• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost feel like changing my avatar, but nah...
Rt9tLKt.jpg

i like my dumbass characters. thats whats wrong with people today. everything has to be badass in order to have value. speedball too goofy? lets turn him into penance and now hes somehow cool instead of hot emo garbage.

Nah. Speedball was done wrong, but Robbie was an endearing dumbass. Rider was simply annoying for most of New Warriors. The Annihilation upgrade is what he needed.

I mean, look here. People dying on the hill for more Richard Rider. That never happened before Annihilation.

how many cats can rock a wife beater? just one. and there he is. look at the best kid nova

I'll give you that.

Malyse

Nova Netflix original or nah?

Who else do you think could get the netflix treatment?

Runaways, Young Avengers, Cloak and Dagger #callingit

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

old young avengers. none of that new shit. i need patriot

hell id take the young allies

jWILL253

Banned
Fuck it, if Netflix gonna try to immortalize all of our childhoods in live-action shows, then do all of it.

Live-action Street Fighter series on par with the most recent YouTube mini-series. Live action Mass Effect series where Shepard is a Black woman.

Fuck it, while I'm dreaming wild dreams. Yo Disney... Kingdom Hearts film with a coherent plot. Make it happen...

Slayven

Nah. Speedball was done wrong, but Robbie was an endearing dumbass. Rider was simply annoying for most of New Warriors. The Annihilation upgrade is what he needed.

I mean, look here. People dying on the hill for more Richard Rider. That never happened before Annihilation.

I'll give you that.
Past time for Robbie to get born again.
old young avengers. none of that new shit. i need patriot

hell id take the young allies
I see you playboy

wyeBC4k.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wait... you mean to tell me all I have to do to get on is run up on Yeezus and spit some struggle bars? We out here hustling backwards trying to work in our respective careers. I need to keep a J. Cole pre-Come Up struggle 16 on deck in case I run into one of these rap mogul niggas. That's all it took to get on?! I'd quit my jobs to work for Yeezus. That's access money can buy but not for the average person.

JC-tier bars

but he got a chance though

Hahaha, oh man.

Funny story, this dude gave me the only black eye I've ever had back in high school.

I deserved it.

Malyse

Fuck it, if Netflix gonna try to immortalize all of our childhoods in live-action shows, then do all of it.

Live-action Street Fighter series on par with the most recent YouTube mini-series. Live action Mass Effect series where Shepard is a Black woman.

Fuck it, while I'm dreaming wild dreams. Yo Disney... Kingdom Hearts film with a coherent plot. Make it happen...
Kingdom Hearts has a coherent plot.

----

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no1_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no2_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no3_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no4_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no5_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no6_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no7_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no8_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no9_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n9n2leR3gs1t1ig6no10_400.gif

Parallax

I'll give you that.

id always take a sword for my faves. mainly because a lot of people only have a public perception for certain characters, which does them a major disservice.

Movies. You need a budget for Nova. Best bet is he's Phase 4.

Punisher for Netflix. Then Moon Knight, White Tiger (Angela or Kasper. Don't really care.) , and Cloak and Dagger.

Furyous

A runaways series has so much potential. Marvel wouldn't make it because no way in shit does it get a PG rating. Give us a hard TV-14 and deal with the real stuff. Speaking of netflix treatment, Scarlet Spider needs his own series. Put him in Houston and let him frolick. Marvel gets the racists on board after the first two issues/episodes. The RNC could adopt Kaine as their mascot. The teens love Kaine because he has all the women and is a monster so there's some antihero in him. This series could write itself into greatness.

akira28

And he fucking earned it 10x over.

nah, he just had the same deal as Hal did, writers with a man-crush. I liked Kyle when he was the sensitive soul, the non-brolic, the unlikely savior, and Ganthet's secret weapon. They wiped all of that away so he could just be Super Special Man who is just somehow better than Hal for some reason.

Just like they ruined Mr Teriffic, making him Kanye West with a nobel prize, they ruined Kyle by taking away all his personality and replacing it with favoritism and plot responsibility. It's cheap.

Malyse

A runaways series has so much potential. Marvel wouldn't make it because no way in shit does it get a PG rating. Give us a hard TV-14 and deal with the real stuff. Speaking of netflix treatment, Scarlet Spider needs his own series. Put him in Houston and let him frolick. Marvel gets the racists on board after the first two issues/episodes. The RNC could adopt Kaine as their mascot. The teens love Kaine because he has all the women and is a monster so there's some antihero in him. This series could write itself into greatness.
Okay A: Marvel will run with a PG13 (avengers was one) B: PG13 goes pretty damn far nowadays. Nolan's DK. Hell even TWS.

Parallax

runaway needs some build up to work in the mcu. not having the skrulls is a problem. same with kaine and spidey

Of course the original YA. No point skipping ahead.

Really though, where the fuck are the teen heroes?

fucked over since arena. it was like the initiative 2.0

akira28

Nah, man. Once you get into Ansem and Heartless and Nobodies, shit falls apart mad quick.

Speaking of teen heroes. Where the fuck is Patriot?

he decided the super hero game was too much, and that he really just wanted to go to school and live a normal life.

Malyse

Nah, man. Once you get into Ansem and Heartless and Nobodies, shit falls apart mad quick.

Speaking of teen heroes. Where the fuck is Patriot?

Only if you try to over think it. KH is essentially one man's mad quest to find the answer to questions of the nature of the heart and his willingness to sacrifice anyone and anything to get them.

he decided the super hero game was too much, and that he really just wanted to go to school and live a normal life.

Oh I remember that. But Kieron Gillen was told he couldn't use him. That's why we got Miss America.

Gillen: Young Avengers has always been a book that plays with the sense of generations. When I was told that Eli (Patriot) was unavailable, I wanted someone in the red, white and blue... and my mind immediately went to Miss Chavez, who I'd enjoyed enormously in the criminally overlooked Vengeance mini. She added a diversity to the cast, both in terms of attitude and background. Yes, I'm writing her with a particularly mysterious past, but from the hints we get, it's certainly a damn sight less privileged than most of my cast.

Which normally means someone more important has ideas for the character, but nope. nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom