• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlphaSnake said:
Yeah. Don't be fooled, though, it's only lighter by about 50lbs - and not the excess amount Nissan claimed.

Here's a pic of my old car:
XwvUD.png

Damn, that is one clean 350. I really love my car but the only thing that I am eventually going to change is that the front headlights are going to be painted black where it is currently metallic. Haven't decided on FI but for the amount that cost's I could just upgrade to a 370 nismo. Any pic's of your 370?

Zyzyxxz

tarius1210 said:
Sorry, but the 370Z looks awful. 350Z looks way better.

The front (370Z) looks like a shark whale.

heh unfortunately for me I dislike both, but would rather have the 350z, the 370 has such horrible bodylines, tail lights, and headlights.

I'll take a 240Z anyday of the week though
1970_datsun_240z-pic-39624.jpeg

Zyzyxxz said:
heh unfortunately for me I dislike both, but would rather have the 350z, the 370 has such horrible bodylines, tail lights, and headlights.

I'll take a 240Z anyday of the week though
1970_datsun_240z-pic-39624.jpeg

While I like the 240Z, there are such better looking cars for the price range and the era.

Askia47

Is there any good sites besides (car.com/autotrader.com/ or ebaymotors) to look up used sport sedans under 15,000. Im looking at WRXs, Evos, or G-35 coupes.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
TheFuryMGS3 said:
Damn, that is one clean 350. I really love my car but the only thing that I am eventually going to change is that the front headlights are going to be painted black where it is currently metallic. Haven't decided on FI but for the amount that cost's I could just upgrade to a 370 nismo. Any pic's of your 370?

No nice pics, unfortunately. Just a few crappy ones when I bought it - it had mud on it. *shudder*

AlphaSnake

Zyzyxxz said:

Wrong.

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

Don't even get me started on the difference in quality AND looks of the interiors of both cars. The 370Z is fucking awesome inside.

Ovid

Alpha, that shit looks fucking sexy. I applaude you...you've successfully turned shit into gold. I would totally drive that if I was 21 years old.

Now that I'm older, I prefer sports luxury sedans.

That is one sick looking ride.

Pterion

tarius1210 said:
Alpha, that shit looks fucking sexy. I applaude you...you've successfully turned shit into gold. I would totally drive that if I was 21 years old.
ICE COLD!

I kind of agree. I wouldn't drive any of these cars now. German luxury coupe or bust! 3 more years to go...

Damn, I NEED to get my headlights blacked like that. The metallic shine just looks so off from the rest of the car. Any ideas on the cost of that?

Pterion said:
ICE COLD!

I kind of agree. I wouldn't drive any of these cars now. German luxury coupe or bust!

Take your overpriced overhyped car and go home
JK; 19 yrs old probably would explain why I still like mine

Pterion

33-Hit-Combo said:
Random question, are you in HK by any chance?
I think he's in cali.

Boy that S5 sportback is pure hotness. God I love the germans when it comes to cars. Classy and badass at the same time!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: great car or greatest car?

boss12_b04_lg.jpg

Big-ass brakes, quad exhaust (with twin side exhausts purely for sound), no Bluetooth, no navigation, 444 hi-revving horsepower, and it can run with an E92 BMW M3.

twinturbo2 said:
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: great car or greatest car?

boss12_b04_lg.jpg

Big-ass brakes, quad exhaust (with twin side exhausts purely for sound), no Bluetooth, no navigation, 444 hi-revving horsepower, and it can run with an E92 BMW M3.

Amazing car, horrid paint options.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
TheFuryMGS3 said:
Amazing car, horrid paint schemes.
How could you call that paint scheme horrid, you pinko commie? It's the paint scheme the 1969 Boss 302 wore with pride!

1969_mustang_boss302track.jpg

Just kidding about the pinko commie bit.

Ovid

AlphaSnake said:
Just to clarify, that is NOT my car. Mine is Black Cherry.
Do you at least have the bodykit?

Saw a crazy 2012 Camaro on Motorweek last night. Thing had 700hp and ran to 60mph in 3 seconds. Unbelievable.

twinturbo2 said:
How could you call that paint scheme horrid, you pinko commie? It's the paint scheme the 1969 Boss 302 wore with pride!

