• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Season 3 is good but I wasn't a fan of the cast being split up,
and the inhumansand atcu taking a backseat to hydra.
About the spoiler..you might want to watch this to its entirety to understand where things are coming from and what the big picture is. You probably won't like it, buy it's something they've established years ago. 📺 is going to be stretched, and needs to follow the films. There no way around it..

RedSwirl

Sigh...

Look...

I've had arguments with anime avatars about this shit. Honestly, I don't even get worked up about the shit that's in anime anymore. I just glance past it and move on. But some of these people fiercely defending it need to realize above all else how limited its appeal is. They need to stop being surprised that most people on GAF or other forums are put off by titles like "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute." Maybe a lot of that shit does have well-written characters and stories with deep meanings beyond just titillation, but anime avatars need to realize the imagery on the cover is gonna put most people off. That shit is marketed at an extremely specific subset of people in Japan. People on other countries shouldn't even logically be into it. It's like foreign film appreciation, but even more niche. Instead of realizing that I got people asking why Xenoblade X and The Fruit of Grisaia aren't being mentioned in GOTY awards, or why the uncensored version of the latter isn't on Steam.

akira28

but see. most people would say "my little sister can't be this cute" and not be thinking about sex in any way. Its this gross internet filter that everything gets run through that has all that sick shit people used to giggle in their little corners about in the past.

Hoped before that it had stayed on the internet, but that's not happening, internet has already left its mark on our culture.

but see. most people would say "my little sister can't be this cute" and not be thinking about sex in any way. Its this gross internet filter that everything gets run through that has all that sick shit people used to giggle in their little corners about in the past.

Hoped before that it had stayed on the internet, but that's not happening, internet has already left its mark on our culture.
Not gonna blame the internet for that one. What do I know? I'd eat your face..

Malyse

Sigh...

Look...

I've had arguments with anime avatars about this shit. Honestly, I don't even get worked up about the shit that's in anime anymore. I just glance past it and move on. But some of these people fiercely defending it need to realize above all else how limited its appeal is. They need to stop being surprised that most people on GAF or other forums are put off by titles like "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute." Maybe a lot of that shit does have well-written characters and stories with deep meanings beyond just titillation, but anime avatars need to realize the imagery on the cover is gonna put most people off. That shit is marketed at an extremely specific subset of people in Japan. People on other countries shouldn't even logically be into it. It's like foreign film appreciation, but even more niche. Instead of realizing that I got people asking why Xenoblade X and The Fruit of Grisaia aren't being mentioned in GOTY awards, or why the uncensored version of the latter isn't on Steam.
Apropos of nothing, I think Xenoblade X was one of the best open world games of last year.

But I pretty much agree with the rest. I have a saying:

Being problematic doesn't mean you can't like something, but liking something doesn't make it not problematic.

Too many people can't separate the two.

Also My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute is one of my "gonna fuck with you" anime recs, along with Madoka and School Days.

I know i asked this night, sorry.

Will any of you guys be picking up the division. And if so on what. ?
Asking? Twice!?

black-dynamite-you-done-fucked-up-now.gif

akira28

Not gonna blame the internet for that one. What do I know? I'd eat your face..

I never heard of incest jokes and pedophilia references and basically 4chan fodder being on repeat 24 hours a day before the year 2000. I mean I remember rotten.com and stileproject and ebaumsworld and stuff like that which eventually became 4chan. But it was isolated and ridiculed. Now its all infiltrated into all the memes, its all a part of internet history. Pedobear is an icon that will outlive every single one of us.

I've always wanted a black jedi to headline Star Wars. Childhood dream of mine. I'd be fine if he and Rey both had it. Finn is a koo character in his own right. He just isn't my childhood dream on the screen

We still have Ep 8 hope.

Y'all it's about to get real. They talking about 25+ inches (63cm) of snow come Friday morning.

Son, black people aren't supposed to live where that much snow falls. I give Esco a pass, but damn.

Crocodile

Sigh...

Look...

A) HolyBaikal and Arcadius were always coucou for CoCo-Puffs. They were never reasonable human beings (at least the persona they expressed on GAF) or representative of anything but themselves LOL

B) Why is Xenoblade X being grouped with "stereotypical Vita game X"?

Africanus

I really love seeing the hypocrisy touted out on MLK Day.
VBbTZiH.png

And not just by politicians. Fellow peers who just yesterday were saying that the U.K. banning Donald Trump would be racist against him, or that they can't understand why Black Lives Matter are all of a sudden tweeting or what have you for social media about MLK's "true vision" along with posting the same tired images of his more famous quotes.

It's tiring when one sees the facade.

Crocodile

Am I a terrible person if this Star Wars fanart (Source) gives me the vapors?

tumblr_o0sz1gL6RL1u8q2rjo2_1280.png

There are very few notable villianesses I feel nowadays. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm assuming because of the whole 13-year old in a swimsuit issue from a few months ago

That's such a small part of that game though and doesn't define in any way. Though I guess it was a hill some people died on (I kind of stayed out of most of those threads).

EDIT: Apparently there is a state holiday in Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas where they celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday (the Confederate General) on the same day they celebrate it on MLK day. GROSSSSSSSSSS :(

Top Bottom