• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Mofo

I can play later, but I wouldnt feel right. I guess we can start a game and let you get ahead by 7. Is there a way to forfiet?

Mofo

Ok, will do - I'm heading out to dinner with the Wife and kids - how late is too late tonight? Also, I'll be avalible tomorrow afternoon.

Bog = cheese.

I think he passed once before midway through the 3rd quarter. And all he has done the whole game is abuse the oline not blocking stunts.

'm not even bothering anymore. CPU can finish the defensive game for me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think its pretty damn messed up that he's not throwing at all during his games....I thought this was a sim league FMT?

I think he passed once before midway through the 3rd quarter. And all he has done the whole game is abuse the oline not blocking stunts.

lol how is this cheese? i'd love it if i knew my opponent was going to do nothing but run, i would eat that shit up.

here's an idea: how about you buy madden tomorrow and not have to worry about the joke ass AI in espn 2005? either that or you can't really complain. if you think it's cheese that's fine, but bottom line is running the ball 40 times a game isn't cheesy. it can be stopped, it has been stopped and it will be stopped

Fifty

It may not be taking advantage of a glitch (Since passing is easier than running), so it doesn't qualify as cheese, but it sure is unrealistic.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea it can be stopped,its still stupid as hell to have to play a game like that....and it messes around with stats.

it is a sim league. i personally (only my opinion) dont think running again and again is cheese because i know i can and will shut it down. but if you guys think it is we'll take a vote and see where everyone stands. the only way to get someone to pass is to stop his running game.

when i played solrak in a tourney game, he must have run 20 times before he got any decent yardage. you know why i lost? because my offense couldn't do jack. he gave me at least 5 possessions to do something before he did anything, and my offense couldn't do it, so i lost in a close game. the point of that story is that if someone is running over and over, and you know it's coming, why can't you stop it?

Matrix

Its more along the lines of being unrealistic like Fifty said.How many passes did he throw his first game,1 or 2? Tell me what NFL team does that.

He even made a thread about not passing,like its a joke...

Will Fiedler pass the ball this week?
BogESPN
--------------
Record: 1-0
Posted: Aug 8, 2004 11:44AM
Will he attempt a pass? Will he complete any attempts he might try?"

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol how is this cheese? i'd love it if i knew my opponent was going to do nothing but run, i would eat that shit up.

here's an idea: how about you buy madden tomorrow and not have to worry about the joke ass AI in espn 2005? either that or you can't really complain. if you think it's cheese that's fine, but bottom line is running the ball 40 times a game isn't cheesy. it can be stopped, it has been stopped and it will be stopped

If this shit is going on in the Madden league just tell me now, and I won't buy it.

Ramirez

And the fact that its Ricky makes it that much more dumb,the fucker is unstoppable most of the time,especially if you run every time :p He's bound to break one sooner or later.

Oh and Mofo I'm still down,just post and Ill get on :p

Matrix

He could rack up 500 yards against the Texans sorry ass D-line in this game if he just ran over and over and thats even if I knew what was coming.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Not throwing at all? Like FMT says, that should be pretty stoppable...

I tend to run a lot more than my opponents, only because Barber is pretty good and I have 0 confidence in my passing game. You can't really fault him for using what works for his offense, though the stunts are indeed cheese.

Fifty

It would be odd to do that...since the DB AI isn't that great, and he has David Boston (for now) and Chris Chambers.. Very strange.

Matrix

Fuck it...I'm done worrying about this game...bring on Madden.

If this shit is going on in the Madden league just tell me now, and I won't buy it.

why would you even begin to consider possibly buying it anyways? isn't ESPN the perfect football game?

this "shit" isn't going to go on in the madden league because madden doesn't have the type of defensive AI problems that espn has. sad but trueeeeee

Matrix said:
Fuck it...I'm done worrying about this game...bring on Madden.

No shit. I at least figured I could find a sim league on GA.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
why would you even begin to consider possibly buying it anyways? isn't ESPN the perfect football game?

this "shit" isn't going to go on in the madden league because madden doesn't have the type of defensive AI problems that espn has. sad but trueeeeee

Sigh. Fuck ESPN. Bring on Madden.

cp wtf lets take a look at some stats from the game:

*priest holmes rushed more than ricky williams
*bobster had close to as many passing yards as you with about 20 less throws
*you went for it 4 times on 4th down, including early in the 3rd

so i guess the problem is that bobster was more efficient in all areas of the game, and thats why you're mad? look dude, you have the best offense in the game and probably a top 3 rated RB. if bob is ripping off 7 yards a carry on you, why would he pass? shut that shit down, force him to pass

Matrix

Heh now that I look at the stats I dont know what to think...wtf

I still dont like the stats from the first Miami game and I wish Ricky would break his leg before I play him :p

FrenchMovieTheme said:
cp wtf lets take a look at some stats from the game:

*priest holmes rushed more than ricky williams
*bobster had close to as many passing yards as you with about 20 less throws
*you went for it 4 times on 4th down, including early in the 3rd

so i guess the problem is that bobster was more efficient in all areas of the game, and thats why you're mad? look dude, you have the best offense in the game and probably a top 3 rated RB. if bob is ripping off 7 yards a carry on you, why would he pass? shut that shit down, force him to pass

It wasn't even the running game that got me mad. It was the abusing of the stunts against the oline. I got sacked 7 times, which forced me to go on the 4th downs. That isn't even counting the times the ball barely got out of my hands, before I was hit, and then bounced to the line of scrimmage. Or the times I had to fucking ditch the ball fast as hell. Anyway, the stats don't tell the whole story. If you want to side with these cheesers go ahead. At least the rest of GA knows I play a legit game, even if it means I lose because of it.

guys, Faulk has more yards than Williams. I don't hear anyone complaining about Faulk.

Look, bottom line is this: This isn't 2k4. The running game isn't ridiculously unstoppable this year. Do you think teams in real life can stop Priest Holmes or Ricky Williams without stacking 8 in the box and calling the right play? So why would you expect 7 in the box or something like that to work? I promise you, when I play Bog or whoever, I am going to shut the running game down. If I can do it so can you. the stats dont lie ladies

*Edit-

CP i know you play legit dude i'm not calling that out. There are a lot of people who play as the D-line and use those stunts, or use the speed rush and it will always cause pressure. What do you want me to say or do? Say no rushing in? I'm not sure how to combat this. I take sacks too that way (in league play and otherwise). I brought up the rushing because the first thing you said was "He only passed once midway through the 3rd" so i'm thinking that is your major beef. Did you try keeping your RB's in to block?

Matrix

Faulk faced the Texans D-line...helped a great deal with the yards :p

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, Faulk has more yards than Williams. I don't hear anyone complaining about Faulk.

Look, bottom line is this: This isn't 2k4. The running game isn't ridiculously unstoppable this year. Do you think teams in real life can stop Priest Holmes or Ricky Williams without stacking 8 in the box and calling the right play? So why would you expect 7 in the box or something like that to work? I promise you, when I play Bog or whoever, I am going to shut the running game down. If I can do it so can you. the stats dont lie ladies

The running game wasn't even my main complaint. But hey, keep defending him.

Bog

Junior Ace
Cerebral Palsy said:

Shall I retype it? OK, then.

You ran more with Priest than I did with Ricky. It's my fault I did better with the fewer runs I had?

Fiedler went 6/13 passing for 124 yards.

Notice how as soon as you mentioned in the game that I ran it too much (by clicking around the stats), I threw the ball the rest of the drive. How did that drive end? Oh yeah, a TD. Why can't people just fucking play and not whine about every little thing?

As for abusing a glitch, why wouldn't I have 20 sacks, then?

Matrix

LOL,choke like the Cubs baby!

edit- eek @ CP ....oh snap!

Bog

Junior Ace
Cerebral Palsy said:
I'm not even going to bother with the rest if you're denying this shit. Fuck you.

This league is a joke.

The Raiders have the #2 and #3 sack leaders. Better watch out for them! I hear they're glitching!

Matrix

CP,do you still love this game? :p BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVAR

TheDuce22

Banned
If people are going to controll the defensive line and rush every play the QB should be allowed to run. It makes sense to me, I dont know why people have a problem with it.

Matrix

I thought it shipped to stores today and would be in stock Tuesday.I didnt plan on going till Tuesday to buy a copy,along with Kill Bill 2 :p

This game is a joke.

fixed ;)

you know, it's ironic that i am warming up a little more to espn and CP is hating it more and more. the gameplay is broken in places in ESPN, but i'm still having a lot of fun with it most of the time. however, i have no doubt that madden will obliterate this game.

CP, i am saying this with sincerity and honesty, madden is the game for you this year. The things you have problems with won't be in madden. So, go out tomorrow and enjoy. You don't even have to tell us that you think madden is better when you get it

hgplayer1

I dont see anything in the play by play of that game that would indicate he ran excessively. as for the using D lineman. it can be kinda cheesy because that one guy can do a whole lot of damage on his own if hes a pro bowl calibar athelete but most of the time I can find ways to slow it down.

It makes sense to me, I dont know why people have a problem with it.

maybe because i've seen a guy like jevon kearse get 3 sacks in a game, but i have never seen kyle boller rush for 100+ yards in a game? dudes, you can prevent D-line qb pressuring by keeping your RB's in to block, or rolling out (moving the pocket)

Top Bottom