• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so can we talk about Batman?

batfcs38.gif

damn

JLynn

He did the Book of Ezekial AKA Uranage.

Saw Mattel's doing figures that's more accurate to the He-Man cartoon. The Lord answered my prayers.

And I found out
Deadpool doesn't do a Shoryuken in the movie.

:(

Slayven

Man playing through Naruto's final chapters in 2 hours instead of reading it over 2 years makes you realize......shit was bad....like really bad.

Eyes everywhere man, Kish has a eyes fetish.

Kreed

I have to admit, I never heard that excuse before. Well done.

I have and it's only used when, as Imm0r4l pointed out:

Lol

We're all Africans when it's convenient for you. Heaven forbid you're forced to reconcile your privilege with your imagined idea of living in a world that's post racial.

"Come on guys! We're all one people. No need to be divisive."

That said, I'm withholding judgement based on that article, cause it "looks" like they took something she said in response to a different question and made it into a crazy headline.

jmood88

so can we talk about Batman?

batfcs38.gif

damn
Like I said in the trailer thread, the Batman-only part was great, then the rest of it looked like a mid-90's action movie. I just really don't like superman, though, so I don't think there's anything that could be done to get me to enjoy the parts of the movie that feature him.

Malyse

A great BCT moment is when we were discussing SIMPtoms.

That sounds like the characteristics of a simp. So, you just described yourself to the thread?

-----

Enjoyed Hail, Caesar!, but I don't think it had much of a point. It was sort of a ok so what? type of movie; the winter equivalent of a summer popcorn film. I dunno. Maybe this is a Coen bros thing? Only the second film I've seen by them.

Knowing that Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is based on a true story completely alters my view of that movie. Also, Tina Fey certainly is doing a lot of movie work recently.

------

Stop expecting white actors to not disappoint you.

D i Z

The opening scene of that trailer had me wondering if Bats had been on the Bane juice. That last punch was physics defying. The rest of it looked light years better then the other trailers. But as someone else mentioned, it felt like the usual. I'd add it felt more of what is to be expected; if expectations are low based on previous DC and Snyder films.
One things for sure, there is a ton of stuff happening in this one film. It might suffocate itself being so packed.

HeySeuss

Hey I just wanted to touch base with you guys and let you know that I just about have my thread ready to post about trying to fix the police from inside. I posted a couple of weeks ago for feedback.

Is there any specific mods I should seek out to keep an eye on the thread so it doesn't go to shit?

Hey I just wanted to touch base with you guys and let you know that I just about have my thread ready to post about trying to fix the police from inside. I posted a couple of weeks ago for feedback.

Is there any specific mods I should seek out to keep an eye on the thread so it doesn't go to shit?

JC

Kreed

These three just finished their police academy training:

MHWilliams, XiaNaphryz, Funky Papa

I think they are more than ready for the task.

Kreed

By the way, since you might not get our sense of humor around here, by police academy I mean they are moderators now. They didn't actually complete police academy training. Although I wouldn't be surprised if MHWilliams was a police captain yelling at some rookie that doesn't respect the rules and won't work with a partner at some point.

D i Z

I completely blanked on giving you my two cents the other day, but now that you're here I was wondering at your own input about the ex L.A sheriffs Lee Baca and Tanaka. Specifically what you think can be done by any justice department that is so steeped in corruption, to repair an image publicly and historically proven to be untrustworthy.

I mean it's all good to talk about what the communities would like focus on to ease tensions on the ground level. But it's another thing when the off hand comments about cops being the biggest crooks just so happens to be true in so many instances. How do you address the micro trust issues and dynamics without tackling the macro?

Edit: Not something that I expect you to have an answer for. But it is something that might very well be circled around in your topic and you might want to set the stage for it before it gets out of hand.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I saw why John Lewis was trending on Twitter today. I want to punch every single BernieBro in the goddamn face, then I want to put a Hillary 2016 sticker on the scars.

HeySeuss

By the way, since you might not get our sense of humor around here, by police academy I mean they are moderators now. They didn't actually complete police academy training. Although I wouldn't be surprised if MHWilliams was a police captain yelling at some rookie that doesn't respect the rules and won't work with a partner at some point.

Shit...lol! That's why funky had no clue what I meant.

I saw why John Lewis was trending on Twitter today. I want to punch every single BernieBro in the goddamn face, then I want to put a Hillary 2016 sticker on the scars.
Why are some black people not voting for Bernie because of his supporters though? They are going after and writing articles about JOHN LEWIS. Hahahahahahaha

My issue is he's saying substantial things that are unsubstantiated. What I'd like to be accomplished, and what's realistically going to be accomplished are two different things. I could go up there and say I'm going to make it so that everyone working minimum wage is going to have a livable income - which is going to be $20+ an hour depending on where you live. How am I going to pay for that? I'm going to slash the defense budget considerably, close tax loop holes on corporations and make sure our millionaires/billionaires/corporations are paying their fair share. That's definitely a position I support, and it's legitimately possible from a financial standpoint, but is it realistically feasible?

I'm not going to give someone credit for selling me a utopia, when the backbone of their plan involves something as ridiculously arbitrary as a political revolution to shake up the political sphere.

Sorry this might bring up old discussion but I felt I should respond since I got a work call and had to split in the middle of this.

I'll level with you. Do I see a lot of what Bernie wants done going to happen? Probably not with the way America is currently.

These are things I want though, and I'm using what voice I have currently to push it in that direction. I'll never be able to match the contributions of corporations to Trump's Super PAC but I will throw my money in with the many others who donate to Bernie... Because who is really out for the best interest for the American people?

I feel like a lot of people feel burned when Obama was elected. He ran as a moderate who was progressive leaning but lots thought he was a progressive. And when his plans met reality they were a let down to some and because of that they feel being pragmatic is the right course forward. Not that you or anyone here feels that way.

Malyse

So.

RE: Fire Emblem Fastes
Today I learned that the homosexual S-Rank supports means you don't have kids. Meaning that lesbian Corrin misses out on her son and gay Corrin loses his daughter and the daughter of the guy he's with.

Oh Nintendo.

Though Kana is a dumb name.

ApharmdX

Banned

I don't understand what the big fuss is about today. Lewis goes way back with the Clintons. He endorsed Hillary in 08 before his district went for Obama heavy and he changed that endorsement. Obviously he was going to endorse Hillary again; it's not likely to be a repeat of his district going against her this time.

At the same time, John Lewis was one of the Big Six leaders. He spoke at the March on Washington. Sanders was just some college kid who was there at some events in support of the civil rights cause, not a major figure. Is it any surprise that, in a crowd of a quarter-million people, Lewis didn't see him?

Seems like manufactured controversy and hype to me. Lewis doesn't owe Bernie an endorsement, and him not meeting Sanders between 63-66 is a non-issue.

D i Z

why am I still reading twitter about this john lewis thing? Just makes madder

You might want to pace yourself, this is wave 1. They haven't even begun with the disrespect yet.

I don't understand what the big fuss is about today. Lewis goes way back with the Clintons. He endorsed Hillary in 08 before his district went for Obama heavy and he changed that endorsement. Obviously he was going to endorse Hillary again; it's not likely to be a repeat of his district going against her this time.

At the same time, John Lewis was one of the Big Six leaders. He spoke at the March on Washington. Sanders was just some college kid who was there at some events in support of the civil rights cause, not a major figure. Is it any surprise that, in a crowd of a quarter-million people, Lewis didn't see him?

Seems like manufactured controversy and hype to me. Lewis doesn't owe Bernie an endorsement, and him not meeting Sanders between 63-66 is a non-issue.

That's not the fantasy that these cats have concocted for this campaign. There were a lot of people at that rally. Doesn't mean that they were anybody of note, or even had time with anyone of note while there.
Closest thing to a metaphor for walking with Jesus as one could reasonable expect in this age and political climate.

why am I still reading twitter about this john lewis thing? Just makes madder
John Lewis squandered any honor earned in the civil rights movement by propping up Hillary Clinton - a reeking disgrace
John Lewis knows what he's doing. Anger the white voters who support Bernie to make his campaign look worse.
Hello @HillaryClinton I thought slavery was outlawed. Yet you've owned John Lewis since 1992. Please set him free.

Smh

HeySeuss

I completely blanked on giving you my two cents the other day, but now that you're here I was wondering at your own input about the ex L.A sheriffs Lee Baca and Tanaka. Specifically what you think can be done by any justice department that is so steeped in corruption, to repair an image publicly and historically proven to be untrustworthy.

I mean it's all good to talk about what the communities would like focus on to ease tensions on the ground level. But it's another thing when the off hand comments about cops being the biggest crooks just so happens to be true in so many instances. How do you address the micro trust issues and dynamics without tackling the macro?

Edit: Not something that I expect you to have an answer for. But it is something that might very well be circled around in your topic and you might want to set the stage for it before it gets out of hand.

That's hard to weed out for sure. Power corrupts many people, not just those with influence. I don't think you'll ever be able to erase that entirely. The temptation can be too great for some, which is something that person would be predisposed to doing based on their moral code. Better screening can help, but most cops don't get into the business to become dirty cops. They just get jaded over time.

Top Bottom