• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So is Top Five worth seeing in theaters? Rotten Tomatoes score looks real good and I love Chris Rock.

We really need to see racism from their point of view, it's the only way for us as a nation to move on. I think it's important to meet them half way, take their feelings and views into account and come up with a compromise.…or at least 3/5ths of one.
I can think of a compromise, but it's Christmas..for those who give a hoot..

AfroMW

We really need to see racism from their point of view, it's the only way for us as a nation to move on. I think it's important to meet them half way, take their feelings and views into account and come up with a compromise.…or at least 3/5ths of one.

It's a study worth looking into, it is clearly just misunderstandings that can be delved further into

I can think of a compromise, but it's Christmas..for those who give a hoot..

I think Christmas is a wonderful time to talk about this pressing issue. Maybe we can have the spokesperson for black people meet up with a bunch of politicians somewhere and see if we can't move forward amicably.

It's a study worth looking into, it is clearly just misunderstandings that can be delved further into

Agreed, I think everyone just got off on the wrong foot. We need to come together to talk about the more important issues in the US like men's rights, and the oppression against transethnic folks.

welp, think I locked up a good-ass job. I aint gon be broke no more, Trey. Bout to invest in a fancy scarf I can lay on chairs to tell people I got money.

AfroMW

I think Christmas is a wonderful time to talk about this pressing issue. Maybe we can have the spokesperson for black people meet up with a bunch of politicians somewhere and see if we can't move forward amicably.

Ah yes that one friend, we can always count on the good one

Agreed, I think everyone just got off on the wrong foot. We need to come together to talk about the more important issues in the US like men's rights, and the oppression against transethnic folks.

These are truly pressing issue that gets swept under the rug #AllIssuesMatter

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm sorry y'all don't feel bad, I fell asleep early as hell last night haha

I'll pm some more. Just let me know whoever wants it. I dunno who has a Skype or not so that's why I didn't just pm everyone btw

AfroMW

I'm sorry y'all don't feel bad, I fell asleep early as hell last night haha

I'll pm some more. Just let me know whoever wants it. I dunno who has a Skype or not so that's why I didn't just pm everyone btw

I dunno the ensuing asking for Skype info brought this gem

*got another new PM*

pmsent.png

foQU4.png
...wait...

sou_da.png
Nnrno.png

ayylmao.png

wine-crying-desk.gif

I'm done

The Adder

Banned
Percussion was mine for the longest time too, but listening to all of the crazy drumming that goes on in metal actually helped me warm up to writing percussion a lot. Once you start getting the hang of it and realizing it's just an unconventional, albeit versatile instrument like any other, there's plenty of fun stuff you can do with it. Two of the drum tracks I've done are here (drum solo at 0:18) and here (no solo, but drums throughout), and those two in addition to this song I didn't do all do pretty fun things with drumlines and treat them more as unique tools to egg on progression rather than just giving the track an underlying beat.

Can't listen to the bandcamp tracks at the moment, phone doesn't much care for the site. That Sprout Tower track is really damn cool though. I think my problem mostly lies with the way I tend to perceive music when I'm writing it. It's probably the same reason my pieces almost all start with a few instruments and then pick up more as they go on. I write music as though I'm assembling a table from Ikea. I have this need to start with a base and then slot things in or out as I go. Really good percussion is hard for me to come up with because it feels like it doesn't slot in. It's more akin to painting a pattern on the table I assembled. And I'm a terrible painter.

Ah yes that one friend, we can always count on the good one

I'm thinking about Obama, he's half black, half white and he's great on compromising. He's not too threatening and he doesn't yell. I think he's the perfect representative for all black people and can be the one.

These are truly pressing issue that gets swept under the rug #AllIssuesMatter

This. Black people complaining about equal rights, but ignoring the real issue.

Child support payment for 18 years just because a man got a woman pregnant is fucking crazy! What if the man doesn't want the kid? He should be able to make the woman get an abortion ffs! Ugh, the system is fucked up man.

And transethnic issues are huge. I know plenty of black people who wish they were white, and I know some who wish they were Asian. I also know some friends who wish they were black or Asian. What about their rights to identify with whatever culture they want? It hurts my soul when people like my friend Davido who is a huge anime and Japanese music fan is always told he's not Japanese. If he thinks he's Japanese, then he's Japanese. It's 2014, and we're still stuck in some 1920s mentality when it comes to race and nationality.

Furyous

What's there to see? "They" look different than "us", dress different than "us", and are inferior to "us" as a result of a lack of blessings and privileged environment. "They" are just whining about racism as usual and need to take personal responsibility for "their" actions.

^^ That's their point of view and it is not changing.

Onto something else worth a damn, What are you guys getting for Christmas?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
'Juicy' reminded me of Deus Ex for some reason.
Yeah I get what you mean, I thought of Snatcher. That track has a pretty cool old school arcade / cyberpunk type vibe. Definitely listen to Super Juicy, which returns to the original tune with an upgrade and a twist.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Grats JC. What exactly are you going to be doing? Only downside is now you have no excuse for being a bitter 'mister steal yo girl but she ugly n-e way' crab anymore.

AfroMW

I'm thinking about Obama, he's half black, half white and he's great on compromising. He's not too threatening and he doesn't yell. I think he's the perfect representative for all black people and can be the one.

This. Black people complaining about equal rights, but ignoring the real issue.

He can bring the "Nu" feeling with "Nu" perspectives and thoughts

nPaFPr6.png

Child support payment for 18 years just because a man got a woman pregnant is fucking crazy! What if the man doesn't want the kid? He should be able to make the woman get an abortion ffs! Ugh, the system is fucked up man.

And transethnic issues are huge. I know plenty of black people who wish they were white, and I know some who wish they were Asian. I also know some friends who wish they were black or Asian. What about their rights to identify with whatever culture they want? It hurts my soul when people like my friend Davido who is a huge anime and Japanese music fan is always told he's not Japanese. If he thinks he's Japanese, then he's Japanese. It's 2014, and we're still stuck in some 1920s mentality when it comes to race and nationality.

People deserve to be rewarded for truly discovering their identities, with all the investments and efforts made, at least a comeuppance should be available for those dedicated and ill judged transethnics

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lupe once again proving he's lupe
I mean look at this:

Callin this nigga a failure is not givin him enough credit namsayin. Straight up. Technically this nigga has already mastered failure n moved on to the level that comes after failin tho. Son has evolved past bein a regular failin ass nigga. This nigga has developed his own science when it comes to that shit….its “quantum failure” nahmean. This nigga can fail without even bein awake yo. Son can fail in a dream n bring that shit back wit him to his conscious state namsayin. The nigga can inception fail his way thru life. The nigga can find the fail buried 4 levels deeper under the failure that you actually see. The nigga can fail about 78 times per heartbeat g. In fact by the time you finish readin this sentence the nigga will have failed approximately 468 times namsayin. This nigga is usin methods of failure that niggas aint even seen since the ancient Mayans n Egyptians was on earth still yo. This nigga is usin approaches to failin that brought upon the destructions of entire ancient civilizations son. Think its a game yo? This nigga takes his failure very fuckin seriously son. He dont want no failures happenin unless he involved. No chains snatched…no faces smacked…no nothin. A nigga falls off his bike in the park….he wants IN.
this shit will always have me in tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom