• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Fifty

I played online with Madden. The guy used the Feebles and he would manually move Kearse far left of the LT every single freaking play. I was aware of this and fought through it. Madden is the superior game! All hail Madden! By the way, those stats make that game look fairly normal.

TheDuce22

Banned
"maybe because i've seen a guy like jevon kearse get 3 sacks in a game, but i have never seen kyle boller rush for 100+ yards in a game? dudes, you can prevent D-line qb pressuring by keeping your RB's in to block, or rolling out (moving the pocket)"

Maybe he would if a DT was beating his man cleanly and flushing him out of the pocket every single play. You never know. :)

and with the d-line thing, what do you want to have happen? You want to have 5 seconds to throw every down? If you just let the computer rush, that is what you're going to get. Not that I want to lose, but when I play a guy like strahan i want to HAVE to gameplan around him because he's a dominant force. If we're going to force everyone to not use the D-line, we're going to have some HIGH, unrealistic scores in the league.

Maybe he would if a DT was beating his man cleanly and flushing him out of the pocket every single play. You never know.

lol, he may get out of the pocket, but in real life there is no way he would have 15+ yards of free running space with no one in sight to stop him (which is what he has in ESPN)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I say Bog and CP should play again for fun and I want to see what happens if Bog plays the way CP wants him to play :p

hgplayer1

So I logged into ESPN today for the first time in a week, and the league's cancelled! wtf

we cancelled it because we thought you quit

i keed

and with the d-line thing, what do you want to have happen? You want to have 5 seconds to throw every down? If you just let the computer rush, that is what you're going to get. Not that I want to lose, but when I play a guy like strahan i want to HAVE to gameplan around him because he's a dominant force. If we're going to force everyone to not use the D-line, we're going to have some HIGH, unrealistic scores in the league

my D line is pretty stout on its own and if I can cover for like 3 seconds they can usually get pressure.

Maverick

Just for the record...

You shouldn't really criticize Bog for Week 1. Our game was ridiculous. It ended with like 5 minutes left in the 4th.

And there were just so many turnovers and lag and shit that it didn't even feel like a real game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, Faulk has more yards than Williams. I don't hear anyone complaining about Faulk.

You wont notice anyone saying anything about faulk because he is not an everydown back.... more of an all purpose back.. I mix in passing with the rush religiously... thats the only way to get any type of offense going... Faulk has had a couple BIG plays that got him where he is at yardage wisebut in no way would I cheese it... people that I have played can atest to that...... with that said, I still like this league when stats and games are recorded.... I thought aug 7th was supposed to be a download day or something....

Bog

Junior Ace
Not an every down back? He's averaging like 31 rushes a game. Ricky had 19 last game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Bog said:
Not an every down back? He's averaging like 31 rushes a game. Ricky had 19 last game.

bulger was 11 for 28 and was sacked twice.... so thats about 30 passing plays.... trust me, I play a quick game, so i have no problem fitting about 60 plays in my games.... i dont waste time on the play calling screen.... not saying its a good thing... but you will never be able to say that I run it down your throat...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hurray I am back online.. :)

In other news: CP you cant stop the run for crap, sorry dude. I was able to run all over you, and granted Green is a good player, but I was able to rattle off 6-7 on any given carry. Ask people who have smoked me in this game, if you can shut down my run game, I am in a world of hurt. The D you have chosen sucks wind in real life, so it should be no surprise.. as for people getting to your QB.. audible the HB, FB or both to stand back and block. That will buy you a couple extra seconds.

Dear Sega: Fuck you. Somehow this game managed to fuck up my Xbox Live settings. I dont know how it happened, but it did. Gunstar can attest to the last game we played getting wierd as hell. I though Franks had a first down so I called a ref review (he was short), it showed the replay of it, it showed the animation of the ref talking (no sound) and then the game sat there panning around motionless players for a solid minute until the sound of the ref talking finnaly caught up with us.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
And then lose...how sweet it will be to see the Bills 0-2 :)

Rodriguez

It's a shame that I don't get to play against that skinny, scrawny, douche bag matrixejfdslnfoefnsdnfgw. I would have had at least 1 win this season for sure.

Matrix

HAHA my skinny douche ass will beat you with no problems.

lol! gg douche

man that game sucked for me. i knew on the first drive when j.j. lossman (or whatever the bills rookie qb's name is) threw off his back foot on 2nd and 20 and completed it in triple cover that i was in trouble. here are some fun facts about the game:

*rat: 4 ints, 2 returned for TD's
*buffalo had 20 points off turnovers (i believe); i lost by 20
*kbar never got a chance to get going because of the defecit
*my WR's couldn't make the clutch catches in traffic
*my defense played "ok", they kept me in the game to be honest. but they didn't play outstanding
* i was outscored 20-7 in the 4th quarter, which put me away for good

but to be honest it was a fun game. it's good to get your first loss out of the way early! suck it down rest of the league!

Matrix

You're dead to me FMT :(

ShadowRed

Banned
I think I might have jumped the gun about hoping over to Madden. In my anger over ESPN I forgot how crappy Madden feels. No momentum, the plays don't feel right. I playedmy first game of 2k5 yesterday and won, but still wasn't keen on the play mechanics. I think I might have wasted 34 bucks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ShadowRed said:
I think I might have jumped the gun about hoping over to Madden. In my anger over ESPN I forgot how crappy Madden feels. No momentum, the plays don't feel right. I playedmy first game of 2k5 yesterday and won, but still wasn't keen on the play mechanics. I think I might have wasted 34 bucks.

I actually had Madden in my hands today when that exact same thought dawned on me. I just don't like the feel of Madden, just like some people apparently don't like ESPN. Either way, I'm glad I saved the dough for something I'll really enjoy. If only there were something the equivalent of the brilliance and excitement of Winning Eleven for American football, I'd be in heaven and that would be worth the price of even the Madden Collector's Pack or whatever it is.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
can't we just enjoy both games, ladies?

I'm pretty sure Shadow and I are just talking about how we enjoy the feel of ESPN more than Madden; it's not really a knock and certainly nothing along the lines of all the ESPN-bashing I've seen.

Mofo

F THIS GAME! Ram and I just finished our second game this week and once again the game locked up during the Reporting Game Results screen. WTF. I may have to bow out peeps, this is just getting too damn frustrating. Go ahead and give Ram the win...

Ramirez

Well that about wraps it up,another game,another no results thing,thanks Sega!

I won both games,but I am not replaying a 3rd time just so the same shit can happen,give me a forfeit for all I care.

Bog

Junior Ace
I have the same feelings about Madden. I bought it today for Xdude, and while it's fun, it doesn't feel as good as ESPN (to me). I can't really explain it. But I still hate VC for the online bullshit this year.

Top Bottom