1969_mustang_boss302track.jpg

Just kidding about the pinko commie bit.

It was in reference to the laguna seca edition. Also, just because something don's the paint scheme of an ancestor vehicle doesn't instantly make it the right choice.

P.S. The white roof looks dumb regardless.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I have the inside line on a 2000 Miata with <35k miles, garaged and in great shape, that I can get on the cheap. I don't really need another vehicle, but I am tempted. What say you, oh wise ones?

Pterion

chuckddd said:
I have the inside line on a 2000 Miata with <35k miles, garaged and in great shape, that I can get on the cheap. I don't really need another vehicle, but I am tempted. What say you, oh wise ones?
Track car or not?

chuckddd said:
Is it the six speed with the LSD?

I would do it myself. :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Pterion said:
Did they upgrade the interior on the boss? The current Mustang looks awful, interior-wise...
Not really. The base model can be had with Recaro race seats, the Laguna Seca edition has them standard.

TheFuryMGS3 said:
It was in reference to the laguna seca edition. Also, just because something don's the paint scheme of an ancestor vehicle doesn't instantly make it the right choice.

P.S. The white roof looks dumb regardless.
It can keep up with and outrun a E92 BMW M3, it's more than just a paintjob.

chuckddd said:
Right now? Completely stock.

After I get it? Who knows.

Track or street, the Miata is a great car.

Just stay away from the NA's if you care about crash safety. I'd be scared as hell to drive an NA Miata. The front windshield is ridiculously weak and will get crushed like a can during a roll... you can imagine what happens to your head when there's no roll support from the front windshield.

twinturbo2 said:
Not really. The base model can be had with Recaro race seats, the Laguna Seca edition has them standard.

It can keep up with and outrun a E92 BMW M3, it's more than just a paintjob.

The car sounds great, my complaint came solely at the paint. Also for the money you are spending I would go for the gt500

BoobPhysics101 said:
Track or street, the Miata is a great car.

Just stay away from the NA's if you care about crash safety. I'd be scared as hell to drive an NA Miata. The front windshield is ridiculously weak and will get crushed like a can during a roll... you can imagine what happens to your head when there's no roll support from the front windshield.
NB is better for safety then? I've been lusting after an NB for a while now.

Zyzyxxz said:

I know an opinion can't technically be wrong, but...

Damn, you're so wrong it hurts.

The 350z has a hideous front end (looks like a frog), decent back end, and the rest is whatever.

Whereas the 370z is the opposite of what you said: vastly improved over the 350z's aesthetics. The bodylines, tails, and headlights look SO much better than the weaksauce, 'Altima on Steroids' look of the 350z.

The 350z really does look like complete ass compared to the 370z. Not to mention the engine is shittier on the pre 07 350z's and the 350z had horrible alignment issues during its early years, while the 370z has been relatively problem free (other than the crappy feeling clutch).

The 370z will be remembered as the car that fixed almost all of the 350z's failings.

opticalmace said:
NB is better for safety then? I've been lusting after an NB for a while now.

Yes, the NB is structurally stronger than the NA. It has more bracing and reinforcement than an NA Miata.

I'd recommend a roll bar if you want to track it, though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
opticalmace said:
Is it the six speed with the LSD?

I would do it myself. :D

5 speed with the LSD. It's the 2000 LS package. The six-speed didn't come with the LS until 2001. In 2000, it was special edition only.

BoobPhysics101 said:
Yes, the NB is structurally stronger than the NA. It has more bracing and reinforcement than an NA Miata.

I'd recommend a roll bar if you want to track it, though.

It's an NB. If I track it, I'm going with a hardtop. Maybe a roll bar, too, I have no idea how strong the hardtops are.

EDIT:
GamePnoy74 said:
This has to be the greatest car livery EVAR:

Porsche GT team will be fueled by chicken and waffles

How awesome?

chuckddd said:
5 speed with the LSD. It's the 2000 LS package. The six-speed didn't come with the LS until 2001. In 2000, it was special edition only.

It's an NB. If I track it, I'm going with a hardtop. Maybe a roll bar, too, I have no idea how strong the hardtops are.

EDIT:

How awesome?

Do it. An LSD equipped Miata is going to handle much better/be more fun than the non-LSD base models.

To answer your concern, hardtops do not add any roll safety. A roll bar does.

Halvie

Banned
aznpxdd said:
Nice TE37's! The CF body kit looks kinda off though.

God, I wish we have the A5/S5 Sport back here, so fucking sexy.

P1060185.jpg

P1060189.jpg

Not to mention the insanely amazing and expensive adv-10 wheels.

Anyone interested in 18.5 x 8 te37 in bronze 5x112 hit me up.

Pterion said:
Did they upgrade the interior on the boss? The current Mustang looks awful, interior-wise...

Have you been in a 2011? I rented a v6 a month or so ago, and was actually impressed with it. Not as bad material wise as many make it out to be.

AlphaSnake

tarius1210 said:
Do you at least have the bodykit?

Saw a crazy 2012 Camaro on Motorweek last night. Thing had 700hp and ran to 60mph in 3 seconds. Unbelievable.

No, I'm not big on body kits. I'm just showing off how sexy the car looks with the headlights.

Pterion said:
I think he's in cali.

Boy that S5 sportback is pure hotness. God I love the germans when it comes to cars. Classy and badass at the same time!

I had a moment of stupid, I realised it wasn't his car after reading his post. The vegetation and railings gave the location away for me :p

Okay, so I'm really confused.

I will soon be buying a car, and I'm planning on buying it in Ohio. I live in New York State but I'm from Ohio and can get better deals there. Plus, my family has a good personal relationship with a dealer in Ohio and we've been getting cars from there for decades.

How exactly does the whole sales tax stuff work when you buy a car from one state and register in another? I've been given conflicting information from dealers about this. Will I not be charged sales tax in Ohio and then have to pay the tax up-front when I register the vehicle in NYS? I'd rather not be slammed with a gigantic tax when I visit the DMV.

doitlive said:
http://youtu.be/wh4-FQVd4ws
FPV-GT-Range-2011-main-688x430.jpg

I think it looks way better than the Mustang.
That's a good angle for the Falcon....

BUT

From the side, they look pretty boring. Like a car from the 90's. No thanks.

Ford-Falcon-FPV-Boss-335-GT-2.jpg

Yes, please!
01_supersnake2010.jpg

08_supersnake2010.jpg

What an absolutely stunning profile the Mustang has. Its like if a car and a high powered gun mated -- this is what they'd have.

twinturbo2 said:

It looks great on a classic 69, don't like it so much on the new mustang.

TheFuryMGS3 said:
Take your overpriced overhyped car and go home
JK; 19 yrs old probably would explain why I still like mine

I don't think age has much to do with what cars you like. I'm in my mid 30s and would never drive a so called sport/luxury sedan like a BMW or Mercedes. Just not my thing.

BertramCooper said:
Okay, so I'm really confused.

I will soon be buying a car, and I'm planning on buying it in Ohio. I live in New York State but I'm from Ohio and can get better deals there. Plus, my family has a good personal relationship with a dealer in Ohio and we've been getting cars from there for decades.

How exactly does the whole sales tax stuff work when you buy a car from one state and register in another? I've been given conflicting information from dealers about this. Will I not be charged sales tax in Ohio and then have to pay the tax up-front when I register the vehicle in NYS? I'd rather not be slammed with a gigantic tax when I visit the DMV.
To elaborate upon this, I've talked to two dealers in Ohio.

One said that upon purchase of the vehicle, they will give me a check to cover the cost the sales tax when I register it in NYS, and then that will be factored into the payments.

The other said I will simply have to pay the tax upfront when I register it in NYS. The sales tax for my county of residence is 8%, so say I buy an $18,000 vehicle - that's potentially $1,440 in sales tax to pay. At once. Just after putting a down payment on a new vehicle.

Does any of this make sense? I can't make heads or tails of it.

Shogmaster said:
Let's play a new game. Let's see if you guys can follow along without explanation:

I don't know, long car is long?

Fast as it may be, that Venom GT can take a hike. 288 GTO is still gorgeous; easily the prettiest super Ferrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom