• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

RedSwirl

As someone who transitioned from only owning a Dreamcast to only owning a Gamecube and thus had to scrape the bottom of the barrel of each library, the Dreamcast had more to play on it.

Neither of them had a Playstation library (what else did back then?), but the Gamecube had Nintendo's first party lineup and a few Japanese third party crumbs, while the Dreamcast had possibly SEGA's most varied and creative first party lineup ever along with a monstrous lineup of ports from what was basically the last great era of Japanese arcade games. I mean shit, just look at fighting games alone. The Dreamcast had Garou, Last Blade 2, Marvel 1 and 2, 3rd Strike, Soul Calibur, DOA2, and probably some other shit. The sole crown jewels of FG gaming on the Cube were Melee and Soul Calibur 2. Oh, and those three Mortal Kombat games most people don't like. You wanna know what 2D fighting games the Cube had? Capcom vs SNK 2 EO. That was it. I know. The Nintendo Power magazine advertisement for that shit pointed out the fact that it was the first Capcom fighter on a Nintendo console since the SNES version of Alpha 2.

I just do not understand how GAF holds the Gamecube in such high regard. Circa 2003 everybody on the internet hated that system. I stuck by it during those years and even I can look back and see its library for what it was. Hell, I'm looking at around 40 Gamecube games on my shelf right now -- almost every game on the system worth playing.

Kreed

There are entire sites that hate on Gaf?
That's some energy.

Man we have an entire hate forum dedicated to just us in here. You notice how every once and a while a junior will pop up out of no where and tell Slayven or Angelus they ain't shit or complain about "the blacks" taking over the forum? That's them, the "real gamers but spend more time complaining about gaming message boards than actually playing games" gamers.

Dereck

Spend your life lurking the Black Culture thread and participating in a hate forum brehs

I'm watching Arrow season 1.

Have every person that shows up on screen be super attractive brehs

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
A if y'all got some links pm me.
I used to read the one on reddit and the conspiracy theories were bonkers.

All these flavors and they choose to be salty. Shit is hilarious.

Numb

Man we have an entire hate forum dedicated to just us in here. You notice how every once and a while a junior will pop up out of no where and tell Slayven or Angelus they ain't shit or complain about "the blacks" taking over the forum? That's them, the "real gamers but spend more time complaining about gaming message boards than actually playing games" gamers.
Knew BCT hate. Didn't think it went that far tho
Mostly the permabanned and "saying how I really feel will get me banned" active posters
Good thing they are atleast aware they'll get the axe if they bring their crazy.
Saying "saying how I really feel will get me banned" always raises all the flags.
Better try wording the thing you were about to say in the safest way instead no matter how stupid it was gonna be.
I hate you all and I'm still here. It's like hell.
Got enough loving to go around for us both.

Order

Spend your life lurking the Black Culture thread and participating in a hate forum brehs

I'm watching Arrow season 1.

Have every person that shows up on screen be super attractive brehs
Season 2 is great

Season 3 is 😞😞😞

Malyse

DreamCast was great if you like a handful of genres (mainly fighters). GameCube was great if you like Nintendo's aesthetic sans bullshit (cause let's be honest, the GameCube was the last Nintendo system that wasn't wAckY in some ironically profitable way). Depending on what you wanted, both were good showings, with a slight edge to GC because it ended up inheriting some of DC's stuff. Oh and 2 Metroids, 2 Zeldas, 2 Marios (of a sort), and Melee.

JLynn

I just do not understand how GAF holds the Gamecube in such high regard. Circa 2003 everybody on the internet hated that system. I stuck by it during those years and even I can look back and see its library for what it was. Hell, I'm looking at around 40 Gamecube games on my shelf right now -- almost every game on the system worth playing.

You know what happened? The Wii happened. Nintendo played the powers game with the GC (The GC in more than a few areas trumped the original Xbox), And yet people ignored it for the Halo box (This is where the Nintendo is doomed memes came from) and those who had the GC used it as a Smash Bros. machine. Then Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine came out and the gaming press went fuck Nintendo for not giving us OoT 2 and Mario 64 2 and online gaming. Nintendo was like fuck you guys and your murder simulators, we're focusing on the non gamers. Since third parties abandoned the GC ship Nintendo felt the GC's capabilities were untapped; it still had some woof in it. They tightened up the GPUs and PPUs and put it in a tiny white box called the Wii and made games that were not "core" centric.

And it worked.

Now you got the core gamers with they overheating 360s and their no game having PS3s going "I LOOVE the GameCube! See?! Metroid Prime is a masterpiece, Wind Waker is a work of art! RE4 is perfect!!" While Prime and Wind Waker sold more than a million worldwide each RE4 bombed to the point Capcom ported it on the PS2, then the Wii, then the PS3, then the Xbox 360, hell, there's IOS ports of it! I notice this ever since the Wii dropped and I always wonder what could have been if the core audience paid more attention to the GC and less to the Xbox.

Shy

Damm. Beef. First ban of the year. :(
I hate you all and I'm still here. It's like hell.
0AEdR8q.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
As someone who transitioned from only owning a Dreamcast to only owning a Gamecube and thus had to scrape the bottom of the barrel of each library, the Dreamcast had more to play on it.

Neither of them had a Playstation library (what else did back then?), but the Gamecube had Nintendo's first party lineup and a few Japanese third party crumbs, while the Dreamcast had possibly SEGA's most varied and creative first party lineup ever along with a monstrous lineup of ports from what was basically the last great era of Japanese arcade games. I mean shit, just look at fighting games alone. The Dreamcast had Garou, Last Blade 2, Marvel 1 and 2, 3rd Strike, Soul Calibur, DOA2, and probably some other shit. The sole crown jewels of FG gaming on the Cube were Melee and Soul Calibur 2. Oh, and those three Mortal Kombat games most people don't like. You wanna know what 2D fighting games the Cube had? Capcom vs SNK 2 EO. That was it. I know. The Nintendo Power magazine advertisement for that shit pointed out the fact that it was the first Capcom fighter on a Nintendo console since the SNES version of Alpha 2.

If you're telling me there are more games worth playing on the Dreamcast, I'm gonna have to say naw.

Malyse

RIP Beef. Tell Silky and ****_ I said hi. And go fight for your good name on gamefaqs, you ain't gotta take them shots.
Damn, I don't know how JC does it. I got morals though. I've got no clue how long Beef is banned for :3
Oh you gave up already? I wanted to have more fun. 😕

Fine. It's two weeks.

Top Bottom