• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malleymal when do u want to ball?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix said:
Malleymal when do u want to ball?

just got home..... whenever u ready... I might be going out for the night , so we should do it quick

i have seen u hop on and off... I will wait around for you if u are ready

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malleymal said:
just got home..... whenever u ready... I might be going out for the night , so we should do it quick

i have seen u hop on and off... I will wait around for you if u are ready

Having some problems with my cable modem,can we play someday today later? Im free all day sunday.

DMczaf

7 pts allowed in 2 full season games...

Matrix...YOU'RE NEXT!

goldberg.jpg

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix said:
Having some problems with my cable modem,can we play someday today later? Im free all day sunday.

cool.... lets not play until u got your cable situated... I cant wait.. but let me know

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
sorry about the multiple disconnects, the one game that actually got somewhere felt like you were going to roll on me.. on the last one, when it went to the team select this god awful noise came through my speakers and then it said to connect my controller, which looked pretty connected.

GG Cerebral... if your D had any speed at all it would have been a different story, any run to the outside was good for at least 4 or 5 it seemed.

Matrix

It seems to be working fine now...do you want to play now or still wait till later today?

Doh I got you DM after malley?..great I'll be 0-3 :(

Fifty

I'm about to play Konex......FMT just told me that Toronto EBs have Madden in stock....Needless to say, I'm in a state of shock. I could be holding the game in my hands now! ESPN, you had better pull through for me tonight, I'm counting on you baby!

Matrix

I'm going online Malley,if you read this I'll be waiting in the leauge room till 1:45 am eastern time if you want to play.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix said:
I'm going online Malley,if you read this I'll be waiting in the leauge room till 1:45 am eastern time if you want to play.

cool.... give me 10 mins... I will be on in a sec, just catching a little sportscenter with Brock playing football

Fifty

I just played with Konex...One of the closest games I have ever played. I needed a score with 2 minutes left. For some reason he went for it on 4th and inches in his half of the field up by 7. That was ok, I was fine with that. Then the ball was snapped and Kelly Gregg, #97 was called for Encroachment. WHAT BAD LUCK FOR ME! I was so shocked I decided to do an instant replay. Gregg didn't move. I lost any chance of winning the game because of a phantom call. I have never been so angry in a cleanly played and recorded football game. Hearst's following 60+ yard gain (The guy won't even start for that team...) was mainly because I let him go. That's no excuse, but I just couldn't care after that AWFUL, AWFUL call. I haven't called it a glitch because I've never seen it before, or heard of it happening....But when the game is on the line and your player doesn't even move until after the snap, and you get called for encroachment...what the fuck ever. This isn't a real game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GOOD game Matrix..... this was a combination of it just not being my game and you just outcoaching me..... respect for not running up the score at the end and that second chance you got at the field goal and the 4th down stop on the first drive basically set the tone..

hgplayer1

wow!

Houston beats St Louis and the Lions beat the Eagles

big upsets in the League and the Tourney this weekend!

Konex, Denver beating the Ravens is not an upset.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I just played with Konex...One of the closest games I have ever played. I needed a score with 2 minutes left. For some reason he went for it on 4th and inches in his half of the field up by 7. That was ok, I was fine with that. Then the ball was snapped and Kelly Gregg, #97 was called for Encroachment. WHAT BAD LUCK FOR ME! I was so shocked I decided to do an instant replay. Gregg didn't move. I lost any chance of winning the game because of a phantom call. I have never been so angry in a cleanly played and recorded football game. Hearst's following 60+ yard gain (The guy won't even start for that team...) was mainly because I let him go. That's no excuse, but I just couldn't care after that AWFUL, AWFUL call. I haven't called it a glitch because I've never seen it before, or heard of it happening....But when the game is on the line and your player doesn't even move until after the snap, and you get called for encroachment...what the fuck ever. This isn't a real game.

That REALLY blows. A bad call was bound to happen when it mattered. :/

MrBob, when can you play? I will likely be home all day tomorrow.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
hgplayer1 said:
wow!

Houston beats St Louis and the Lions beat the Eagles

big upsets in the League and the Tourney this weekend!

Konex, Denver beating the Ravens is not an upset.

Well in the Tourney EQ is on which makes the teams even. Damn you DM!!

Matrix

Malleymal said:
GOOD game Matrix..... this was a combination of it just not being my game and you just outcoaching me..... respect for not running up the score at the end and that second chance you got at the field goal and the 4th down stop on the first drive basically set the tone..

GG man,yea I consider the stop on the goaline the turning point in the game.I kept playing nickel on D cause I was afraid you were going to beat me bad with Holt and Bruce,so that caused Faulk to abuse the shit out of me.

Fifty

I swear, this game is going to put me into therapy. If only there was shrink that covered videogame-football-related problems.

Matrix

UPSET NUMBER #2 IS COMING! SMELL MY VICTORY FINGER DM! WEEK 3 I WILL BRING MY A GAME!
BryanPittman_postgame_dolphins.jpg

PS- If I lose these words wont haunt me...why cause I'm a strong person and I will bounce back :(

Matrix

LMAO ...me too :(

Mrbob

I'll be home about 5:30PM EST time today. You want to play then? Mondays and Tuesdays are not good days for me to play. Unless you want to play after 10PM EST.

Ramirez

Mofo,I sent ya a PM,but I'll post it here too...just tell me when your ready,I'm hangin round here all day pretty much so just let me know :p

hgplayer1

College Dropout said:
Yo HG, how does 4:30 EST sound?

hey that sounds good but there will be a couple things I might have to be doing right around that time but neither should take me more than 5 minutes at the most. Ill be logged in.

Maverick

Hey my bad HG...My friends were hogging the xbox and i couldn't get on until 5. I am waiting for you to come back now.

I'll stay on for a little while.

I really need to link the MSN thing up to my cell phone.

TheDuce22

Banned
Im beginning to wonder if All-pro makes for a more realistic game. On legend it seems like everything is based to much on the players ratings.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
someone give gunstar the win... I dont know whats going on... I have played him with and without a router and no matter what happens my xbox crashes... I havent had problems connecting to anyone else... the last game caused me to get a DD error and now my Xbox is fucking up, and I cant get on Live at all. Thanks Sega.

Anyway, he was up by a TD in the first game that got killed and he was up 14-3 this one.. and to be honest, I would rather lose the stats and the game then have my Xbox get fucked up again (assuming I get it fixed).

It really sucks too, it was a pretty decent game, and Green was on pace for another good game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lost to MrBob. :(

Usually I can stop the run pretty well, but he was all over me in that and my defense couldn't make a stop in general. :( Next up, FMT.

LOL @ the Phantom Touchdown. I made a pass to Hilliard and he caught and then fumbled on the one inch line, they called it a touchdown. I never even touched the goal line with my feet or with the ball, nor did I ever break the plane. Had Bob challenged for ball spot and not in or out of bounds he could have had it overturned.

Man... that INT on the pass to Shockey... went to the well one too many times haha.

Maverick

I feel sad. :(

Pats fall to 0-2 because Tom Brady is an idiot. :( I threw 2 picks for 2 TDs....Damnit.

Good game, HG....I really thought I had your O shut down too.

I'm telling you cats, if I could just stop f'ing around when I get into the redzone i'd be set.

Gunstar77

StoOgE said:
someone give gunstar the win... I dont know whats going on... I have played him with and without a router and no matter what happens my xbox crashes... I havent had problems connecting to anyone else... the last game caused me to get a DD error and now my Xbox is fucking up, and I cant get on Live at all. Thanks Sega.

Anyway, he was up by a TD in the first game that got killed and he was up 14-3 this one.. and to be honest, I would rather lose the stats and the game then have my Xbox get fucked up again (assuming I get it fixed).

It really sucks too, it was a pretty decent game, and Green was on pace for another good game.

It did give me the win.

Matrix

Maverick said:

Pats fall to 0-2 because Tom Brady is an idiot. :( I threw 2 picks for 2 TDs....Damnit.

I'm telling you cats, if I could just stop f'ing around when I get into the redzone i'd be set.

Strange world we live in...where the Texans are 1-1 :p and the defending champs start off 0-2.

Gunstar77

The big Matchup for week 3:

Eagles vs Dallas

HG, TO says he will be on top of the stars once again.

a_owens_i.jpg

Matrix

How come I recall last year we were able to play week 3 games while people were still playing week 2 games :\

hgplayer1

Maverick said:

man what a crazy game.

I felt like i had no control over the game in the 1st half. i got lucky with a fumble recovery on your first drive but i couldnt move the ball on offense. Vinny got sacked twice and so many of my passes were being deflected. the run game was pretty much non existant.

I felt like I was playing pretty good D but it was taking too long to figure out your playcalling so when you started driving late in the half I was getting worried. then at 1:18 i got the INT for a TD and man things just changed after that. Vinny got a little warm on those last few plays to end the half. avoiding sacks and gettin a couple completions and I think that helped in the second half.

that one play was big in the 2nd half where i threw a pass and my WR caught it then dropped it and they called it a fumble. I was wondering if I should challenge it cause it didnt look like a fumble to me and if I could get a good punt I could pin you deep. the call went my way and i got you down at the 10 instead of the 29. that made the INT you threw on the next play that much easier to run in for a TD.

I knew all I needed was one more good offensive possesion and hopefully a TD to have a good shot at the win. I got a little worried when you scored your last TD AND made the 2pt conversion but I knew that conversion was a bad call by me. i blitzed everybody. I felt better when I realized you had no TOs left.

damn I lost another starter on offense. my RB is out 10 weeks! shit!

Mofo

Good game Ram, I'm still starring at the Reporting Game Results Screen. Weird. Anyway, I hope my loss gets reported. :(

Mofo

OK. What the F. Why wasnt our game posted? Sure, it was a humilating defeat, but according to the league board it never happen?!

Top Bottom