• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

I'm sure JC had something to do with this decision:

Parents are furious over what they’re calling a sudden surge in teachers resigning or being fired from Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science (MS)²—allegedly for teaching black history.

As students came to school Wednesday morning, so did some of their parents, asking what’s going on and why so many teachers are quitting or getting fired in the middle of the school year.

“As parents, we just want to get some answers,” said Dorothy Lowery. “We deserve to know what’s going on.”

After all three of the school’s social studies teachers gave their two weeks’ notice last week, parents say the new principal, Angelicque Blackmon, confronted all three with pink slips Tuesday, in front of students.

“While students are still present in the classroom? How unprofessional,” said parent Delrica Battle. “These children are crying. They said they couldn’t say goodbye. The teachers are upset, the students are upset.”

Parent Michelle Payne added, “They were given to them in front of our children and I think that our children do not deserve to see that type of behavior.”

(MS)² is a public charter school on the campus of Howard University. Some parents describe Principal Blackmon, who came from Atlanta, as abrasive.

“The school administration does not want the social studies teachers to teach African-American history,” said parent Shannon Settle. “We are on the campus of an HBCU [Historically Black Colleges and Universities]. We need to know our culture; the school is 90-percent African American.”

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...udies-instructors-for-teaching-black-his.html

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That Bloodborne gameplay video looks so good. I can't justify buying a PS4 just for that though. Fuck it'll probably be Christmas before I can afford one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
JC let it be known I tried to stop this. I can't stop the tide.

Her name is Alice Smith:

YhKsA8n.jpg

Step your game up breh, she been on the radar since Black Girls Rock on BET last year (apologizes for the LQ). Her self titled album is legit. Everyone go get that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
JC tells everyone that it was a perma whenever someone gets banned and says he hates it had to be them. But he doesn't really hate it and it's never a perma.

When Malcolm X was looking for work, JC got him that job giving old white dudes baby-powderings and handjobs at the massage parlor

JC taught the Reagan Administration how to sickle cells

JC wrote, directed, and shot the Katie Vick storyline.

JC was Lil' Kim's plastic surgeon.

JC told Gina Torres that Cleopatra 2025 was a good idea.

JC thinks Sword Art Online is the greatest anime ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom