• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Akai__

This might be a possible Wii U tease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0IuBabH-sw

it doesn't but you can see they are playing the game off one.
gCyF5VZ.png

uTd2rP8.jpg

I will buy this on every platform I own. Needs to happen!

Excellent OT. Looking forward to tomorrow!

You mean today?!

MLCodest

This is the most hyped for a game I've ever been! The original is one of my favorite games of all time and this looks better in every single way. Can't wait.

Steez

Early stream from Bisnap in an hour.

I think Northernlion is going to do an early stream as well. Ideal for people who are not into Bisnap's super in-depth play and just want to see the biggest scumlord on the planet go through the game.

SerTapTap

I'm so glad sony is giving the game on ps+ .
I'll probably buy it on steam too : )

I almost bought it due to the loyalty discount on Steam but I'll get it on PS+ free anyway (and PS4 is a perfect option for me), but I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale some time just to "collect" it next to my Steam copy of BOI

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Also, if you're okay with item spoilers, I suspect Platinum God will be rapidly updating as people discover things. Not too many surprises right now, but once the game unlocks, expect that to start filling up.

Grief.exe

Off-tv Binding of Isaac.

3DS Binding of Isaac.

For the love of Christ, too good to be real.

I'm just glad this game released on PC day one. Edmund and Nicalis were trolling us early on as a Playstation exclusive and I was starting to get a bit salty.

SerTapTap

Also, if you're okay with item spoilers, I suspect Platinum God will be rapidly updating as people discover things. Not too many surprises right now, but once the game unlocks, expect that to start filling up.

Excellent! Good to see they already have a rebirth section. I'll probably do a few runs blind and then start using plat god, I can never remember everything. Though the simpler/NOT BROKEN item interactions should make it much easier to remember this time.

Bought it like a week or two ago, kind of bitter that it releases on a day where I'm in class for 12 hours.

Need my Cain fix <3

Ludovico

Can't wait to start downloading on Vita today.
I've only played a small bit of the original due to performance, but this is going to be perfect for pick up and play.
Do we have an estimate on the file size for vita? I don't see the game page on PSN even through using search.

Q: What if I already own the original The Binding of Isaac?
A: If you owned The Binding of Isaac prior to the release of Rebirth, you would have received a 33% discount on the pre-order price of Rebirth. By the time this thread goes up, the offer will have already expired. As an aside, if you did pre-order the game you get a Team Fortress 2 Hat based off of the Brimstone item, even if you don’t own the original release.

For late deciders/buyers like me; the discount is still active for a few hours.

CassSept

Jesus it's so smoooooth

I don't want to watch the streams and I will try to wait the 2.5 hours left but HNNNNNNNNNNGH

I have to wait until after work to play. I'm going to avoid this thread for fear of spoiler pics like the ones higher up on this page.

If you're watching the stream, please spoiler tag your stuff.

Looks smooth as butter and damn fun. Watched 15 minutes of NorthernLions stream to get hype but now I'm bowing out so I don't get spoiled - half the fun is finding new item combos and secrets. In a few weeks once I start running against a wall I'll consult Platinum God or w/e but until then it's more fun to fly blind.

Stoze

Yeah I popped into Bisnap's stream which was 60fps, gameplay looks so smooth.

Off to work and school, can't wait to put in a couple runs tonight (only a couple....).

Never played this before and when it was announced for PS+ I immediately dismissed it. However the OT got me interested in at least trying it.

Based on the first gif though, it looks really hard :/

Grief.exe

I wonder what kind of deal they are making with these streamers. Why not just release the game to the masses if it is ready?

Maybe they are just throwing a bone to those that brought the game to the masses.

SerTapTap

I wonder what kind of deal they are making with these streamers. Why not just release the game to the masses if it is ready?

Maybe they are just throwing a bone to those that brought the game to the masses.

Marketing. Reviewers generally get early copies of games anyway, even indie games. Almost all games are "done" well in advance (weeks, a month, possibly more) of release date. Gotta give time for reviewers to play it, get marketing promos ready if applicable, time your release window and now, the final stretch, wait for your distribution channels to update (I don't know if Steam has flexible go-live times, but PSN sure doesn't)

derFeef

Yeah maybe, I think it's weird. Not seeing any benefit other than that (for the youtubers or the watchers) for this game really.

SerTapTap

Yeah maybe, I think it's weird. Not seeing any benefit other than that (for the youtubers or the watchers) for this game really.

Dunno about the others, but tons of people watch Northernlion, he's probably a better ad for Rebirth than any reasonable marketing spend could ever be. And he legitimately loves the game, all you gotta do to get that 'marketing" is toss him a free key and allow him to play/stream it early. That's why YT/Streamer relationships are important in indie.

derFeef

Dunno about the others, but tons of people watch Northernlion, he's probably a better ad for Rebirth than any reasonable marketing spend could ever be.

That's true, but it's just a few hours until release...
Everyone can play/stream then. Why not unlock it now.

kingslunk

It's because it's not going to officially be released until its up on PSN. I think they made a deal with Sony. So once the PSN update is pushed then it'll be unlocked.

Grief.exe

Marketing. Reviewers generally get early copies of games anyway, even indie games. Almost all games are "done" well in advance (weeks, a month, possibly more) of release date. Gotta give time for reviewers to play it, get marketing promos ready if applicable, time your release window and now, the final stretch, wait for your distribution channels to update (I don't know if Steam has flexible go-live times, but PSN sure doesn't)

It's because it's not going to officially be released until its up on PSN. I think they made a deal with Sony. So once the PSN update is pushed then it'll be unlocked.

It's probably a little bit of both. Get some pre-release hype going and adhere to their contract with Sony.

Steam does allow developers to push the game at any time through the registry. It's actually a myth that Valve requires games to release update at 10 AM Pacific, that just seems to be the default unlock time shown on the page if developers don't configure it correctly.

Top Bottom