• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

B9YSJhTCEAAFh1t.jpg

Kanye: You were always...my greatest rival.
Taylor: I admit it. You are better than me...You are the best.

*cue dramatic opening notes to ED theme as anime draws to a close*

Why folks catch feelings over shit like this tho?

The slightest hint of blackness gets some folk in their feelings. On the flip, some people still aint here for Pharell after past comments. So it's like a perfect storm of everyone trying to get him out the paint.

So there was a party tonight for the place at work at. And they gave out awards for various things, and then gave out the award for employee of the year. They voted for me, but...I already got this last year. I was a bit stunned and went up to accept it, thanked everyone and then they asked me for a speech. So I gave one, thanking them for voting for me and so on, but then at the end said that I felt there was someone more deserving of it than me. And that the guy in the dish pit deserved it. Because he works super late, cleans all the stuff for us the cooks and servers, nobody ever notices him behind all the garbage and dishes, etc. And so I said that he should come up, he came up and I handed it to him and thanked him for his hard work. Everyone clapped and cheered, etc. And I sat back down, got my stuff and started to leave, because I didn't want to soak up anything. ALL of the managers came up to me, shook my hand and said I did a good thing, a few other employees did as well and even the one manager I have problems with, said "And that's why they voted for you".

Now you might be thinking, "Okay..what's the problem?". Well my problem is this...did I insult them by giving the award to someone else? Is that a bad thing to do? Did I ruin chances of being voted for anything again?

you made them love you even more and solidified their thoughts that you are the best.

tldr; you won

OG Loc

I got high earlier today and was sitting in the Popeye's drive thru ashy as hell. I get to the window to pay and I'm praying shawty don't notice my knuckles ashier than a bitch. I don't think she did though since she didn't give me the "nigga if you don't you care your goddamn" face when I asked for extra hot sauce.

I need to start putting lotion in my glove compartment again. I stopped when winter hit because it would get so cold the lotion would basically freeze up and be unusable. Might have to start carrying some Vaseline or something because this can't happen again.

Shy

i watched the walking dead earlier .................. *sigh*

fuck that fucking show, why'd have to go and do that for. :_:

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I got high earlier today and was sitting in the Popeye's drive thru ashy as hell. I get to the window to pay and I'm praying shawty don't notice my knuckles ashier than a bitch. I don't think she did though since she didn't give me the "nigga if you don't you care your goddamn" face when I asked for extra hot sauce.

I need to start putting lotion in my glove compartment again. I stopped when winter hit because it would get so cold the lotion would basically freeze up and be unusable. Might have to start carrying some Vaseline or something because this can't happen again.

sounds like your still high man..... just wear gloves on munchie runs

You need to be bout that coco butter life breh.

Edit - went home to SC this weekend saw a dude selling chicken gizzards and ice cold beer out the back of his trunk in a shell gas station parking lot. It was JC

Nasty
Why you biting my style?

To borrow your adage, language is fluid. What you do with it is more like that science fair project where someone sucks an egg into a bottle using a lighter.

The subtle racism and pearl-clutching in the Kanye West-Grammy's thread is amazing...

Haven't read it yet, but I'm assuming it's mostly "wow he's such a credit to his race, not like those uppity hip-hop folk you see poisoning rap music" sort of bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom