• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
twinturbo2 said:
http://jalopnik.com/5175234/jalopnik-automotive-un+motivational-poster-mega-gallery

This one's my favorite...
http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2009/03/thumb800x800_3368408724_cdd068021f_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love this one:
[IMG]http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2009/03/medium_3368407372_8b162a2f2c_o.jpg

BTW did you guys read Jalopnik's first impressions of the new Camaro?

It seems like they didn't like it very much(they said the G8 GXP was more fun, which is pretty sad) but they are going to give it to other editors at jalopnik until one of them likes it and that'll be the definitive review.

zhenming

akachan ningen said:
I love this one:
BTW did you guys read Jalopnik's first impressions of the new Camaro?

It seems like they didn't like it very much(they said the G8 GXP was more fun, which is pretty sad) but they are going to give it to other editors at jalopnik until one of them likes it and that'll be the definitive review.
Miatas are actually pretty fast and light despite their image....

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm let down by Jalopnik's Camaro review. Mustang it is, then. Hopefully, the Coyote 5.0-liter V8 is out within a year...

Zyzyxxz

akachan ningen said:
I know they are. What's your point?

his point is he's not a car expert but he's trying to sound like one :D

Anyway Miatas can be had for so little money these days! Makes me wanna buy one just to fuck around with for autocrossing... then again I should be saving money to compete in the 24 Hours of Lemons racing @ buttonwillow this year.

twinturbo2 said:
Also, you can put a GM LS motor into a Miata, too.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/V8/index.php

wow, it seems the corvette LS motor goes into anything these days! I'm gonna swap one into my mom's Sienna and rock that bitch around town.

Zyzyxxz

NOOOOOO!

Lamborghini has announced it doesn't plan to produce the Estoque due to the recession!

Hopefully it will come back.

estoque_hr_01-580.jpg

zhenming

Zyzyxxz said:
his point is he's not a car expert but he's trying to sound like one :D
just because i never talked about cars or told you about the times I went around driving different cars doesn't mean I'm not a car expert. and yes, you might be thinking I know jack shit about cars since you know me so well but that just only means you dont know me well enough. I'm just going to squash this nonsense because i have nothing against you.

Zyzyxxz said:
NOOOOOO!

Lamborghini has announced it doesn't plan to produce the Estoque due to the recession!

Hopefully it will come back.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/03/estoque_hr_01-580.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's not as bad as Alfa Romeo's true return to the US being delayed until 2011. Damn this recession. It's more soul-damaging when it's something you can afford. T_T

Zyzyxxz

akachan ningen said:
It's not as bad as Alfa Romeo's true return to the US being delayed until 2011. Damn this recession. It's more soul-damaging when it's something you can afford. T_T

true but its not like we were expecting Alfa Romeo to return anytime soon, the announcement was very much a shock to me so I'm glad they'll come over eventually.

Viperbah

So I got that race with a Charger.....it was an srt8 completely stock. I have a 02 firehawk with mods. I beat him by nearly 3 lengths. I think he gave up at the end thou. The difference was weight, charger is >~4000 lbs, while I am around 3500.

The car looks awesome up close, but i felt like it would have been a close race back when my car was stock. I am pretty disappointed with pretty much all newer muscle cars coming out(besides vettes). They have a lot of HP but too much weight and too little traction. It's pretty bad when you can get a stock Ls1 f-body that beats or hangs with everything coming out now.

bah321 said:
I am pretty disappointed with pretty much all newer muscle cars coming out(besides vettes). They have a lot of HP but too much weight and too little traction. It's pretty bad when you can get a stock Ls1 f-body that beats or hangs with everything coming out now.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. I wouldn't even consider the vette a muscle car, but a full sports car. All the new muscle cars are ass because Americans want them big and strong and yet comfortable when they're on the highway. The big three are really clueless.

Viperbah

akachan ningen said:
Yeah, it's pretty sad. I wouldn't even consider the vette a muscle car, but a full sports car. All the new muscle cars are ass because Americans want them big and strong and yet comfortable when they're on the highway. The big three are really clueless.

They really are. The price point of Chargers and Camaros is just ridiculous too. Why would you pay 30 plus when you can get maybe a slightly used vette, a superior car in every aspect, for around that.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but it is what it is....it's a beast in the quarter mile but if I had to drive it to work every day i would kill myself. That's what my civic is for. I was hoping these new muscle cars would evolve but they are just taking steps backwards.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
bah321 said:
They really are. The price point of Chargers and Camaros is just ridiculous too. Why would you pay 30 plus when you can get maybe a slightly used vette, a superior car in every aspect, for around that.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but it is what it is....it's a beast in the quarter mile but if I had to drive it to work every day i would kill myself. That's what my civic is for. I was hoping these new muscle cars would evolve but they are just taking steps backwards.

There are folks on this very board who will defend both the new Charger and the new Camaro until they're blue in the face. And they're slowly adding poison to the big three's well. The US auto magazines have been the biggest enablers though. Announcing proudly, every year for the last thirty that the new Caddy/Ford/Corvette is finally a world-class vehicle. Too bad they've only been right once or twice in the last couple of years.

Then they get annoyed when "te radio buttons are too small" on a Japanese car and thus ding it.

zhenming

The camaro is so nice!!! I'd pick that out of the 3.

In other news..... According to some 'exclusive' insider reports here is the general upcoming BMW roadmap. Things are looking good!

These dates aren't the timeline for leaks but rather the official presentation of these cars and/or arrival to dealerships.

09/08 E90 Facelift
11/08 New 7 Series
01/09 New Z4
09/09 BMW PAS (Progressive Activity Sedan Crossover) * PAS concept revealed on 02/09 --> http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230868 *
2009/2010 BMW X1 arrives to dealers
2010 New 5 series
2010/2011 BMW CS based vehicle * cancelled *
2011 1-series Sedan
2011 Z2 lightweight roadster
2012 BMW Supersportscar tribute / M1 revival ---- this car has been postponed by the board due to the current economic climate
2012 1-Series Coupe/Convert
2012 New 3 series Sedan, 6 months later the wagen
2012 Possible X4
2013 New 3 series Coupe and Convert
2013 New 6 Series
2014 New long wheelbase X5 or possibly called the X7

Many of these dates are pure speculation, but many seem to have a lot of detailed information attached to them making them seem more accurate then simple rumor. It will be exciting to see things unfold, but the looks of things are good!!! So far the dates and releases have been correct....

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
bah321 said:
So I got that race with a Charger.....it was an srt8 completely stock. I have a 02 firehawk with mods. I beat him by nearly 3 lengths. I think he gave up at the end thou. The difference was weight, charger is >~4000 lbs, while I am around 3500.

The car looks awesome up close, but i felt like it would have been a close race back when my car was stock. I am pretty disappointed with pretty much all newer muscle cars coming out(besides vettes). They have a lot of HP but too much weight and too little traction. It's pretty bad when you can get a stock Ls1 f-body that beats or hangs with everything coming out now.

shit the F bodies were perhaps the biggest bang for the buck cars on the planet at the time, not practical but for driving for driving sake *back when gas was 1.30 a gal* wow very nice. The stock trans ams were getting low...low 13s off the dealer lot and they were sub 30K at the time!

Are you sure you dont mean the challenger? chargers are chrysler 300C's sportz edition!!! i have a love hate relationship with them, some angles i love em others im like ..whatever looks boxy, but i didnt know they were that heavy. I did have a chance to drive one, no complaints there, didnt slip around at high speeds or anything but its still no PONY car which is what you have. There is a difference, and as you said you got an F body, while they got outsold by the weak mustangs at the time they were price/dollar monsters. We wont even get into the aftermarket versions of the F bodies like the firehawk or bird of prey models...god save the fool who thinks they are gonna blow by them, better have a supercar.

...vettes are muscle cars man,...

Zyzyxxz

zhenming said:
2010/2011 BMW CS based vehicle * cancelled *
2012 BMW Supersportscar tribute / M1 revival ---- this car has been postponed by the board due to the current economic climate
2012 Possible X4
2014 New long wheelbase X5 or possibly called the X7

This is why BMW sucks. They rather try selling SUVs in a recession rather than sport lux vehicles. THey sure are doing their best to disappoint me.

Lamborghini reportedly has not shelved production of the Estoque but just hasn't confirmed it for production yet.

estoque_hr_03.jpg

She might live yet.

Viperbah

DonasaurusRex said:
Are you sure you dont mean the challenger?

Yeah the Challenger would fit into my argument too...but the car I raced was a new 09 Charger SRT 8. I haven't even seen Challengers on the road yet. I hear they are around the same weight...>4000 lbs...but I am not too sure on that.

Your right about f-bodies being a good bang for your buck, if all you want to do is go fast it's a good car to start with.

Zyzyxxz

MickeyKnox said:
Going to be at the press days for NYAS, I'll post pics here afterward.

how did you get a press pass are you a journalist?

I wish I could have attended the LA auto show during the press day, nothing more annoying then having a bunch of random strangers get in the way of me experiencing the car to the fullest while its parked.

Zyzyxxz said:

I wish I could have attended the LA auto show during the press day, nothing more annoying then having a bunch of random strangers get in the way of me experiencing the car to the fullest while its parked.
Hooked up with a TV producer from Cali for V-day weekend, she got me the pass.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
bah321 said:
Yeah the Challenger would fit into my argument too...but the car I raced was a new 09 Charger SRT 8. I haven't even seen Challengers on the road yet. I hear they are around the same weight...>4000 lbs...but I am not too sure on that.

Your right about f-bodies being a good bang for your buck, if all you want to do is go fast it's a good car to start with.

challengers are known landships...still very fast acel though but the non tuner versions are heavy as shit so thats why i thought you were talking about the challenger. But yeah f bodies were rough...very rough around the edges but for driving for driving sake..wow the base models were 19k base v8's around 23k nasty power for passenger car money.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
akachan ningen said:
It's been a long time since this thread was active and a lot has happened.

Anyway, look at this ugly new car:
http://cache-foo.jalopnik.com/gawker/assets/images/12/2009/04/504x_2010_GMC_Terrain.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'd rather have a Ford Flex. It looks like the first-gen Scion xB's fat American cousin, and Ford is more likely to survive 2009...

Anyways, speaking of Ford, 2010 Mustangs are incoming to dealerships, from what I hear.

twinturbo2 said:
I'd rather have a Ford Flex. It looks like the first-gen Scion xB's fat American cousin, and Ford is more likely to survive 2009...

Anyways, speaking of Ford, 2010 Mustangs are incoming to dealerships, from what I hear.

Do you think they did that slight redesign because the new Camaro is coming out? I don't think most people would even notice the differences. I'm expecting sales of the mustang to slow way down then the camaro is out. They should have done something more drastic or nothing at all. something like this:

giugiaro-mustang-20061207050928764.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
akachan ningen said:
Do you think they did that slight redesign because the new Camaro is coming out? I don't think most people would even notice the differences. I'm expecting sales of the mustang to slow way down then the camaro is out. They should have done something more drastic or nothing at all. something like this:

http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/749/749871/giugiaro-mustang-20061207050928764.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I like the look of the 2010, and the tweaked suspension has me creaming my pants.

It looks good in the new Red Candy paint, or Grabber Blue, or black with white or silver stripes... man, I can't choose!

Zyzyxxz

akachan ningen said:

giugiaro-mustang-20061207050928764.jpg

would have been too dramatic of a change and betray the "classic" image they are still going for, in my opinion

Zyzyxxz said:

As promised but a day late:

Re-sized from 3888x2592.

Gorgeous interior

170.jpg

Since GAF loved this announcement:

173.jpg

Dodge ape'ing Lotus:

287.jpg

New Bentley:

242.jpg

241.jpg

New 911 gt3:

260.jpg

265.jpg

Camaro:

184.jpg

194.jpg

(I'm a big camaro fan but this car could have been so much more, especially if it wasn't so FUCKING MASSIVE)

The Boss Daddy:

180.jpg

175.jpg

196.jpg

Fisker, new company electric/internal combustion sports luxury, cabriole:

200.jpg

201.jpg

solar roof coupe:

252.jpg

199.jpg

*bonus tits*

245.jpg

243.jpg

Lambos:

291.jpg

Unbelievably hot black exterior:

293.jpg

290.jpg

292.jpg

296.jpg

Benz bringin it:

217.jpg

212.jpg

213.jpg

152.jpg

218.jpg

And my favorite car of the fucking show, the fiercest, most aggressive looking machine there:

158.jpg

160.jpg

221.jpg

229.jpg

232.jpg

Sitting inside, taking this pic, I felt 2 extra testicles descending:

227.jpg

And a sweet industrial crotch rocket to close us out:

305.jpg

Zyzyxxz

Wow, really great pics there man!

I appreciate it, so there was no Mercedes SLS? Gullwing doors + practically a SLR for $200.000 is a relative steal compared to the pricey SLR.

Damn that black lambo is giving me a hard on though. I love the paint finish.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Mickey, did you swing by the Ford stand to take a look at the Mustang?

Oh, and the Pontiac Aztek is no longer the Ugliest Car Ever.

D1_Scion_iQ_Concept_Live_2_01.jpg

Pikachu, your car has arrived.

Cheeto

twinturbo2 said:

[IMG.]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/04/D1_Scion_iQ_Concept_Live_2_01.jpg[/IMG]

Pikachu, your car has arrived.
WOW :lol

twinturbo2 said:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/04/D1_Scion_iQ_Concept_Live_2_01.jpg[IMG]

Pikachu, your car has arrived.[/QUOTE]

That's just the concept. There's no way the actual car will look so crazy.

akachan ningen said:
It's been a long time since this thread was active and a lot has happened.

Anyway, look at this ugly new car:
504x_2010_GMC_Terrain.jpg

When I first saw this elsewhere when checking auto updates I was wondering why they would mimic the styling of the unloved Jeep Compass. Maybe more Patriot.

Zyzyxxz said:
Anyway Miatas can be had for so little money these days! Makes me wanna buy one just to fuck around with for autocrossing...

More people may come to realize this as the Miata was among the featured 12 Hot buys for sporting used cars in this month's Automobile magazine, along with older BMW 3series, final-gen Prelude, others.

The sexiest 4 door car ever made.

I remember seeing this on Top Gear, and had a boner for days.
075430900_1222962761.jpg

30838a-lamborghini_estoque.jpg

008283800_1222962768.jpg

067592300_1222962757.jpg

20estoque_paris_08_.jpg

_24i0003.jpg

22estoque_paris_08_.jpg

Every angle looks like sex, and the chick is hot too.

Zyzyxxz

twinturbo2 said:
Why do you want a Lamborghini sedan? That's just wrong.

Not as wrong as a Porsche Cayenne.

I just love the looks, I mean comon, we know Lambo's are heavy as hell, so whats an extra 2 doors, just means two more people who can enjoy the benefits of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom