• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, BCT..
y4Zxy6lnjZQh65MCtAlVRAN6Bpvl4QuQWcHWjgGXEjjn-VwE6QyAicEAFvHvNNWDKRQEJsGphWHYHdHcWn-TGBOxrYpeAg=w320-h240-nc

It's 2015 and there's still no way to opt out of receiving group text replies. This is bullshit.

I know with my setup at least (android OS and the "hello sms" app), deleting the group conversation will prevent you from receiving replies from that conversation in the future. What are you using?

Slayven

It looks like someone did a mass-out of a game level with no textures, there's not even a skybox

The neighbors across the street had their power line come down from all the ice and snow sagging everything and their tree caught on fire[

I would legit lose me shit if that happens.

FyreWulff

Yeah, I'd just be like... "I'M DONE. FUCK THIS SHIT. WE'RE MOVING TO FLORIDA"

We're all getting in one minivan right now to go to the store and get Super Bowl supplies. some IRL Oregon Trail going on here. Speccing on farmer and buying a bunch of food.

Slayven

Yeah, I'd just be like... "I'M DONE. FUCK THIS SHIT. WE'RE MOVING TO FLORIDA"

We're all getting in one minivan right now to go to the store and get Super Bowl supplies. some IRL Oregon Trail going on here. Speccing on farmer and buying a bunch of food.

You going to lose someone one to Cholera.

J10

Banned
I feel like they should update Oregon Trail to a first person shooter. I'd buy the IP and do that if I were wealthy.

J10

Banned
I don't think there were any brown cowboys back then.

You could also do an alternate history sci-fi thing and have settlers attacked by aliens or something.

you a pirate now?

You could also do an alternate history sci-fi thing and have settlers attacked by aliens or something.

Will Smith bruh

just say it's an alternate universe where aliens colonized / dropped off some prisoners (aka Space Australia) on some made-up country in the pacific, and then europeans / westerners tried colonizing the american frontier the same time they did

J10

Banned
Space faring aliens would be a narrative problem in that setting - there's no way the settlers could win. Instead do something like have a meteor carrying a symbiotic parasite crash land on the trail and it starts infecting people and turning them into monsters. That's more fun than cholera at least.

Malyse

All cowboys were brown. It actually was a demeaning term for black riders; white riders called themselves cattlemen.

RP912

Banned
I hope next gen takes the fight back to aliens and stop killing innocent zombies. Zombie killing been played out for so long.

Space faring aliens would be a narrative problem in that setting - there's no way the settlers could win. Instead do something like have a meteor carrying a symbiotic parasite crash land on the trail and it starts infecting people and turning them into monsters. That's more fun than cholera at least.

I meant more that aliens pulled an Australia with Theyrenomenistan thousands of years before settlers arrived, and then left. Didn't leave them any substantial technology other than the clothes on their back. Then, thanks to some contrivance, the now "native aliens" and European colonists that had formed settlements on the east coast began attempting to colonize the Old West at the same time. Roughly equivalent levels of technology, the aliens have some type of hierarchy that resembles our notion of race relations, they can't be reasoned with surface-level, etc. So it basically becomes Man Cowboys vs Alien Cowboys.

All cowboys were brown. It actually was a demeaning term for black riders; white riders called themselves cattlemen.

Are you sure on this? Cowboy comes from Vaquero and is a straight forward term for the actual cattle hands. I don't think it even has a negative connotation until "The Cowboys" criminal gang appeared in the Southwest. At that point being called a Cowboy insinuated you were a thief or worse. Race didn't have much to do with it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Im going fuckery free today. I love the patriots, but i cant watch them shoot themselves in the foot again like the last time they were in. My blood cant take it.

Do me proud jandro.

Malyse

Are you sure on this? Cowboy comes from Vaquero and is a straight forward term for the actual cattle hands. I don't think it even has a negative connotation until "The Cowboys" criminal gang appeared in the Southwest. At that point being called a Cowboy insinuated you were a thief or worse. Race didn't have much to do with it.
I'm passing along what I read. But the point of there being black Cowboys is 100%.

Slayven

What was that Wii game where at the end George Washington and Abraham Lincoln show up in power armor to help you stop an alien time invasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom