• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Kreed

You fuckers get me the weirdest PMs.

LOL my bad. I forgot HeySeuss was a real cop when I made my original post.

I don't understand what the big fuss is about today. Lewis goes way back with the Clintons. He endorsed Hillary in 08 before his district went for Obama heavy and he changed that endorsement. Obviously he was going to endorse Hillary again; it's not likely to be a repeat of his district going against her this time.

At the same time, John Lewis was one of the Big Six leaders. He spoke at the March on Washington. Sanders was just some college kid who was there at some events in support of the civil rights cause, not a major figure. Is it any surprise that, in a crowd of a quarter-million people, Lewis didn't see him?

Seems like manufactured controversy and hype to me. Lewis doesn't owe Bernie an endorsement, and him not meeting Sanders between 63-66 is a non-issue.

I can't "wait" until South Carolina votes. It's going to be "black people ruined gay marriage" all over again.

Enzom21

Just started reading some..holy shit. People need to lose teeth..

This is par for course with Sanders supporters though... especially when it comes to black people.

Just look at the racist with the anime avatar, talking about "The blacks are only voting for Clinton because they're ignorant."
A whole bunch of that "You dumb niggas don't what's good for you!" paternalistic bullshit.

As someone who is voting for Sanders I am almost to the point where I want him to lose because fuck them... almost.

akira28

This is par for course with Sanders supporters though... especially when it comes to black people.

Just look at the racist with the anime avatar, talking about "The blacks are only voting for Clinton because they're ignorant."
A whole bunch of that "You dumb niggas don't what's good for you!" paternalistic bullshit.

As someone who is voting for Sanders I am almost to the point where I want him to lose because fuck them... almost.

perfect storm of douchbaggery. it just so happens that sanders is just ronpaul-weird enough to attract the people who would have been PUMAs talking about Obama being unprepared or incapable becuse of reasons.

and those people never knew how to deal with minorities anyway. I would label them another product of modern political social media.

ApharmdX

Banned
I can't "wait" until South Carolina votes. It's going to be "black people ruined gay marriage" all over again.

White liberals have a weird, sometimes contentious relationship with us and our causes, for sure. I had forgotten all about the prop 8 thing, there was a lot of anger over that, just like there will be a lot of anger of the SC primary. I support Sanders but if he doesn't win SC or doesn't get every endorsement, that's fine. You're not going to win them all.

You know, I never went back and checked on prop 8, but that initial 70% number of black voters for the proposition was garbage, and we actually went for it about the same as Hispanics. Interesting. Blacks still lag in support of gay marriage sadly, but it's not as overblown as 70% against.

cdyhybrid

The thread about the columnist telling Bernie supporters what they need to stop doing turned out as expected.

People doing the very things mentioned in the article and/or pulling out the "B-but Hillary!" card.

Malyse

Had a day off, slept through most of it.

Depression is ass
wellbutrin.jpg

Though mine is only for 12 hours, not 24.

akira28

St Johns Wort is a light anti-D, they used to prescribe it to "melancholy children" back in the 18 century. That and natural endorphine creators like sunlight and exercise by will, or any physical exertion at leisure. You can get it for dollars at the vitamin store or a decent druggist.

or...prozac is cheap on the black market shiftyeyedog.gif

Is there a way for mods to ban posters from certain discussions?

Because man, there are some Bernie supporters in this forum that really need to be banned from talking about him.

Counterproductive as fuck.

Malyse

Nah, they don't even cover dental lol.

It's a weird taboo here, you just power through-kind of like how things similar things are handled in the black community.

I'll be better once winter's gone, I think. Take some days off and hit a southern island

Uneducated opinion, but you would think that a country in the top 10% for suicides would welcome stuff to stem the tide.

akira28

I like how the media assumed the Blacks were in for Hillary just because they were side eyeing Bernie.

They needed a horse race and an issue to manipulate the players over. People used to clown Hillary, and now suddenly Mrs. Clinton counts on the black community as a secret weapon voting bloc?

Uneducated opinion, but you would think that a country in the top 10% for suicides would welcome stuff to stem the tide.

Well that's part of it, the cutural issues compound the mental health stuff. Suicides are handled so casually here, it becomes more about where to send what bills than why they happen.

Malyse

Well that's part of it, the cutural issues compound the mental health stuff. Suicides are handled so casually here, it becomes more about where to send what bills than why they happen.
Different cultures and all, but sometimes I think the only country that could possibly be weirder than Japan is Moldova.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dude wants to fuck a cartoon rabbit.

MH doing the Mouse's good work.

Wow. I guess I shouldn't have asked. It's to be expected it was something like that or else it wouldn't have been deleted.

I'm guessing the thread for it was for that Zootopia movie? The Double Toasted video for that movie was pretty funny.

Bubba T

My boy just linked me to a video of a man who took off all his clothes and ran down the street full of traffic in St. Paul until the cops showed up and took him away. People are assuming he was high on Molly.

The most interesting part of the video was as the police were booking him some lady was taunting the cops.

cdyhybrid

My boy just linked me to a video of a man who took off all his clothes and ran down the street full of traffic in St. Paul until the cops showed up and took him away. People are assuming he was high on Molly.

The most interesting part of the video was as the police were booking him some lady was taunting the cops.
Molly doesn't make you do that unless you already wanted to.

Top Bottom