• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Unlocks on Steam in about 7 hours, just as I'll be getting back from work. Absolutely cannot wait. Binding of Isaac was one of my favourite games and I've been deliberately holding off going back to it ever since this was announced, going to be incredible!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can't wait to download it while stupid people complain that PS+ sucks in the November line-up thread!

Is this cross-buy? I mean its on PS4's PS+ Nov list and i wish to play it on my vita.

It's definitely cross-buy (and save). The only Plus game not available for Vita this month is Frozen Synapse. Edit: I'm wrong about this - it's not cross-buy, but you will get both versions for free if you have Plus.

Yessss OT is up.

Remember, Riduculon posted the full soundtrack

http://ridiculon.bandcamp.com/

$3 on his site.

$2 on Steam but I'm not sure if you have to wait til noon for it, like the game

Total sploosh. I don't want to listen to all of it until I play the game, but those first few tracks are great.

Dingotech

Nice OT man!

I've been avoiding reading too much about all the new content so I can experience it all fresh!

I've got the Steam version pre-ordered but I'll also grab the PS+ version as well.

-PXG-

You can't not give this man love...

http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

He (along with Richard Hammer) will be streaming non stop until he gets Real Platinum God. He wants to be the first to get it. If you want to see a really skilled BOI player, plus an all around funny and nice guy, check him out.

Kalor

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced after playing 90 hours of the original.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play it until tomorrow due to the EU store not updating until then. I'm tempted to get the Steam version now as I know I'll buy it eventually.

Stoze

Nice OP. Though maybe update with 4 player co-op as it was shown off and announced in the Twin Galaxies stream yesterday? I'm not 100% sure on that if it's in day 1 as I was just popping in every once in a while to avoid spoilers.

Well... the new soundtrack is really bad compared to the original one.

It's not bad any means, the problem is BoI's original soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal and hard to match up to, and it captured the tone of the game perfectly. So far I've only heard one Rebirth song do that, and it's the one that plays on the beginning floor(s). I'll just have to get used to it I suppose, and hope that the later tracks I haven't heard are more awesome.

red731

You can't not give this man love...

http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

He (along with Richard Hammer) will be streaming non stop until he gets Real Platinum God. He wants to be the first to get it. If you want to see a really skilled BOI player, plus an all around funny and nice guy, check him out.

Man I can't wait for those streamers streamin'! I hope that Lethalfrag jumps back on BoI too!

Cobalt hat
Richard cigarettes
Lethal ferrets

fkajsdlk;fs

ed: The fun I had from this game for around 1eur is absurd. Much more hours than full AAA/60eur releases.

Fuck yes, it's finally here. Hundreds of hours in the original (don't know how that happened) and I'm sure I'll do hundreds more in Rebirth. Especially now that I can play it on the Vita. Having it on the go is going to be a blessing and a curse.

I think everyone has that one indie game that completely captures them, and Isaac is it for me. I don't know why, and I'm not particularly great at it, but I've wasted way too much time playing it and watching Bisnap and NorthernLion play.

xHunter

Cant wait for the game to drop. I even bought it for pc, even though i will get it for ps4/vita via plus. Need to support Edmund more with this awesome game :D

Does anyone know for sure if the PS Plus version of this game will be Cross-Play with Vita? I really want to play this game and that is the only way I can

It is not cross buy but they are offering the vita version on plus as well.

Aww hell yeah, thanks! Can't wait to try this out :)

EDIT: Just now got around to reading the OP and of course my question was answered, my bad. This game is looking better and better the more I read about it

ScOULaris

Can't wait to get home from work today so I can download this. Gonna get the PS4 version for free, and I might download the PC version as well so I can play it when my wife needs to use the TV.

baconcow

Sweet OT. Have had this on Steam for years but have minimal playtime due to not having official controller support. Once I heard it was coming for the Vita, I decided to wait for that system.

It's definitely cross-buy (and save). The only Plus game not available for Vita this month is Frozen Synapse.

According to post #10, this game is not cross-buy.

Ozium

Fantastic OP, very informative... got the game pre-loaded on Steam and ready to go...

too hyped for words

ZeroAKA

Can't wait. I would have bought this on PS4/Vita if it didn't come to PS+, but I'll probably just buy the Steam version instead.

According to post #10, this game is not cross-buy.

Huh, that's strange. I just assumed it was since last week we'd already heard that we'd be getting both versions as part of Plus.

It's the perfect game for Vita though, so I'm glad that they're giving us both despite it not being cross-buy.

MUnited83

For you.
It's definitely cross-buy (and save). The only Plus game not available for Vita this month is Frozen Synapse.

Both versions will be offered through PS+, but the game is not Cross-buy under normal circumstances. So if you actually buy the game you don't get the other version.

Already pre-ordered the game since it was first available to pre-order on Steam.

Loved the original and pumped close to 150 hours into it.
Will probably pump another 100 or so hours in that one. Maybe even more, looking at how much content this version has.

Ladekabel

Is there any word from Sony when this comes to the EU PS+?

Played the original for a few hours but couldn't get into it because of the controls. Already charged my Vita for this though I would prefer it on the Wii U gamepad.

Miletius

Can't wait. This is my pre-Christmas indulgence -- my girlfriend really wants to play co-op as she loves the gameplay of BoI as well.

Wednesday will really be the first time I can play it, but, looking forward to taking it for a little spin tonight after work and class.

Playing on PC, have it pre-loaded on steam.

Miletius

Does this one have built in controller support or do you still need some extra tool?

From the Rebirth FAQ on Edmund's site:

Q:Will rebirth support my XYZ controller?!
A: yes, rebirth features all the support that any normal non-flash game would feature.

Novocaine

Thanks for the OT NotLiquid. Been hanging for this game for years now. It will unlock 1 hour before I get home from work on Steam. Give me a few warmup sessions before the Vita release tomorrow!

Is there any word from Sony when this comes to the EU PS+?

Played the original for a few hours but couldn't get into it because of the controls. Already charged my Vita for this though I would prefer it on the Wii U gamepad.

I believe (and hope) it'll be available tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to finally playing this especially on my Vita. I can imagine myself spending many hours on this game...

Raptomex

I played about 20 min of the original game. Mainly because I could tell it was in Flash. I know they got it out of Flash for this release so how is it? Any other major improvements?

Top Bottom