• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Makes my day

Funny about that, he can promise ranibows and kittens but when race come up "slow down we got to be real here"

Once the living wage is established, race will go away. Sounds eerily similar to the whole "chicken in every pot" spiel

Reparations are impossible, but he'll be able to get big money out of pilitics when every politician in DC is getting their pockets lined.
camby.png

They shouldn't have to pay for something their ancestors did. They've progressed to the point that they can only see the wrongs of the economy.
Slavery is one of the greatest economic crimes of all time

jmood88

The reaction to reparations (and any other idea that is black-centric) by white liberals is exactly why I've never fucked with other liberals like that. They're just as racist as republicans but just bother dressing that racism up a little better.

Slayven

The reaction to reparations (and any other idea that is black-centric) by white liberals is exactly why I've never fucked with other liberals like that. They're just as racist as republicans but just bother dressing that racism up a little better.

They can't even shrug and go "whatever".

East Lake

Reparations are impossible, but he'll be able to get big money out of pilitics when every politician in DC is getting their pockets lined.
camby.png
Don't see Bernie, Obama, or ta-nehisi arguing for help with families of Obama's racist drone strike campaign.
camby.png

Malyse

Palin endorsed Trump. Palin is the Tea Party sweetheart. Cruz just took a massive L. Trump is now your republican nominee.

ApharmdX

Banned

I've been raised around white liberals all my life, shit my mom is a white liberal. They aren't just as racist as the right (who is? you're talking about a subset that includes the KKK and other hate groups!) but they are just as ignorant when it comes to perspective on white privilege. There are just certain things white Americans, no matter how liberal, really can't bring themselves to understand.

jmood88

I've been raised around white liberals all my life, shit my mom is a white liberal. They aren't just as racist as the right (who is? you're talking about a subset that includes the KKK and other hate groups!) but they are just as ignorant when it comes to perspective on white privilege. There are just certain things white Americans, no matter how liberal, really can't bring themselves to understand.
I've also spent much of my life around white liberals and I've seen how firsthand how there is a not insignificant number who fear black people and believe that we are inferior. Even if they're nice about it sometimes, the belief that many black people don't know what's good for them and that they need the guiding hand of a nice, well-meaning white man isn't all that much better than the things that racist republicans believe. I've heard Americorps co-workers talk about how they can't trust the people they're supposed to be helping because they'll steal, I've heard my classmates, who will be future public health professionals, talk about how black people have poor health outcomes simply because they're too dumb to know what food to eat. There was a white teacher at a school I worked at who told my supervisor that my body language made her nervous (when I literally just stood there looking at her). Like I said, racist white liberals dress up their racism better but it's still right there and they don't get a pass from me.

Reparations talk is funny because people talk about how it would destroy the economy-which wouldn't exist as it is without black blood.

Country's too far gone anyway, just chalk it up as a sunset empire and watch old Chappelle

Why would they even do that kind of a segment?
To prove a sad point..can't blame him. Appreciate it, honestly. Look at half the fuckboys on here (site) that invoke his name, yet don't know shit about him..
Reparations talk is funny because people talk about how it would destroy the economy-which wouldn't exist as it is without black blood.

Country's too far gone anyway, just chalk it up as a sunset empire and watch old Chappelle
Best not to find out..make it a Schrödinger's Black scenario..

someday

Banned
One of my best friends is a white liberal and he's so liberal he's all for opening the borders and letting everyone in since we have more than enough for everyone. But, mention white male privilege and he gets massively defensive. I think it's more the male part than the white part that gets him though.

Enzom21

One of my best friends is a white liberal and he's so liberal he's all for opening the borders and letting everyone in since we have more than enough for everyone. But, mention white male privilege and he gets massively defensive. I think it's more the male part than the white part that gets him though.

Show him this and tell him to stop being ridiculous: https://youtu.be/aFG4Qi3orAE

LionPride

Banned
I'm kinda happy to know white liberals who understand their privilage. Hell,I recently got some friends of mine to realize white feminism is a thing along with how white LGBT parades tend to be. I'll chalk it up to the internet actuallh helping people

someday

Banned
Show him this and tell him to stop being ridiculous: https://youtu.be/aFG4Qi3orAE

I could try that. His mother has argued with him, his sister, again more about male privilege less than white, and I've argued with him about all of it. It was the most frustrating and eye-opening argument I'd ever had. I was stunned that deep down, he was just as backwards as all the rest. We didn't speak for months because I couldn't look at him.

That video is amazing. Wow.

Top Bottom