• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

But SHIELD just locked up the only smart brother on the show.

So if you black and want to stay on the show just be dumb and swoll for no goddamn reason

D i Z

Didn't really notice that the show does this.

Really? Maybe I spend too much time reading the GAF thread. The Daisy just met you but "i love you" Lincoln, Fitz - Jemma - Astronaut guy ( she goes to an alien world and the best they came up with was her hooking up), Bobby and Hunter, Caulson and Rosalind, Skye- Ward - May in season one, Ward and ex agent scar face. May and Andrew got plot specific issues in the dumbest way possible now. They spend more time on who's hooked up with who than they do on actual Agent shenanigans sometimes.

Really? Maybe I spend too much time reading the GAF thread. The Daisy just met you but "i love you" Lincoln, Fitz - Jemma - Astronaut guy ( she goes to an alien world and the best they came up with was her hooking up), Bobby and Hunter, Caulson and Rosalind, Skye- Ward - May in season one, Ward and ex agent scar face. May and Andrew got plot specific issues in the dumbest way possible now. They spend more time on who's hooked up with who than they do on actual Agent shenanigans sometimes.
Let's be real..without that, how do you keep the show running? Folks wanna watch shows like Scandal and Murder. They gotta do something to entice the casual viewer. Unlike what everyone else wants to believe, the shows and movies will always have a connection..they gonna have tons of filler.

D i Z

Let's be real..without that, how do you keep the show running? Folks wanna watch shows like Scandal and Murder. They gotta do something to entice the casual viewer. Unlike what everyone else wants to believe, the shows and movies will always have a connection..they gonna have tons of filler.

You're right. I just think that it would be a better show and still maintain, if not expand its audience if they spent less time on providing shipping material and more on universe building and actual interesting missions and conflicts. These characters don't grow or have any motivation outside of who they're trying to fuck, or just got done fucking. Some of the best material this season so far has been Daisy and Mack team moments. May and Hunter undercover, or Fitz and Bobby in the lab. Most everything else has been conventional and hardly ever makes a lick of sense.

I don't mean it's okay, I mean it's legitimately "This is a good show" without making caveats. Better than what Arrow became and almost as fun as Flash.
Gotcha.
You're right. I just think that it would be a better show and still maintain, if not expand its audience if they spent less time on providing shipping material and more on universe building and actual interesting missions and conflicts. These characters don't grow or have any motivation outside of who they're trying to fuck, or just got done fucking. Some of the best material this season so far has been Daisy and Mack team moments. May and Hunter undercover, or Fitz and Bobby in the lab. Most everything else has been conventional and hardly ever makes a lick of sense.
The way I look at the show, 25-35% is building on the brand..the rest is throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks between what the mothership has planned. I'm definitely not disagreeing. I'm just saying that the show is on ABC, not Netflix.
I'm still mad Antoine Triplett was killed off.
I think the bulk of us are in agreement..should have been Mack.

D i Z

Gotcha.

The way I look at the show, 25-35% is building on the brand..the rest is throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks between what the mothership has planned. I'm definitely not disagreeing. I'm just saying that the show is on ABC, not Netflix.

I think the bulk of us are in agreement..should have been Mack.

And for it being an ABC show, it is entertaining and gets better and better. Right now I'd say it's in my top five of weekly viewing and I've not ever regretted watching every episode since day one. Can't say the same about the CW shows.

I like Mack. Trip was kicking cans around the bus cos they couldn't find shit for him to do.

They call me token I shopping at J-Mart you must be smoking?
Ain't got no faith in Tito Jackson, Al B Sure!, they joking
My life ain't perfect, I've been through the hustle inspiring racism
Put on my boots and pull'em up, I'm a big kid now no Toys-R-Us struggle
I'm repping Ben Carson until the day he come and get me
Stay in my "A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional Liberties", every day the devil Obama trynna kill me
But I'm pro-life, I don't believe in women's rights
I'm speaking clearly to you, I don't believe in democracy
I've been through Hilton's and back, don't I run with Motel 6
I'm conservative, but don't hate Italians or other kind of bureaucrats
No I don't watch the " The Five", "Empire" or that show with yo waifu, too busy trying to get that H2 Hummer with candy gloss (huh!)

And for it being an ABC show, it is entertaining and gets better and better. Right now I'd say it's in my top five of weekly viewing and I've not ever regretted watching every episode since day one. Can't say the same about the CW shows.

I like Mack. Trip was kicking cans around the bus cos they couldn't find shit for him to do.
Going to force myself to watch Flash in December since Slayven seems to be gushing over it. Hoping not to regret it lol..fuck Got Ham. Holy crap..that show is dookie.

Dude Guy

Fam why didn't y'all tell me about Nicole Murphy. I didn't know she had it workin' like that!
CNRCg5hUwAA6Ok6.png

She's 47 years old with 5 kids and she looks like that?!
kD4XPFn.gif

Good lawd

this #Mizzou shit on twitter is a goddamn mess, odd that its not being talked about heavily in OT

jbhmmm.png

I already hate being a Mizzou fans for their terrible athletics. Let me pretend that the academics side of the house isn't shit
tocry.png

Naw, for real, Missouri is a vile piece of shit when it comes to racial relations. It's shocking bible belt Missouri feels at times.

Infinite

None of that seems like adventure time styled shipping though. Virtually every television show does something similar .

A lot of AOS forgiveness in this thread. I mean, it's not totally out of wack like Gotham, and it's written/acted way better than Arrow. But I can't even call it Flash tier, nevermind Netflix MCU.

I still watch it though.

Malyse

I made some adjustments, but these I'm happy with.

Speaking of happiness, I think it's known that I've been struggling with depression. Well, I finally talked to my doctor about it and I'm trying out a new medication. It's only been a few days, but it seems to be working. It's really weird not being sad all the time and actually having energy and stuff without having to mask it with faux cheer. Like, I haven't even thought about killing myself, which to be perfectly candid, had never been far from my mind. I'm doing good. I'm actually doing good.

As for the designs, I have a few notes.

Bloodyline is horror themed a la Castlevania, except it takes place in a cathedral. I don't think anyone has set horror in a church before.

Crystalline is in a crystal cave. I will almost revisit this design first.

Cyberline is tech. I hope that's obvious.

Folkline was going to be Faeline and set as a medieval European fantasy, but that setting is trite as all hell, so I swerved and am basing it on African folk lore. The Spider is Anansi.

Hazardline is post apocalypse. I combined the biohazard and the radiation symbols. I think it's a cool effect.

Starline is Asian fantasy with Sci Fi. Thus a dragon and a very subtle starry effect on Star.

Feedback plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom