• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yo I'm curious, because I know a lot of people get into law enforcement after the military. Is that something you'd do too?

LE is something I've been considering for awhile now.
Its the most natural transition for a lot of military people. The never being completely "off-duty" mindset kinda resonates. I absolutely considered it - still am. Just need to know for sure that it'd be right fit, situation. One thing that a lot of people neglect when looking at LE is the research into the department, area, and the political climate. All of it greatly affects your day to day. There are so many nuances from each that can drastically change things. Even within the same department you can see vast differences from section to section.

Also, I'm not about that patrol life. My mind would implode. In my area, if I joined now that's likely where I'd fall into - not for me.

Another thing is you will see fukkery. All kinds from all sides. But its not a BAD job at all. Just one of those jobs that people will never truly be able to understand or empathize with. But if you get the right situation you can really get some satisfaction out of it.

Its the most natural transition for a lot of military people. The never being completely "off-duty" mindset kinda resonates. I absolutely considered it - still am. Just need to know for sure that it'd be right fit, situation. One thing that a lot of people neglect when looking at LE is the research into the department, area, and the political climate. All of it greatly affects your day to day. There are so many nuances from each that can drastically change things. Even within the same department you can see vast differences from section to section.

Is it easier to transfer to Homeland Security if you've done military work? compared to doing Patrol work stuff, you'd still be on lookout type stuff.

Gorillaz

this UFC fight is looking straight
H37xX.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Is it easier to transfer to Homeland Security if you've done military work? compared to doing Patrol work stuff, you'd still be on lookout type stuff.
Ehhh... Depends.

Military experience definitely helps (as well as veteran status in general, fed and whatnot) but you'd better have a degree to go along with it otherwise you'd be better off staying in the service or contracting. Networking is essential for all of that stuff though. Some people try and make it sound simple to just hop right in and it leads to a lot of folks getting surprised.

Looks like D'Angelo put in work on SNL

Can't watch it over here :(

If anything, post the link to our fan club in the millennial racist thread. Someone just sprung up to cape for reddit lol

RBK

Banned
Watching an Everybody Hates Chris marathon and he just called some dude Talcum X lmao

One of the few shows I hope makes it to Netflix one day.

And just by checking Hulu Plus, all 4 seasons are available! Going to run through all of them now.

Well Season 1 missing half the episodes, but good enough.

akira28

thats the way you deal with spooks. you don't call them by name until you're ready to deal with them, because they will come.

edit:
bish is just checking in. this is a busy month for all of us. The phantom zone projector probably even gets new 6volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom