• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how ya'll feel about the fuckery incarnate that is Empire? Its gotta be the most Slayvenous show on network TV right now. That whole scene ending with "Obama's a sell-out", somebody wrote that shit yo....gorillaz, roy halp

black actors pls u dont have to do dis
Subzero will be the show runner by season 4

RBK

Banned
The 5ish episodes I saw of power were completely better then Empire. I dont know how Empire got on tv, must have been a bet from Fox or some shit

Both are probably on the same level.

The love affair Ghost and Angela had to be some of the most annoying TV I ever watched.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The Oatmeal has too much power
That kick starter getting 2 million in one day when they asked for only 10,000
I was thinking the exact same thing. Smart timing too because card games are hot right now thanks to stuff like Cards Against Humanity. Most of the response I think is thanks to the fanbase he's built up by making so many entertaining comics over the years, so he deserves the win.

jmood88

Well it is on that Victorian tip with the King Arthur spin. Not a lot of color in England during those times.
You're wrong but it wouldn't even matter if what you said was true since it's a fictional world featuring monsters that never existed and time traveling protoganists who can't die because of a magical potion. Gotta make sure we stick to our perceived historical accuracy, though!

D i Z

You're wrong but it wouldn't even matter if what you said was true since it's a fictional world featuring monsters that never existed and time traveling protoganists who can't die because of a magical potion. Gotta make sure we stick to our perceived historical accuracy, though!

I'm actually not wrong in so far as what I said, but you make a good point about the fiction presented. There's always something to get knickers in a twist about in fiction I guess.

jmood88

I'm actually not wrong in so far as what I said, but you make a good point about the fiction presented. There's always something to get knickers in a twist about in fiction I guess.
I misread your post and thought that you said there were no people of color in the area during that time, so I apologize for that.

Jado

Banned

That's been something I've ranted about before. People suspend disbelief for all sorts of fantastical, unbelievable shit in a made-up world, but lose their sanity over a non-white person's appearance. Weirdest shit to get mad about. Makes no sense.

D i Z

Watching Lucy. This film is garbage.

It's been an exercise of lowering expectations just to get ready for this flick. Every time someone talks about it, it feels like i haven't gotten them low enough. And I really want another Luc film (The Fifth Element was shit. Sorry, I said it). Dude needs to come back to us.

DominoKid

so how ya'll feel about the fuckery incarnate that is Empire? Its gotta be the most Slayvenous show on network TV right now. That whole scene ending with "Obama's a sell-out", somebody wrote that shit yo....gorillaz, roy halp

black actors pls u dont have to do dis

it's hot fire. rewriting the book on fuckery just when we all thought SOA closed it.

It's been an exercise of lowering expectations just to get ready for this flick. Every time someone talks about it, it feels like i haven't gotten them low enough. And I really want another Luc film (The Fifth Element was shit. Sorry, I said it). Dude needs to come back to us.

it''s so much worse than you can imagine. i wanted to like it but i watched a good 70% of it looking like
yDj6y.png

I dropped out after 45 mins, I'll watch the rest later. It feels really stretched, like they ran out of ideas and tried to extend the runtime.

jmood88

That's been something I've ranted about before. People suspend disbelief for all sorts of fantastical, unbelievable shit in a made-up world, but lose their sanity over a non-white person's appearance. Weirdest shit to get mad about. Makes no sense.
And those people are the first one's to talk about how race doesn't matter and they don't understand why anyone cares about non-white representation in games.

x Misogi

the ex was on the phone talking about killing herself because my sister sent her some ether shots. i dont even know if it was real or what the fuck was going on brehs

Shy

Thanks guys.

I'm a part of a few black nerd groups on Facebook so I know the deal.

I've been lurking here and there and figure this was great spot for me.

And yes, the intro.

I was born in Philly, raised in Wilmington, DE

I currently reside in Richmond, VA

I turn 36 in April (Old enough to remember Alfonso Ribero selling videotapes on how to breakdance to kids throughout America)

I'm black. And according to my mom my great grandmother was half white, half Cherokee and my great great grandfather was half Egyptian.

I listen to whatever music sounds good to me.

I work customer service for a health care organization

I am Baptist (Preacher's kid)

I'm in gaming, animation, collecting transformers and other Japanese designed robots, collecting Sega Saturn goods, pro wrestling

The best chicken I've ate came from the Acme supermarket in Delaware.
hello and welcome new fam.
One rises and one falls

later GAF
take care and be safe.
don't stay away too long.
Why is everybody leaving
i don't know, but it feeds into my paranoia, and makes me think people just don't want to be around me. ( yes i am a headcase )
Speaking of Card games, Hearthstone is extremely addicting. Been playing it a lot on my tablet.
i really like. shame i'm so fucking shit at it though. :p
Watching Lucy. This film is garbage.
yeah but scarlett johannson is gorgeous in it though.

I can't c/s the Fifth Element blasphemy.

How can you hate Smokey and President Deebo?!

D i Z

i
it''s so much worse than you can imagine. i wanted to like it but i watched a good 70% of it looking like
yDj6y.png

I dropped out after 45 mins, I'll watch the rest later. It feels really stretched, like they ran out of ideas and tried to extend the runtime.

If you tell me that it's on the level of resident Evil bs (any of them), I'll drop it and won't feel a thing about it.

I can't c/s the Fifth Element blasphemy.

How can you hate Smokey and President Deebo?!

Don't hate em. Should have been in a flick that wasn't shit tho. Anyone championing that film as approaching quality needs to have their head examined.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
the ex was on the phone talking about killing herself because my sister sent her some ether shots. i dont even know if it was real or what the fuck was going on brehs

every time a girl that i've been even remotely close to involved with comes with that "i might kill myself" attention getting bullshit i send them a text with the information to a suicide hotline and block their calls for a week

i got caught up in that roller coaster for YEARS and i'm never wasting time on it again

my 2 cents

Malyse

every time a girl that i've been even remotely close to involved with comes with that "i might kill myself" attention getting bullshit i send them a text with the information to a suicide hotline and block their calls for a week

i got caught up in that roller coaster for YEARS and i'm never wasting time on it again

my 2 cents
😨

----

http://slate.me/1xZ7a4F
Hope no one was counting on the Justice Department to deal with ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom