• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I told y'all BO3 only has the
5I5s8.png
unit.

Yeah, I"m out. I'm not Slay, I don't have the patience for these so called liberals.

I am so not surprised that the increase of radicalzied campuses has led to attacks on "safe spaces" by white reporters and media alike. I'm even less surprised that GAF has jumped onto the train.

I always found Gaming side to have some really ignorant people and that thread just reconfirms my beliefs. Those threads really make me feel like I'm on Reddit with the arguments they try to use on there.

Merc_

Well, this was always going to be the end result of the "diversity" push in video games. The only group that was going to really benefit from it was going to be white women. Everyone else was pretty much going to stuck in the same place they were in before. The only thing that's happened in games is the reinforcement of the straight white female protagonist to go along with the straight white male one. The last E3 was a great example of this.

Just like to point out awful lot of anime avatars don't care for diversity. Is there a relation? I don't know just noticing.

I don't get it. I never picked up the anti-diversity message from the countless anime that I had watched.

They must read between the lines better than I.

Infinite

Well, this was always going to be the end result of the "diversity" push in video games. The only group that was going to really benefit from it was going to be white women. Everyone else was pretty much going to stuck in the same place they were in before. The only thing that's happened in games is the reinforcement of the straight white female protagonist to go along with the straight white male one. The last E3 was a great example of this.
"Diversity" is an illusion. Real diversity is actually hiring minorities to work on the fucking games which will then lead to shit like that not being an issue anymore.

Just like to point out awful lot of anime avatars don't care for diversity. Is there a relation? I don't know just noticing.

That and ponies..I don't get it lol.

guys just because some pasty onigiri-gobblers have a penchant for one in the pink and two in the ink doesn't mean it's okay to rag on them

might as well be making all these "racist" comments yourself with talk like that, honestly

i thought the point of *~rational discourse~* was to reach mutual understandings?

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I pointed this out last E3 and I was pretty much told to wait my turn cuz it's baby steps and all that bullshit.
"Diversity" is an illusion. Real diversity is actually hiring minorities to work on the fucking games which will then lead to shit like that not being an issue anymore.
Preach it brotha.

Yeah, I"m out. I'm not Slay, I don't have the patience for these so called liberals.

I am so not surprised that the increase of radicalzied campuses has led to attacks on "safe spaces" by white reporters and media alike. I'm even less surprised that GAF has jumped onto the train.

Ah, i was reading those 2 threads and was wondering wtf was going on.

Seems to be the next step on the "white people are being oppressed" train that started some weeks ago around here. Outrage culture, amirite!?

Bingo. Diversity at best is just a step. An inclusionary environment is the goal. One where it ain't more difficult to get a job and keep it without feeling like the whole place ain't shit.

Merc_

I hear ya. Just as long as they don't end up hiring the disciples of Ben Carson. That thread seems to have a few popping up in there.

Slayven

I am shocked at how people are praising how Black Ops 3 handled women.

The female big bad
you end up maiming and torturing early in the game, and when she comes for her revenge you kill her off in an offhanded manner.

paging slayven

What devs hate doing this? The only example I can think of is that some character creators make it difficult to get a realistic black skin color (usually Japanese games, which makes sense).

Most games with character creators have black options?

D i Z

CNN has a Ex- Mizzou football player on calling the resignation ridiculous. Saying that it's 2015, this is the least racist time, and these problems don't exist.

1) Species that is based off of social nomadic tribes dislikes other sets of same species who are from different areas. Seems pretty logical to me. Hell, maybe you can ask the Mizzou kids who called an Asian-American part of the "white media" about what made their racist comment so logical?

2) Because you are the one being affected by it. Going back to the Mizzou case - note that the photographer was the one who had to try to reasonably talk to the mob. Even though that group of "victims" was swarming and trying to remove him by force.

3) Man, if only they were in some place that taught them that capacity to handle and deal with the inequalities of life with logic and reason and compassion....

Bonus question: Ask the Yale students, they are the ones who said that the adminstrators' comments needed to be censored in order to create a "safe space" in their remarks.

So some dude just tried to justify racism as a concept.

Christ... I REALLY need to back out of this. And I will.

D i Z

You know they will dig up one "good one" to get both sides

They couldn't even get that. Dude was white, and crying about how he's been getting backlash for talking shit. To top it off, he graced us with a retelling of how when he first heard the news, he called up some off his old team (black guys) and they all had a rousing round of pin the tail on the PC culture and race baiters.

The one good one has yet to show their face. Vetting takes time.

What's up everyone and what the hell kind of avatar are you wearing Slayven?

Sup, Blasian.

Slayven

They couldn't even get that. Dude was white, and crying about how he's been getting backlash for talking shit. To top it off, he graced us with a retelling of how when he first heard the news, he called up some off his old team (black guys) and they all had a rousing round of pin the tail on the PC culture and race baiters.

The one good one has yet to show their face. Vetting takes time.

I am sure this happened

Sup, Blasian.

Everything's grits n gravy here. My internet company went out of business so I was without internet for a few days. It was inconvenient, but it gave me more time to work on my book. I walked off yesterday to find a computer to use to check my email for jobs and to apply for a couple. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. It was raining like cats and dogs yesterday and the rain was blowing to boot. That was terrible. I was cold and wet. Just got some new internet set up today so I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom