• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
Haven't read it yet, but I'm assuming it's mostly "wow he's such a credit to his race, not like those uppity hip-hop folk you see poisoning rap music" sort of bullshit.

Nah, not exactly.

So I was watching the Grammy's last night with my wife... Actually, I was playing with our little girl and messing around on my ipad while my wife monopolized the TV... And I saw the latest Kanye West stunt.

It got me thinking. As someone who grew up listening to Rap/ Hip Hop from the days of Beastie Boys, Kool Moe D, NWA etc, etc, etc... while also listening to a lot of other music (Rock, classical, oldies, beach music, reggae, etc.) I consider myself to be somewhat justified in understanding what good music is.

I have some of Kanye's older music but the 1st song he did last night (in my opinion) was utter garbage. I mean... it's not rap. It's a guy that can't sing that is trying to sing.... just awful. The second song is a bit more catchy... but I think its because of Rihanna ..

Anyway, to get to my point. I honestly feel that Kanye is somewhat racist. These attention grabbing antics are always geared towards white people. His outburst are (except in his mind) clearly unacceptable and uncalled for... yet he continues to be supported by peers and press alike.

As someone who liked, and purchased his earlier music because I thought it was new and eye opening... this shit he puts out now is just garbage. (in my opinion). Even his performance was subpar. Standing on a spotlight! No creativity. Oh... and that played out auto tune.

I just wish somebody in the industry would call this guy out as a racist, because some of the stuff he says clearly is. How can somebody have such blatent disregard for his fellow peers in the industry.

Clearly there is a racial undertone to his actions. I would love to see him snatch a microphone away from Kendrick Lamar or 50 cent.

Clutch your pearls over a racist circle-jerk award show brehs. Call Ye a racist because he's aware of the bullshit brehs.

ReiGun

Late to the party, but Fresh off the Boat is great.

"His body is rejecting white culture, which makes me kind of proud." lmaooo

But why does he have to shit on other artists?

acause he hates white people of course

on a related note, if this shit is getting people upset, just imagine the salt when BP has just a sliver of expression of nationalism on the big screen. People are going to call in sick to work to start running chemical formulas on how Wakanda could've done it without a white man.

EDIT: Anyone up for an MCU Black Panther-related avatar bet?

ReiGun

This year's Grammy's had Obama telling people, specifically men, to stop beating and raping women. It was destined to be the kind of night that got folks in their feelings.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

That is the part I really don't like. What the fuck did Beck do to Ye? Hell, seeing how different his music is, I would think Ye and Beck would have alot in common. No need to crap on someone else's "art" when at the same time you want people to respect yours.

Though I think all of this is just some calculated PR stunt to get hype for his crappy shoe coming out next week. I am not falling for your tricks, Ye!!!!

"But what about white-on-white crime?"

Man, even hinting about Black-on-black crime as a statement gets me heated.

Late to the party, but Fresh off the Boat is great.

"His body is rejecting white culture, which makes me kind of proud." lmaooo

Right? I'm feelin' it more than Black-ish.

Because he's a narcissist.

This extends to his friends. "I'm an artist. I'm awesome. Therefore the people I associate with are awesome."

And let's be honest if we're talking about Kanye being racist, he should've gone up for when Childish Gambino lost to Eminem's latest album. That was trash right there.

Kreed

That is the part I really don't like. What the fuck did Beck do to Ye? Hell, seeing how different his music is, I would think Ye and Beck would have alot in common. No need to crap on someone else's "art" when at the same time you want people to respect yours.

Though I think all of this is just some calculated PR stunt to get hype for his crappy shoe coming out next week. I am not falling for your tricks, Ye!!!!

If Big Sean had been nominated and won Album of the Year, Kanye wouldn't have done shit. Or any of his other artists or celebrity friends. It has nothing to do with who has the best talent and everything to do with him thinking him and his friends/artists are the best things going on musically.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
y'all notice the OP hasn't come back to that thread, right
He knew what he was doing from the very first post.

"So I was watching the Grammys with MY WIFE and DAUGHTER...this lets you know I am a shining beacon of white middle class America, a true family man "

y'all notice the OP hasn't come back to that thread, right

riley-throws-chair.gif

ReiGun

This extends to his friends. "I'm an artist. I'm awesome. Therefore the people I associate with are awesome."

And let's be honest if we're talking about Kanye being racist, he should've gone up for when Childish Gambino lost to Eminem's latest album. That was trash right there.
Bingo. Kanye is, above all, about Kanye and Kanye's circle getting all the shine. Not to say he doesn't have good points on occasion, but it does lead to him saying a lot of nonsense. Like last night: did he really think people were going to rock with him implying Beck isn't a talented artist deserving of recognition?

Slayven

When it comes to awards I am from the Micheal Bay school. I rather make something a lot of people enjoy and make bank from it, then be circlejerked on by bunch of old pretentious dudes.

jWILL253

Banned
Kanye got these assclowns stanning for fucking Bush and his handling of Katrina.

Racism is funny when paired with cognitive dissonance.

Cedric

Alright, I have a question for you guys.

My friends went over to another friend's party this weekend, but I couldn't make it cause I was out of town. Today I meet up with one of my friends and I ask him how the party was, and he tells me it was OK... and later tells me he didn't really like it because there were too many black people... how the fuck are you supposed to react to that? Worst part is he whispered black cause there was a black chick sitting not too far from where we were, it's as if he forgot I was black myself. Am I wrong for being annoyed by this?

jWILL253

Banned

My friends went over to another friend's party this weekend, but I couldn't make it cause I was out of town. Today I meet up with one of my friends and I ask him how the party was, and he tells me it was OK... and later tells me he didn't really like it because there were too many black people... how the fuck are you supposed to react to that? Worst part is he whispered black cause there was a black chick sitting not too far from where we were, it's as if he forgot I was black myself. Am I wrong for being annoyed by this?

If you haven't checked him on that shit by now, you're a part of the problem.

Gotta let people know where the boundaries are.

Village

"Black Debbie "

In seriousness tell him that isn't cool.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

You need to let him know what's wrong with what he just said.

RP912

Banned

Yeah....it's time to find some new friends :/.

Check his ass. No way he should feel he's that comfortable to say that to you.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Never really thought about it like that. You hit it right on the head though. I don't feel that strongly about it as I don't care much about pop culture these days, but I can't help but shake my head at his latest stunt.

When it comes to awards I am from the Micheal Bay school. I rather make something a lot of people enjoy and make bank from it, then be circlejerked on by bunch of old pretentious dudes.

What about getting circlejerked by young pretentious dudes? I would love to talk to Killer Mike about how he does these albums and speaks out about racial issues only to perform live to a crowd that sees his music as some "alternative hip hop" and don't get the message at all.

I would basically say, "WTF does that mean?" I am going to be truthful, if I go to a party and I am basically the only Black guy there in a sea of whiteness, I get a little uncomfortable myself. Uncomfortable may be a little too strong of a word, but I definitely find myself thinking, "Where all the non-white people at?". I doubt I would tell anyone that I felt like that though.

Furyous

It's always weird being the white guy's favorite black guy until something happens and they realize you're closer to your fellow ethnic brothers and sisters than them. You're perfectly fine but realize you're profileable and your friends will snitch on you.t's always weird being the white guy's favorite black guy until something happens and they realize you're closer to your fellow ethnic brothers and sisters than them. Personally, I'm pissed and make it a point to reevaluate life. What about me gives these people that clearly don't like us that I'm acceptable?

---

Alpha Brain had me going on a spirit journey that fucking sucked. Long story short all the superheroes died to create a force field that keeps the world going and free from invasion. Me and the last woman on earth some brunette filled full of hope like Sue Lasmar, whoever that random person is, decide to chill and eventually she finds out what's going on. She begs me to do something about it. *Pimp C voice* Biiiiiiiiiiiiitch, 'fuck I look like leaving the confines of this planet-long forcefield? Stop nagging and let's finish watching The Flash. She bitched for a good 20 minutes then got my point. Alpha Brain works entirely too well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I fucks with Killer Mike.

Is there such thing as alternative Country?

yeah, we have a dude in WrassleGAF that's all about that "outlaw" country, I think that's what it's called. It's interesting, but not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom