kit and wheels with the performance package definitely set it apart from other e46 coupes.

I did some research and found a guy to fix my exterior flaws (bad paint bubbling/peeling on the hood, deep key scratch on drivers door, small dent above rear right wheel well, some larger paint chips). Dropped it off at his house yesterday morning and picked it up that afternoon. He sent me progress pics 3 times during the day without me asking and you could tell he is very proud of his work. It looks awesome, the paint blending is excellent and at $500 for everything I couldn't be happier with the end result.

I replaced a bad washer fluid pump, faded and crumbling hood cowl, and nasty yellowed side markers today.

Damn I need to find myself a guy that does all those fixes to my car too lol. (NYC) T_T

TylerD

Damn I need to find myself a guy that does all those fixes to my car too lol. (NYC) T_T

I took it to several body shops and they were quoting me 1000-1200 because they insisted that they wanted to respray the whole hood and drivers side due to matching issues and that wasn't even accounting for the dent and some chips on the passenger side. Finding a paint / bumper repair specialist can save you a ton.

It was very surprising when the guy told me that he is a full time police officer and only does the painting stuff on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom