• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Payed for people to see the movie, offered in the thread.

He's aware that Joker is overrated and he's got to let everyone know how cool Superman is.

It's so misguided and awful. Not to mention petty.

I offered someone a ticket (note the singular noun, not plural) on the condition they'd post a detailed review. It wasn't because I enjoyed the movie (and wanted others to see it), but rather due to the context of the ridiculous hyperbole in the thread at the time. Granted, it's an odd thing to do. But the way people refer back to this makes it seem like I was handing tickets to people on the street.

Kreed

You're the Anti-Raven Symone!

I'm like 28 on the JC skin chart so I couldn't pull a nublack even if I wanted to. I was hoping I'd discover my "ancestral country/region" in Africa and instead ended up feeling like Captain Planet (the majority of my DNA comes from different parts of Africa though but with pieces of the rest of the continents minus Antarctica).

http://thesource.com/2016/01/13/sex...loe-goins-releases-bill-cosby-rap-diss-track/

Shy

I'm like 28 on the JC skin chart so I couldn't pull a nublack even if I wanted to. I was hoping I'd discover my "ancestral country/region" in Africa and instead ended up feeling like Captain Planet (the majority of my DNA comes from different parts of Africa though but with pieces of the rest of the continents minus Antarctica).
Was it expensive? i thought about doing it now and then.

JLynn

Did the 49ers really sign Chp Kelly?

lololololololol

Me: Guess who your team the 49ers hired?

Fiancée: Who?

Me: The Eagles former Head Coach Chip Kelly!

Fiancée: EWWW!

Me (After laughing heavily): Watch him get rid of the entire team, and accuse Colin of gangbangin like he did DeSean (Jackson)!

andthebeatgoeson

No, watch Chip still have some flaws but dramatically improve in other areas. As long as they don't give him control over personnel, he'll be fine. Infuriating but potentially better than what you have had. And still pine for Harbaugh.

But we had a bad GM before Chip and he was so bad, Chip, with no experience, got the job. Marcus Smith was so bad, the GM lost his job over it. Even with Fletcher Cox and Lane Johnson on the team. But Marcus Smith and Danny Watkins was enough. So, rein him in with a decent front office and I think he'll do great. Sure, he'll push the tempo and absolutely needs a decent QB and will infuriate you with 3 and outs but I still think he's a good pick and blame some of the Eagles problems on their owner and front office.

At this point, it's not just the coaches. Lurie is closer to Dan Snyder than he has ever been and I wonder if we'll ever win a championship with him. He's not close to Snyder but he is moving in that direction. We would still have to pass the browns, the jags, the cowboys and a few others. But I don't think people feel confident with Lurie making decisions.

Firing Chip a week before the end of the season seems like a ploy to blame chip and not Howie Roseman wasting two number draft picks in 5 years, nor handling the GM situation in any way. What part of Coach and GM fighting over responsibilities screams good leadership or well thought out plan being executed? This season was terrible but most GMs or people in the front office wanted to stay away from Philly when Chip was trying to bring someone in. He couldn't hire anyone; the Philadelphia Eagles are top 10 in value, worth over a billion. Always have cap space. Seems like a great opportunity. And everyone knew it was a clusterfuck from a million miles away.

Chip has his problems and he needs to evolve as a coach but he has some upside. And they are thinking of bringing in Doug Pederson. I don't feel excited. Maybe he's decent. Or maybe he's a first time coach with some issues. Which puts us on a 5 year timeline.

andthebeatgoeson

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171028

giphy.gif

Sorry, fell asleep. But nah, if I'm remembering right the weirdest situation getting a girl (I was in a mainly friends-with-benefits relationship on and off for about three years in high school, but that's a story for another day) was meeting this girl through a friend who apparently had this long-distance relationship / penpal and things were going south between the two, so her and I got together for about a month or so because he had stopped talking to her. She didn't have a car but she stayed over at my place twice, and it was more or less a 50-mile drive one way (meaning getting her there and back cost like half my tank) but eventually her "ex" got back in touch with her saying some bullshit like his parents had destroyed his phone or something.

I have too many dude stories to recall where I could have died, but if we're talking expressly with the intent of developing a relationship out of it, then it was probably when this dude I met online and I talked for a week, we went to see, like, a Wednesday afternoon showing of Prisoners (I suggested it because it was the longest movie running at the time) and the projector was busted or something so we got free tickets for a future use and they fixed the projector after like 30 mins. Anyways, point is that we were fucking standing up, top row of the theater because it was completely dead. Which isn't really a story on its own, except later on during that date we also fucked in a Best Buy bathroom. The next / last date we got sushi or something and got a hotel room in Pensacola (both of us lived about an hour away, but in opposite directions) and I had never done anything like that before (I think I had just turned 19 at the time) so that was kind of a weird experience. The morning after he took me to some local coffee franchise that was suuuuuper Christian and right next to a big Christian college and then at that point he was expressing some reluctance to do any PDA and I was starting to get some general "he isn't going to call back" vibes from him, and sure enough he didn't. It's just bizarre to me because, like, if you're at a point where you know you're going to be doing gay shit in public, then why the fuck would you take someone to VeggieTales Cafe after?

What the wackest thing you did to get a girl?

Threw a house party at my apartment after getting a warning from the cops for the same thing a week earlier.

If not for one of my housemates being a) rich and b) related to some administrators at the school, those said cops would have made sure my academic year was fucked. Because we got caught again, and they all b-lined towards the black guy. Again.

Instead, I got laid... And had to clean up the hell unleashed in my apartment the next day. And those campus cops can kick rocks.

andthebeatgoeson

What the wackest thing you did to get a girl?

