• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
$40 paint protector...buffer...

Aha. Did he try to sell you a bridge?

Look, I see you're pretty prominent on the gaming side. So you probably know some shit about how to make a smart decision buying a console, a good game, a good accessory, etc. Apply that to any move or purchase you make with your car. Go to a dedicated FRS/BRZ forum and start reading.

A $40 paint protector buffer = shitty wax job with shitty rotary machine by a shitty inexperienced buffoon with shitty swirl marks all over your brand new car.

$40 paint protector...buffer...

Aha. Did he try to sell you a bridge?

Look, I see you're pretty prominent on the gaming side. So you probably know some shit about how to make a smart decision buying a console, a good game, a good accessory, etc. Apply that to any move or purchase you make with your car. Go to a dedicated FRS/BRZ forum and start reading.

A $40 paint protector buffer = shitty wax job with shitty rotary machine by a shitty inexperienced buffoon with shitty swirl marks all over your brand new car.

which is why i didn't do anything lol. I don't make quick decisions on stuff i don't know, heck even on stuff i do know ;)

k ill dig around.

huh, new Z at tokyo auto show?

An all-new Z car is just around the corner. It shouldn’t come as any surprise that other automakers, especially Japanese ones, have been watching with great interest public reaction to the new Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ. The rear-wheel-drive coupes represent a back-to-basics approach to building affordable sports cars, and Nissan also has quite a history with sports coupes, dating all the way back to the old Datsun 240Z. The 370Z is that car’s current relative, but when compared to the FR-S and BRZ, it’s too heavy and expensive.

Nissan VP Andy Palmer is fully aware of this, but he still thinks the former two are "designed for a 50-year-old." Also referring to the pair as "midlife crisis cars," Palmer instead wants us to get ready for the 370Z’s successor, which will appear in concept form next month at the Tokyo Motor Show. However, Palmer insists this latest Z car “won’t be for the midlife crisis” but rather for younger enthusiasts in their mid-to-late twenties. The new car will be smaller and lighter than the 370Z and will be powered by a new 2.5-liter turbocharged four pot. A detuned version of the 370’s 3.7-liter V6 will also likely be offered.

25k cars are midlife crisis cars now? rip porche.

ShowDog

The FRS is a far cry from a midlife crisis car given the Scion nameplate and low price point. Weird comment, especially with the more expensive 370Z in the Nissan stable. I really hope we get a nice revival of the affordable, lightweight Japanese sports car.

And the photo above was taken with an iPhone 5S in panorama mode.

No Love

Banned
Saw the new Vette up close and personal on the freeway today. Looks great (really looks like an exotic) butttt I'll be waiting for the new Z06/Z07 that hopefully comes out next year. Til then I'll spank new C7's in the C6 Z06.

Also, as good as the C7 looks, it still just reminds you that the C6 is a future classic. Such a great looking car.

The FRS is a far cry from a midlife crisis car given the Scion nameplate and low price point. Weird comment, especially with the more expensive 370Z in the Nissan stable. I really hope we get a nice revival of the affordable, lightweight Japanese sports car.

Think its just some salt of journalists calling 370z expensive and fat and heavy vs 86. It's a bit early to trashtalk when you haven't shown your stuff either. Anyhow competition is a good thing. Getting RWD cars back to cars well under 30k is just good stuff. Isn't Mazda also thinking of maybe bring back the RX line?

Also above photo was just a standard photo on iphone 5 (the orientation is wrong for some reason). i just cropped out my ugly face from the reflection.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Nissan won't be announcing a new Z next week. No way. Maybe a sub-Z car. Maybe Silvia or SX.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/11/toyota-gt86-sedan-rumored-for-dubai-motor-show-debut.html
A Facebook post and photo from the Dubai International Motor Show is touting the brands new “Wave design” stand set up, as well as the unveiling of a new GT86 based sedan, suggesting that the concept would make its debut at the Dubai Motor Show. The post is accompanied by a photoshop of a GT86 sedan.

Earlier reports of the GT86 based sedan stated that the car wouldn’t make its debut at an international motor show until the next Geneva show, making this Facebook post even harder to believe. Attempts to contact both Toyota or the Dubai Motor Show have been unsuccessful.

huh.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Welp, it's happening. A local shop is putting together a parts list for my S52 swap. Yes, I said S52. Going big or going home.

reilo

Confusion, sorry.

but an E153 is an MR2 Turbo Transmission. S54 being the non turbo version.

I was gonna say. The S52 I'm talking about is the BMW engine for my E30.

Coincidentally, the S54 is the E46 M3 engine.

No Love

Banned
I was gonna say. The S52 I'm talking about is the BMW engine for my E30.

Coincidentally, the S54 is the E46 M3 engine.

S54 sucks compared to S50/S52, especially the Euro S50/S52. S50/S52 are two of my favorite motors ever. So reliable and they make so much power on boost. Also... exhaust note is heavenly. :D

reilo

S54 sucks compared to S50/S52, especially the Euro S50/S52. S50/S52 are two of my favorite motors ever. So reliable and they make so much power on boost. Also... exhaust note is heavenly. :D

Yea, I'm pretty stoked. The car will look like garbage for a while from the exterior. It'll be an ultimate sleeper car.

Going to do... engine + drivetrain -> suspension -> interior -> exterior.

The one S52 that might be available has only 80k miles on it.

cajunator

Banned

Oh ok. The S4 does some mega wide panorama shots too so I was wondering how it was done. Its a really neat feature (I used it for mountain shots too)

Is wrong that every time I see one, I get more attracted to it?

There's a NISMO Juke in my neighborhood. Looks kind attractive from the distance, but up close... meh lol.

I'm really hoping this non "mid-life crisis" Nissan is gonna be a Silvia... that'd be my next car if the next Miata or RX-9 disappoints.

Any news on the manual tranny?

Hey now, it's not I said I like the Murano Crosscabriolet.

sO5rU1s.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Well, the 2014 model year changes for the Fiat 500 Abarth are in... and no dual-clutch transmission. Just a new silver color for the 500C Abarth, a new wheel style, and factory-installed rear parking sensors are available on the hardtop for an extra $250 (standard on the 500C Abarth).

Better learn how to drive manual, then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom