• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Just made fried chicken wings tonight.

Makes me wonder why I even eat out. Ain't nobody got shit on my recipe...

Just one bite got me like

iBpwzFIcPkjbz.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
jesus, maybe it might be best for you and the 3rd roommate to find a place of your own. Other than the drama how is life in Hawaii? I always wanted to visit.

never did one of these.

Where you're from - South Carolina
Where you live - Boston, MA
What is your age? - something something
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Barbados?.
Do you know your roots - Eh.
Favorite musical genre - depends on mood
Your profession/major/career interest - soul sucking job.
Your religious affiliation - nothing really
Hobbies - gaming i suppose
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - none of them.
Hawaii is amazing. I remember getting off the plane on my first visit two years ago. Felt like I stepped into Jurassic Park. Otherworldly beauty - at least for a guy coming from the east coast. But yeah, we're moving in June or so.

And Wingstop should be added to the survey. Lemon Pepper chicken made me appreciate life some days.

Crud

Banned

iBpwzFIcPkjbz.gif

You probably burnt them up. I would often trick myself into thinking my home cooking was good when I was broke too.

j/k

royalan

weren't too spicy?

lol

You shut the fuck up, trick.

I only ever use a few dashes of Louisiana hot sauce in the mix :(

I tend to go for mellower, earthy flavors when I fry food. I mean, what kinda #BadBitch you know uses freshly chopped rosemary on their fried chicken?

I'll fix you a plate sometime.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

iBpwzFIcPkjbz.gif

I have no shame in saying my moms made me some earlier. A nigga got teary eyed while eating the chicken straight up for real.

Slayven

I tend to go for mellower, earthy flavors when I fry food. I mean, what kinda #BadBitch you know uses freshly chopped rosemary on their fried chicken?

No Texas Pete?

I'm just giving you a hard time. I'll usually go for spices and some lime over loads of hot sauce anyway because I'm a baby and the only hot sauce I ever drown stuff in is mild green tabasco. It's a Puerto Rican thing, apparently.

louisiana the perfect's pretty good in moderation tho

I love spicy food.

A mix of cayenne and chopped habeneros or jalapeños is a great compliment to the regiment of spices she usually adds.

Since moving into our house, I've asked for and received around 9 batches of this ambrosia along with Mac and cheese.

Having two computers open at once is fucking with my head.

Really quick, working on the BHM OT. Is this image showing up for y'all?

To add another thing, other races have a history month, it's just that ours is the only one anybody gets riled up/cares about.

EDIT: ya'll should use chrome stable, the image is fine.

akira28

To add another thing, other races have a history month, it's just that ours is the only one anybody gets riled/cares up about.

they either don't care about it, or vocally really let us all know how much they don't care about it, or they complain about it. I guess they're threatened about it. I look at it as an opportunity to be exposed to new stuff, but not our tri-centennary hosts of this age. They get shook, start extrapolating about how they're all going to die off in a matter of decades, start collecting deady weapons and shit.

Slayven

Roy will one day accept Beyonce into his heart. I mean Maria is garbage, Ariana Grande is on borrowed time, who do he has left? Charlie XcX?

akira28

A white woman with white hair runs their home.

ahh...yes. the legendary nubian white queen.

a white woman who comes along every 1000 years and changes your entire people.
(you may have to figure out how to kill off her aint shit white male companions though. long arduious journey through the desert, they mistakenly get fed to a volcano or buried in a termite pit or something. these things happen. bae will understand eventually.)

Africanus

Danke.

Right now the OT is What is BHM, Why do we have BHM, Where can I learn about BH.

Anything else? You have 18 minutes.

I'm awaiting the inevitable "Why is there no White History Month?" comment.

It could also have the flavours of red, brown, or yellow as well.

Absolutely. I grew up more in those extra 2 years than I did in the previous 20. And I still have my disability stuff, GI Bill, and dope resume/recommendations. One thing that I never really put out was how bad my unit and post was - I saw way too much fucked up shit in Texas. Saw lives get ruined over petty shit, people die, learned what it meant to understand that you need the best and worst people in the world working together to get certain shit done.

I don't regret it. If I was at a different unit and there wasn't a massive drawdown, I'd still be in. Hell, I was hyped at the thought of going to Korea or Mali. Never happened and wasn't going to. Kinda proud of myself actually considering how I'd been going through life before.

Yo I'm curious, because I know a lot of people get into law enforcement after the military. Is that something you'd do too?

LE is something I've been considering for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom