• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Bomb

How is a hatchback "a whole half another car" compared to a sedan? If anything they are shorter than their sedan versions.

A hatchback isn't a wagon. I briefly considered an Outback or Outback sport, but it really didn't make much sense.

Should I always wear a backpack in case I need to put something in it?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A hatchback isn't a wagon. I briefly considered an Outback or Outback sport, but it really didn't make much sense.

Depends on the hatchback. Many have the same wheelbase and end to end length, with more headroom and more flexible configuration. My Honda fit literally has more storage capacity than my much larger Mazda CX7. Honda Fit feels more like a van with the seats folded.

ascii42

Not a good analogy, as you can't easily add a hatchback to an existing car, while you can easily take off or put on a backpack.

It may be better to ask if you should own a backpack in case you ever need it (but that would be more like a trailer for a car).

N-Bomb

Not a good analogy, as you can't easily add a hatchback to an existing car, while you can easily take off or put on a backpack.

It may be better to ask if you should own a backpack in case you ever need it (but that would be more like a trailer for a car).

Okay, maybe better would be why should I build a garage on to my house if I don't have a car?

Tesla Model S NYT writer shitted on.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/14/tesla-takes-new-york-times-to-task-for-damning-model-s-re/

Hahaha, my God, I'd never write again if I was outed to be such a lying moron.

Man, there's always editorial agendas to some extent, but I wonder what was up here.

MiKeD

Banned
I keep seeing more and more Dacia's driving around here in Europe. Are they actually good cars now? The only point of reference I got to them are Top Gear episodes from the past lol.

N-Bomb

Nissan needs to bring the Silvia back as a Toyobaru competitor. I'd go for that (if it's not ugly like the rest of their stuff!)

N-Bomb

The stupid thing about these rankings is they work by problems per 100 cars, when not all problems are equal: old person can't figure out how to work new-fangled touchscreen system, that's a problem. Engine explodes, that's a problem.

A problem? Ooh, you better believe that's a problem. </Jasper>

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The stupid thing about these rankings is they work by problems per 100 cars, when not all problems are equal: old person can't figure out how to work new-fangled touchscreen system, that's a problem. Engine explodes, that's a problem.

I think JD has addressed these kinds of quirks actually (which may explain the massive drop in actual problems reported between the 2009 cars and 2010 cars in this report).

Surely though, people who buy a more catered specialty car like a 370Z are far more likely to know how to operate it than say...a Ford Edge with Sync.

Acid08

Banned
Ended up needing to get my clutch master cylinder replaced after a few days of my car not wanting to shift. Ended up costing $320. I really need to learn how to do some of this myself, the part costs $25 for fuck's sake.

cAwJUfr.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/14/chevrolet-ss-previewed-by-holden-vf-commodore-ss-v-show-car/

I like it.

IISANDERII

2010-mercedes-benz-c-class-pic-52120.png

This car is all over the place. It's around every corner, in every parking garage and waiting at every drive thru. I must see at least 50 every day.
I think it's a good sign though because imo, it's one of the very few attractive cars presently so it would seem that good taste is well and truly alive. It's got that classic sedan profile accented into a bit of a wedge shape. And perhaps 85% of the ones I see are white. You gotta look good then because you can't run and hide when you're white.
I wonder what the actual sales figures are.

sammich

2014-acura-rlx-fd.jpg

EWWWWWWW

What the fuck at those bug-eye lenses. Jesus Acura.

WTF is that... What is wrong with Acura? Are they trying to out ugly Lexus? There must be a competition going on to create the most ugly boring cars that sell the most. I thought they were turning a corner with the 2012 TL's. My 2k8 TL was the last good looking car they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom