• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
LUPE NOOOOOOOO

lupe_no.png

BFETu2Z.png

I'm pretty sure every black person in that movie is evil, and its up to lily white James Bond to save the day from Mr.Big and his oogie-boogie black magic nigger army

latest

also there's a really racist sheriff character who's INCREDIBLY obnoxious so yeah, that

i almost spit out my fucking drink

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I wish I could get into her music. She bores me more than Lupe.

edit: I don't want to say bleach right off the bat (maybe she did. I dunno). There is a huge light to the upper right (lower too, it seems) of her face and probably makeup involved.

what's the controversy?

I could interpret a lot of things from that photo+tweet, and some of them are fairly clever.

Off of first glance, I thought that he was purely trolling people about current conversation, while taking a shot at people. I didn't even realize that it was in a video or had context outside of that line.

G-Fex

I'm pretty sure every black person in that movie is evil, and its up to lily white James Bond to save the day from Mr.Big and his oogie-boogie black magic nigger army

latest

also there's a really racist sheriff character who's INCREDIBLY obnoxious so yeah, that

Oh man, the blaxploitation movie in the bond series.

That twist with him being Mr. Big isn't really that great. Though Yaphet Kotto is cool all the same.

"Names are for tombstones baby."

The Wii Us are proabby still launch ones.

I thought Jean Grea was that little white girl rapper?

She's Anna Wise from Sonnymoon. Did background vocals for the Kendrick Lamar performance on the Stephan Colbert Report.

And stop making me go through mental hoops with Jean Grae... I just want to see her dance in this music video. I want you all to enjoy

I think the big obvious difference Live and Let Die and real blaxploitation films are they're suppose to star black people in the lead role so you don't have white dudes fighting an army of black people.

Jathaine

I lurk here a bit, but i'll explain myself.

Where you're from - Omaha, Nebraska
Where you live - South Florida
What is your age? - 19
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American
Do you know your roots - I also have Caucasian and native indian roots but my family makes it difficult to express.
Favorite musical genre - Everything except country
Your profession/major/career interest - Pre-medical Studies/Chemistry. My first year I was a chemistry major.
Your religious affiliation - Christian but i'm not 100% religious
Hobbies - Basketball and Tennis.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC.

Man, I never thought dudes were serious about these questions. Here goes.

Where you're from - Houston, TX
Where you live - Houston, TX
What is your age? - 28
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - All darkie
Do you know your roots - Only the movie
Favorite musical genre - Parody stuff or just ridiculous stuff like You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
Your profession/major/career interest - IT
Your religious affiliation - I believe in myself
Hobbies - Plead the 5th
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Out of these choices? Popeye's

akira28

Off of first glance, I thought that he was purely trolling people about current conversation, while taking a shot at people. I didn't even realize that it was in a video or had context outside of that line.

I had no clue about the video, or the larger context, (which sounds like it might be a bit suspect, tbh.) But the tweet itself seems provocative, in a trolling way, but also in a way that tells you to always be on guard.

" I like your moxie kid, how would you like a promotion."

" You still ain't shit"

" You're gonna go far"

"your daddy wasn't shit, your mama wasn't shit and then they had themselves a little ain't shit baby who grew up and thinks he owns me"

"just don't mess with my radio when you park it OK?"

D i Z

Slay ain't no computer programmer, punching in the Konami code doesn't make you one.

Roselyn Sanchez, best thing about Rush Hour 2. A shame she never really blew up in the US.

She was absolutely set after Rush Hour 2. Ended up doing a lot of tv stuff for some reason. She must have found herself on someones shit list or something.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I know lupe crazy but that pic is really old and out of context.
watch the video. probably the best music video that year.

J10

Banned
Her body is covered in tattoos and you're comparing one picture taken in a fully lit room to another in a dark stairwell.

Her body is covered in tattoos and you're comparing one picture taken in a fully lit room to another in a dark stairwell.

Tattoos don't make you lighter, only thing the tattoos do is to denote the passage of time. Starwell Jean is circa 2001, the other photo is from her Youtube show from a few months back.

I'm going to just pretend it's the lighting and she covered her body in powder or something. *Goes play Jean Grae's Jeanius album*

I'll leave these here for you to compare and contrast with how light she looked in that video.

jean-grae-35.jpg

jg5.jpg

12_77755763.jpg

225689750_c202a24704_b.jpg

Jean-Grae_0060-540x360.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom