• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Yeah I like the idea, but it couldn't keep my attention. Don't hate it, just not my thing
Yeah. Guess that's me.
Well did you answer her?
LOL
Turn that girl into an Asian woman and that's slayvens ultimate fantasy
giphy.gif

Enzom21

Has anyone heard of Hans J. Massaquoi

Growing Up as a Black Kid in Nazi Germany
black-nazi-brais-iglesias-castro-929-body-image-1453214113.jpg

Germany's black population during the Nazi period was negligible – a few hundred, maybe a few thousand at most, among 65million people. Massaquoi was the grandson of the Liberian Consul in Germany, so his family was granted immunity, and he could live among Aryan children while anyone else considered by the Nazis to belong to an "inferior race" began to suffer the effects of Hitler's repressive, xenophobic policies.

The nightmare had only just started. First, a notice placed in the swings of a park said "non-Aryan" kids were not allowed to play there. After that, teachers from the school, who were of Jewish origin, began to disappear. But it wouldn't be until young Massaquoi visited the Hamburg zoo that the emotional connection he felt towards Nazism was cut. Inside the zoo, in a cage placed outdoors, among the animals, he discovered an African family being laughed at and teased by the crowd. Massaquoi had been just another kid fearfully approaching the cage, until somebody stood out from the crowd, pointed at him and yelled: "They've had a child." That was the first time he had been the subject of public scorn.

Malyse

Agent Carter had more black extras on screen than any other scene in the MCU.

----

My mom is asking this poor girl for a picture to show me. 😰

Gattsu25

Banned
So we can't even pull people out of burning trucks without people rolling their eyes? It's like they noticed that the Ain't Shit gauge is low and they have to refill it.

After seeing two cats recreate Emma Watson and Anne Hathaway in it I thought that shit dope I could try doing some black celebrities or myself, but nahhh, that shit ain't happening.
I never really try to create a specific person in those things. I just mess with the tools and the first thing I find that looks interesting I tend to stick with and try to make something work.

Dragon's Dogma is one of the few games so have a semi-sorta-semi-decent afro, at least.

Gattsu25

Banned
I was really disappointed in Dragon's Dogma hair selection. Although to be fair, i've never found a game where i can have my hair. :(

That's why I qualified it so much. It, like all the other options in DDAA, is blocky and could use a better texture but I think it's the best looking hairstyle in that entire game and it looks good when you're controlling your character :\

What type of hair are you working with?

harSon

Banned
Suicide Squad is the business ya'll

Not sure what to think about Wonder Woman yet though. Still not convinced Gal Gadot won't suck the life out of the film, but I'll reserve judgement until we see a proper trailer.

LionPride

Banned
Suicide Squad is the business ya'll

Not sure what to think about Wonder Woman yet though. Still not convinced Gal Gadot won't suck the life out of the film, but I'll reserve judgement until we see a proper trailer.
It comes out in 2017 right? Suicide Squad looks great, I hope it at least matches Man of Steel in terms of quality

Top Bottom