• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Excellent OT!

I have a pretty weird relationship with BOI, having only played for less than 2 hours but have watched hundreds and hundreds of hours of someone else playing it. Northernlion, Bisnap and Cobalt Streak are pretty much top of the mountain for me, can't wait to see them dig into Rebirth.

Great OT. Cannot wait for this to unlock, I've been hammering away at BoI over the last few weeks to try and clean up my achievements and though I've done pretty well, the no damage achievements are just not gonna happen.

vato_loco

Fantastic OT, it really makes me want to pick this game. I've been playing the original one for months now and I will most definitely get this one as well when it comes on PS Plus... which has not happened yet... and it's not even properly announced.

Oh well...

Stoze

I played about 20 min of the original game. Mainly because I could tell it was in Flash. I know they got it out of Flash for this release so how is it? Any other major improvements?

Read the OP, there's a ton of stuff added. There's enough content and reworking added in Rebirth to easily consider it a sequel to the original BoI imo, or at least a giant expansion.

edit: I haven't played it, but it runs at a solid 60fps even with all the shit going on screen.

CassSept

I'm so ready for this, though Real Platinum God sounds absolutely insane this time around. At 200 hours Binding of Isaac is my 4th most played game of all time, this one has the potential to be 2nd (well, I played WoW).

Random story. Ever since I completed Platinum God 2 years ago I played a run or two every few weeks months, just for fun. Yesterday in preparation I decided to play a run to see how rusty I've become at the game. I picked Judas since I wanted a quick run, Satan at best if I got lucky and I like how you can smash through early levels with him. I start the game, enter the first item room. Dr. Fetus.

Sure, by the time I got to the Chest I was ridiculously op, but I have to say clearing ??? in the first run in months felt quite good.

So ready for this.

Grief.exe

Q: Does the PC version have Gamepad Support?
A:
Yes. No more Joy2Key!

Thanks, that´s good to hear.

A couple things that potentially could be added to the FAQ.

On the stream last night Tyrone and Nicalis confirmed the game would natively support a record amount of controller options. DS3, DS4, XBO, 360, Logitech F310, they even went on to say if Windows recognized it as a controller then it would likely work.

Should also add that there are cross-OS save functionality. Take your Windows save to Mac/Linux, or vice versa.

Excellent OT!

I have a pretty weird relationship with BOI, having only played for less than 2 hours but have watched hundreds and hundreds of hours of someone else playing it. Northernlion, Bisnap and Cobalt Streak are pretty much top of the mountain for me, can't wait to see them dig into Rebirth.

Cobalt Streak is a monster at this game. Seen him down a whole bottle of ranch dressing too.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
OP is a piece of art! Can't wait to play!!! :DDDDD

I hope my madcatz arcade stick will work with it

SerTapTap

I'm so ready. Might stream. But my cheat sheet will be (slightly) out of date.

Wonder how Chocolate Milk and Brimstone interact now. They used to be two of my fav items that combine to make my least favorite attack.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Awesome OT! I can't remember being this excited for a game in ages. This may very well be the longest day of work ever.

And don't forget, guys - NorthernLion and Bisnap will be streaming the game on Twitch starting at 10AM EST/7AM PST!

Kinsei

Banned
Great OT!

I can't wait for this game. I never played the orginal but everyvideo I saw made it look like I'd love it.

Akai__

OMG the OT is amazing!!! #Kreygasm

You can't not give this man love...

http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

He (along with Richard Hammer) will be streaming non stop until he gets Real Platinum God. He wants to be the first to get it. If you want to see a really skilled BOI player, plus an all around funny and nice guy, check him out.

This will be glorious. Cobalt is very very good at this game and in addition with Richard this will be even more epic.

Nick_C

No lie, this is my most anticipated game of 2014. I've been waiting to play this since it was announced a year ago. Unless something has gone horribly wrong during development, this will probably be the best game for PS+ this month, if not the entire year.

Anyone who adopts a strict 'no indies' policy is doing themselves a huge disservice. If anything just try it out. It's free this month, so you can't really go wrong.

jbug617

Banned
This might be a possible Wii U tease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0IuBabH-sw

Where does it say Xbox One? Amazing if true!!! :O

it doesn't but you can see they are playing the game off one.
gCyF5VZ.png

uTd2rP8.jpg

B33

Banned
My bet is that Sony has a timed console exclusivity agreement with Edmund and Nicalis. Once it passes, we'll likely see the game hit other platforms.

Top Bottom