• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
B9XOftKIQAAOCWx.png

i'd go bobbing for rotten apples etc etc

sorry you can't have my ghetto waifu.

Young Magus

Not to mention Goku being the John Cena of anime. Nigga should've taken a backseat and let Gohan have his push. But Toriyama straight jobbed the nigga into Rikishi status just to give Goku more shine.

1.) This line made me howl

2.) Not Toriyama's fault blame niggas who want Goku

2.) Not Toriyama's fault blame niggas who want Goku

Sometimes you got to tell those people to suck it. Don't bend, just keep on rolling.

That's how we get backslide shit like vanilla Barry Allen and Hal Jordan leading the Flash and Green Lantern lines. Tip one out for the lost.

80c115417d95acfcc044f7582e811ac2.jpg

DominoKid

nicki looks good as fuck. damn.

what the eff?

Sometimes you got to tell those people to suck it. Don't bend, just keep on rolling.

That's how we get backslide shit like vanilla Barry Allen and Hal Jordan leading the Flash and Green Lantern lines. Tip one out for the lost.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/80/c1/15/80c115417d95acfcc044f7582e811ac2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

manga writers wish it was that easy. those editors are no joke.

Young Magus

Makes ya wonder all the shit we missed cuz folks gave in to fans.....

Makes ya wonder all the shit we missed cuz folks gave in to fans.....

Oddly enough, Barry and Hal are down to Johns, not fans. He rose up the ranks in DC until he could make the change he wanted to make. So, part of me is like "good on you with that hustle", while the other part is "goddamn you, Geoff Johns".

Slayven

Kyle is the only green Lantern worth a day.

Oddly enough, Barry and Hal are down to Johns, not fans. He rose up the ranks in DC until he could make the change he wanted to make. So, part of me is like "good on you with that hustle", while the other part is "goddamn you, Geoff Johns".
yeah Geoff wants it back to the days he read comics under his covers with a fleshlight.

Furyous

And he fucking earned it 10x over.

How did he earn it? All I know is Kyle is historically overpowered. It borders on damn near Superman level overpowered. He got a Jesus ring and next thing you know he's one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy.

---

Can we talk about this Meek Mill fuckery? I wouldn't trust Meek to babysit a dog near an enclosed fireplace. The dude would scheme on that too. Karmaically, he's writing one hell of a check. His popularity is already waning and this isn't going to help matters.

jWILL253

Banned
Kendrick's winning for "i", though.

Meek Mill, it's too early in your career to be tryin'a take Nick Cannon's spot as the new Ain't Shit Husband.

Village

I appreciate hal and kyle because if it wasn't for their parallax fuckery I wouldn't have the amazing band aid that was the other lantern cores. That at least in my opinion are way cooler than the first two in concept

Malyse

Oh are we surprised that fucking beautiful Nicki Minaj is fucking beautiful? K.

----

I'm willing to bet that Tori intended Goku to stay dead after Cell.

Funny that Hal talking about growing up,

Arisia_0019.jpg

Why does it seem like you always have the most fucked up panels on deck though? Somebody would make a post talking about Chris Evans and Chris Pratt visiting kids in costume at hospitals like, "Star Lord and Cap doing great things for kids!" and you'll pop up like "You sure about that?" and post some obscure panel from the 60's where Star Lord and Cap team up walking around slapping babies.

I'm willing to bet that Tori intended Goku to stay dead after Cell.

Seems like that was his intent. I always though he was building up to express that Saiyan and Human mixed reached a greater potential than straight up Saiyans.

Village

----

I'm willing to bet that Tori intended Goku to stay dead after Cell

I bet money on that, Ain't no way you make gohan look that badass during the cell saga just to push him back out for the dude he was supposed to replace.

Its like if you watch gurren laggan, and they brought kamina back because some fools were missing kamina.

talk about a nigga that wasn't shit for 99% of his career. Thank god he had Nightthrasher teach him

Seriously.

I was in those goddamn trenches! Were you youngbloods there in New Warriors Vol. 1?

New_Warriors_Vol_1_1.jpg

NW+2nd+page.jpg

Let me go so far as to say it. Annihilation made Richard Rider. Made a new badass out of this dumbass' shell. If you had told me two decades ago with Nova would be top-shelf, I'd laugh in your face. Like the Guardians of the Galaxy, Abnett and Lanning created the Nova we know and love.

And that was only... 7 years ago? Nova was created in 1966.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Seriously.

I was in those goddamn trenches! Were you youngbloods there in New Warriors Vol. 1?

Let me go so far as to say it. Annihilation made Richard Rider. Made a new badass out of this dumbass' shell. If you had told me two decades ago with Nova would be top-shelf, I'd laugh in your face. Like the Guardians of the Galaxy, Abnett and Lanning created the Nova we know and love.

And that was only... 7 years ago? Nova was created in 1966.

i like my dumbass characters. thats whats wrong with people today. everything has to be badass in order to have value. speedball too goofy? lets turn him into penance and now hes somehow cool instead of hot emo garbage.

Furyous

Let us lust in peace. For the record, I'd casually stroll through Seattle's hoods in bitch mode t-shirt over top of a Patriots jersey en route to holla. I'd show up to the National Association of Police Organizations in a black lives matter t-shirt en route to holla.

B9XfxJHCEAA-o8_.jpg

Is this the female equivalent of a Choppa suit?

DominoKid

i like my dumbass characters. thats whats wrong with people today. everything has to be badass in order to have value. speedball too goofy? lets turn him into penance and now hes somehow cool instead of hot emo garbage.

people don't aspire to be dumbasses so of course they aren't in.

jWILL253

Banned
To further elaborate on Gohan's jobbing... anyone else notice how these lil' niggas Goten and Trunks was stylin' on Gohan? Them lil' kids wasn't even old enough to go to school, and they was already putting in major work during the Buu Saga... Gohan watching them the whole time like
shaq2.png
... Piccolo like
5I5s8.png

At that age, Piccolo was tryin'a make a man outta this dude, but Gohan was too busy bein' a ol' cry-in-the-car-ass nigga.

Malyse

Let us lust in peace. For the record, I'd casually stroll through Seattle's hoods in bitch mode t-shirt over top of a Patriots jersey en route to holla. I'd show up to the National Association of Police Organizations in a black lives matter t-shirt en route to holla.

B9XfxJHCEAA-o8_.jpg

I mean, I've been saying on multiple occasions that Nicki is a beautiful woman and peeps be like whachu talmbout.

Slayven

How did he earn it? All I know is Kyle is historically overpowered. It borders on damn near Superman level overpowered. He got a Jesus ring and next thing you know he's one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy.
There is your problem. Kyle for the vast majority of his career was left to having to learn shit on his own. He didn't get no training or manual, he had to write a whole new book.
even though night thrasher is my man, naw son.
Par, man Par.. Come on
VZqsRmw.jpg

Come on...

Why does it seem like you always have the most fucked up panels on deck though? Somebody would make a post talking about Chris Evans and Chris Pratt visiting kids in costume at hospitals like, "Star Lord and Cap doing great things for kids!" and you'll pop up like "You sure about that?" and post some obscure panel from the 60's where Star Lord and Cap team up walking around slapping babies.
Years of reading and debating comics. I know where the bodies are buried.

Seriously.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070823140046/marveldatabase/images/6/6c/New_Warriors_Vol_1_1.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_muqvdb0K4o/Tow_MvDbx6I/AAAAAAAACK0/lnn4zPApgbc/s1600/NW+2nd+page.jpg[/IMG

Let me go so far as to say it. [B]Annihilation made Richard Rider.[/B] Made a new badass out of this dumbass' shell. If you had told me two decades ago with Nova would be top-shelf, I'd laugh in your face. Like the Guardians of the Galaxy, Abnett and Lanning created the Nova we know and love.

And that was only... 7 years ago? Nova was created in [I]1966[/I].[/QUOTE]
Tell them MHW, Nova would be in jailed if Captain America didn't cover up his fuckups.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There is your problem. Kyle for the vast majority of his career was left to having to learn shit on his own. He didn't get no training or manual, he had to write a whole new book.
Par, man Par.. Come on
VZqsRmw.jpg

how many cats can rock a wife beater? just one. and there he is. look at the best kid nova

people don't aspire to be dumbasses so of course they aren't in.

you can be goofy and still be ace. try hard to be badass and you end up unintentional jokes like apocalypse, stryfe and adam x

DominoKid

B9XfxJHCEAA-o8_.jpg

nah man kim swagged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom