• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

e5CkcZN.gif

Why can't we just have this day? Just one day.

Zekes!

yo...can anyone recommend good products that deal with frizz? I figured I'd ask here 'cause the Men's Hair thread is mostly white dudes with undercuts. I got them loose curls and it's always been a pain. Growing up I was always envious of other mixed kids with nappy hair (like my brother). My curls can look luscious, but I just gotta find a way to consistently deal with the frizz. Already switched up my shampoo and conditioner which helped, but I've been looking for a good leave-in conditioner or something.

I know i asked this night, sorry.

Will any of you guys be picking up the division. And if so on what. ?

I'll be going for the PC version. The setting and story seem dull as hell (on this front, the Tom Clancy game I'm more excited for is GR: Wildlands). But I like what I'm seeing of the gameplay. Since Destiny on PC is taking it's sweet time, I'll use this to fill the gap and see if I'm down for that style of game

Am I a terrible person if this Star Wars fanart (Source) gives me the vapors?

There are very few notable villianesses I feel nowadays. Maybe I'm wrong?

That's such a small part of that game though and doesn't define in any way. Though I guess it was a hill some people died on (I kind of stayed out of most of those threads).

EDIT: Apparently there is a state holiday in Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas where they celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday (the Confederate General) on the same day they celebrate it on MLK day. GROSSSSSSSSSS :(

I love that art. I've been combing Tumblr for a lot of kick ass SW TFA art.

And I don't deny that that part of X didn't define it the same way that Vita jerk off game had it's defining features did but yeah. Some people were all about seeing that girl in a more revealing bikini.

Don't even get me started on that Lee Day shit. All I know is, as I start traveling more and more outside TX, I have a tally of which states to stay the hell away from.

Yeah I think I'm done with arguing with people who want to time table when desperate minorities are free to plead with others to earn some humanity. Civil disobedience is honorable when we want to remember the founding fathers, funny when white hillbillies use it to justify poking at the government, yet a "disgusting" display when citizens in fear for their own lives use it to draw attention to their grievances. As said multiple times in that thread, BLM can't win. They've been on the roads and been called monsters stomping on MLKs grave, moved from the streets to the neighborhoods and been pelted with tear gas and moved from the neighborhoods to the front gates of the PDs only to be shot at by some gung ho white nationalists. And everywhere in between, the media pretty much struggles to ignore them. Yet the people asking for people to protest the right way rarely have an answer as to why on freaking MLK day almost 50 years later, people still have to protest at all. MLK truly knew how moderates not even born yet would act.

Shy

Not gonna lie..that thread does have me laughing, as stupid as motherfuckers can be. February can't come and go soon enough..

Care to elaborate?

Apparently it either had to do something with money or how Will acted towards her she never really clears that up. Either way Will was probably an ass and got kicked off the show for creative differences.

She's been back and forth with forgiving Will and hating his guts and at this point its tiring.

andthebeatgoeson

I agree with you

It shows how much I evidently get into their heads without trying. Small minds, and nothing else going on can do that.

Post that video, I've been looking for the link.

It's an MLK miracle!

This is so damn true that I've conditioned myself to do it before they do now..lol. How fucked is that..
Do the same. Hit black people with the Obama and others with the barely see ya. It's a defensive mechanism

Slayven

When you're trying to justify unjustifiable outrage, you must go to outrageous lengths

I read this post in Morgan Freeman Ken Burns voice.

Post that video, I've been looking for the link.

Do the same. Hit black people with the Obama and others with the barely see ya. It's a defensive mechanism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-82Bcanamuw
Yeah she should go back to beefing with the Real Housewives crew.

So I just noticed that some of the Bernie Bunch are the ones in the BLM threads posting nonsense about the proper ways to protest. I thought they wanted a revolution though

When you're trying to justify unjustifiable outrage, you must go to outrageous lengths

Yep. This recent topic along with the Trump supporters are human thread from a few days back has shown me how much more people care about not making waves than actual strife and its sources. People believe too strongly in the power of a kind word and a reasonable time point to ask for what you want in a battle so much more insidious than they can comprehend. They use tactics to convince themselves more than others that "this rude, unreasonable way to seek freedom from your oppression is doing just as much damage as your oppressors." Even though untrue, they make up hypothetical scenarios, empathize more with people witnessing the protest than the protesters and reduce the oppressed from a desperate force put upon by corrupt forces (that they acknowledge exist) to a bunch of whiners singly to keep believing the the power of being prim and proper being the best way to make yourself heard. And this wish for a respectable form of revolution is doubly intense when it comes to those people that are socially seen as "uppity".

Gattsu25

Banned
Yeah she should go back to beefing with the Real Housewives crew.
She's right, though. Up and coming black actors shouldn't be required to put their careers on the line to fix a systemic injustice when they are operating in a system that wouldn't bat an eye if they were made to be pariahs.

The actual influencers in the acting sphere are predominately white and, if anyone should be expected to stop taking on public engagements for this cause, it should be them. They'll be impacted the least and have the loudest voices in the industry.

Edit: Took some digging but I've said similar things before.

Why don't we like Bernie Sanders again?

I'm personally still a big fan of the man. If I was asked to pick the dem candidate or prez at this moment, I'd still go for Bernie and not much will change that. A whole lot of people are severely turned off by his base though particularly the white men stands who believe he's the second coming and have been known to be very fair weather when it comes to supporting policies minorities are interested in depending on the enthusiasm said minorities show to him. His base can definitely be annoying in the fact that some of them believe that his showing of decency toward minority rights means he should automatically get their respect and votes, but I don't consider them much. All I know is that among the slate of people trying to control the free world, he's the least worst, dare I say, best option.

akira28

Why don't we like Bernie Sanders again?

I like him.

Some of his "vocal support" is working against him though. Hell, who knows, they may be doing it to sink his chances. Just like how the one guy took it upon himself to re-access the Clinton files, and its questionable where he really comes from.

I like him.

Some of his "vocal support" is working against him though. Hell, who knows, they may be doing it to sink his chances. Just like how the one guy took it upon himself to re-access the Clinton files, and its questionable where he really comes from.

Yeah, for some reason a lot of vocal Sanders supporters seem...off. The man himself is all right.

Danganronpa 1 & 2 on PC news has made a frustrating MLK day so much better.

So you didn't learn about how MLK would address issues today? Nor did you learn that you need to listen to your betters on all political issues? I learned that some people would rather see the world burn than not get their way. Also, I heard about an uncle Tom dog whistle for the first time. Who even knew those existed.

Oh I learned a lot about other people for certain. Some things I definitely wish I hadn't learned. Also learned MLK had a niece.

How did I miss the last part?

So you didn't learn about how MLK would address issues today? Nor did you learn that you need to listen to your betters on all political issues? I learned that some people would rather see the world burn than not get their way. Also, I heard about an uncle Tom dog whistle for the first time. Who even knew those existed.

Oh I learned a lot about other people for certain. Some things I definitely wish I hadn't learned. Also learned MLK had a niece.

How did I miss the last part?

Actually didn't learn that on Neogaf

Top Bottom