Smashed a nurse who's fiancee cheated on her. Smashed a couple of times and woke up to him banging on the door at 4 am. He knew I was in there; glad she hit the deadbolt. Her daughter from another one was sleep. He had assumed the daddy role and he was talking about how I was in there with his 'daughter' there asleep. That goes on for an hour in an apartment complex. Luckily, she's on the bottom floor and he's out front. She has a back door. Damn, as I type this, I'm finding more Ls. I almost forgot half this shit. She was kind of cute but was throwing thirst after being cheated on. I should have known.

So, after an hour, put my shit on and realize there's a back door escape. So, I slip out from there. But the dude was driving around the whole complex. So, I lay low in the bushes and go to my car after he calms down over another 30 minutes. I think he's a state trooper or something. Dude was calling my phone and everything.

And, once, tried to take her on a trip to DC. She says the day of, her sister was going to Virginia beach. I'm like, 'that's cool, we can do that.' Go there and cancel the hotel in DC. That's another L. Lost that deposit. We end up on the beach, not partying or anything.

And last time I smashed, tried to do her in the butt. She gives me the clapper. Got damn. I think she was hiding her bacterial strains in her butt. She said they mostly did anal sex. I think I smashed once or twice without a hat. But the butt try did me in. Or she was playing both angles.

I feel bad remembering that.

Why you got to bring up old shit?

Malyse

Smashed a nurse who's fiancee cheated on her. Smashed a couple of times and woke up to him banging on the door at 4 am. He knew I was in there; glad she hit the deadbolt. Her daughter from another one was sleep. He had assumed the daddy role and he was talking about how I was in there with his 'daughter' there asleep. That goes on for an hour in an apartment complex. Luckily, she's on the bottom floor and he's out front. She has a back door. Damn, as I type this, I'm finding more Ls. I almost forgot half this shit. She was kind of cute but was throwing thirst after being cheated on. I should have known.

So, after an hour, put my shit on and realize there's a back door escape. So, I slip out from there. But the dude was driving around the whole complex. So, I lay low in the bushes and go to my car after he calms down over another 30 minutes. I think he's a state trooper or something. Dude was calling my phone and everything.

And, once, tried to take her on a trip to DC. She says the day of, her sister was going to Virginia beach. I'm like, 'that's cool, we can do that.' Go there and cancel the hotel in DC. That's another L. Lost that deposit. We end up on the beach, not partying or anything.

And last time I smashed, tried to do her in the butt. She gives me the clapper. Got damn. I think she was hiding her bacterial strains in her butt. She said they mostly did anal sex. I think I smashed once or twice without a hat. But the butt try did me in. Or she was playing both angles.

Why did dude have your number though?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dang sub that is pretty scandalous. Most public place I ever smashed was in a sex shop changing room for like 5 mins then stopped cus it was too suspect.

Trey

KXV2JOt.gif

Slayven

They spent so long trying to work the human angle with Doomsday's inner nice star killer looking dude too
Show should have ended way before they got to him

Yeah the Doomsday plot was just hot garbage. Who ever thought it would be interesting to humanize him needs to stop writing.

Numb

Yeah the Doomsday plot was just hot garbage. Who ever thought it would be interesting to humanize him needs to stop writing.

Romance that was just there so he could get dumped and corrupt this angelic EMT
Dude always was on the verge of tears lol

Numb

I lost my virginity to her, and we dated for a few months.

My biggest L was about 3 years ago at movement my City's Electronic music festival. I followed this girl around all day like a lovesick puppy, only to learn she only liked me as a friend but two of her homegirls really liked me and each other and would have made my night.

Still doesn't feel right. Reading and watching it all should have been enough
Going deep into emo culture i can't imagine. Must been an experience

Malyse

Where's Garnett Lee at to promote for them?

Working for Amazon last I knew. But funded in 2012, first release in 2013 and not finished by 2016? That's a bad look. I was thinking about picking it up soon cause I thought it was done by now. I thought for sure the Steam release was the full package.

Mizerman

Well then...

shingi70

Banned
Still doesn't feel right. Reading and watching it all should have been enough
Going deep into emo culture i can't imagine. Must been an experience

I went to three Warped Tours, and in general thought Trapt, Red Jump Suit apartus, Skillet, and Flyleaf were good bands. I had other friends who kept me from diving all the way in (A guy two grades above me let me tag along when his sister went to see Nerd and Common in concert.), but I was pretty insufferable I dressed like an emo kid, had a ton of fake self loathing, and talked like Peter from Heroes.

They spent so long trying to work the human angle with Doomsday's inner nice star killer looking dude too
Show should have ended way before they got to him

Thing is idk when the show would have ended. It went through so many good plot points and highs in metropolis and had shit when it was still in smallville.

I get the slightest hint of emo subculture around me and I get irritated. The sex must've been good lol.

FyreWulff

relative served in the gulf (Bush 1's war), got sick from what they used in the gulf to the point that he ended up in a wheelchair, the military fucked up his medical paperwork and said he never served in the gulf, he went back and dropped mountains on evidence that he worked in the gulf, and they came back and said it wasn't enough evidence to overturn their paperwork error.

w t f

Numb

I went to three Warped Tours, and in general thought Trapt, Red Jump Suit apartus, Skillet, and Flyleaf were good bands. I had other friends who kept me from diving all the way in (A guy two grades above me let me tag along when his sister went to see Nerd and Common in concert.), but I was pretty insufferable I dressed like an emo kid, had a ton of fake self loathing, and talked like Peter from Heroes.
lol
Also lots of music
Thing is idk when the show would have ended. It went through so many good plot points and highs in metropolis and had shit when it was still in smallville.

I get the slightest hint of emo subculture around me and I get irritated. The sex must've been good lol.
Around the last few seasons i could have stopped at any time
By the moment Lex was gone is when it started for me

Top Bottom