• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that one. Nothing would indicate that kind of support from her, one way or the other. BUT since she hasn't gone out of her way to clarify that, one could assume maybe NOT.
After the last go around? I've got a pretty clear idea about who she representing..
That was a general invitation? Seemed like you were calling for specifics and skipping the buckets full of plottin' niggas.
That's that Zimzam Flimflam!

akira28

she's a Hindu, of the Hindu religious majority in Sri Lanka, although she is a Tamil ethnic minority. Muslims are also an oppressed minority in Sri Lanka, Partially at the hands of the Tamils' most recently, as they were caught in the civil war between the Tamil and government forces. It looks like the Tamils killed a lot of Muslims in the war.

And she's not just speaking for "her people" she's not talking about Tamils, or Sri Lankans. she's talking about people in Palestine, people in Africa, people that aren't "her people" but are her people. She's trying to link to all oppressed people, including black lives, which she has a history of doing.

I mean, she came off awkward, but she's not as bad as you all are taking her to be.

ok, i'll hush.

OvovW1u.png

Yo where is that from? I've been trying to find gifs/videos of that for future usage.

Just bought my Civil War tickets. Barely gonna be able to contain this hype over the next two weeks.

Go out and see my movie, brehs. This is my big break. You could say I'm black panther's sidekick. I'll remember BCT-GAF when I've made my millions.

Set photo from Atlanta. Lol, I'm the dude all the way in the back in the orange and white. Not actually black panther's sidekick. Or anyone significant.

Dereck

Yo where is that from? I've been trying to find gifs/videos of that for future usage.
I made this smiley for some guy on the coli

It's from here
Just bought my Civil War tickets. Barely gonna be able to contain this hype over the next two weeks.

Go out and see my movie, brehs. This is my big break. You could say I'm black panther's sidekick. I'll remember BCT-GAF when I've made my millions.

Set photo from Atlanta. Lol, I'm the dude all the way in the back in the orange and white. Not actually black panther's sidekick. Or anyone significant.
You look bout' 6'5 my dude

she's a Hindu, of the Hindu religious majority in Sri Lanka, although she is a Tamil ethnic minority. Muslims are also an oppressed minority in Sri Lanka, Partially at the hands of the Tamils' most recently, as they were caught in the civil war between the Tamil and government forces. It looks like the Tamils killed a lot of Muslims in the war.

And she's not just speaking for "her people" she's not talking about Tamils, or Sri Lankans. she's talking about people in Palestine, people in Africa, people that aren't "her people" but are her people. She's trying to link to all oppressed people, including black lives, which she has a history of doing.

I mean, she came off awkward, but she's not as bad as you all are taking her to be.

ok, i'll hush.
Don't do that. If that's all it is, that state it as such. Perhaps help those who are defensive (on either side) to understand it. I know roy thinks this a horse Emporium, but it's more than that. Cindy runs hair. HTown runs physics. Slayven..runs his tongue up and down on it like groceries? I forget what she says.

Either way. No monoliths here. I had no clue who this woman was. I've gone out of my way to know her a little more. Certainly isn't a bag of shit. Doesn't mean she can't come of a little off. I say it's better that you're here giving your perspective, than to have nothing at all.

Shit..if militant Cindy got room in here, you know DAMN sure all cats are welcome..

giphy.gif

akira28

sorry Gordo, I'm a southern boy, I tend to say ya'll. I don't literally mean everyone, i did notice you hadn't commented thus far, I did not mean to imply a monolith or saying everyone was doing x.

Trey

You have a powerful "the hell is this white nonsense?" face going on, b.

sorry Gordo, I'm a southern boy, I tend to say ya'll. I don't literally mean everyone, i did notice you hadn't commented thus far, I did not mean to imply a monolith or saying everyone was doing x.

Nothing but love here. Just saying. Keep it going. There's certainly a conversation to be had. If you feel you've exhausted it, understood. But, again, I'm new to this person and her ranting. If those that know her stop talking, then all I have left to go on is the voice of those in opposition..

akira28

exactly my first though. 'what is this foolishness, get off of that car, that homemade costume looks horrible.'

Nothing but love here. Just saying. Keep it going. There's certainly a conversation to be had. If you feel you've exhausted it, understood. But, again, I'm new to this person and her ranting. If those that know her stop talking, then all I have left to go on is the voice of those in opposition..

same, I hear you. I got nothing I should go on about, unless anyone else has another coin to insert. and all that bread is terrible for both of you. let fluffy out of that sandwich.

you look like roy's plucky younger brother

D i Z

After the last go around? I've got a pretty clear idea about who she representing..

That's that Zimzam Flimflam!

With you 100% on that. Also, It's been months since that award show where she and a few others got some of that spotlight for the cause by calling out Rock. If they haven't used any of it, kept that publicity light shining on it, then oh well. Pimping new episodes of Agents and providing fan service must be taxing, cos that's all I see happening on that twitter account.

Did you get to keep the shirt?

That guy in front of you looks like black Wolverine.

With you 100% on that. Also, It's been months since that award show where she and a few others got some of that spotlight for the cause by calling out Rock. If they haven't used any of it, kept that publicity light shining on it, then oh well. Pimping new episodes of Agents and providing fan service must be taxing, cos that's all I see happening on that twitter account.

She was at the Red Carpet for Civil War..as pretty quiet. Sure went after that Ghost/Johansson casting AFTER tho..whatever..

exactly my first though. 'what is this foolishness, get off of that car, that homemade costume looks horrible.'

same, I hear you. I got nothing, unless anyone else has another coin to insert. and all that bread is terrible for both of you. let fluffy out of that sandwich.

We were a bunch of poor africans. Not about to let captain america get away with this white nonsense unnoticed.

(heh, IIRC I think I was just squinting because the sun was shining right in my eyes. it fits though)

You look bout' 6'5 my dude

Not quite. But Chris Evans was a bit shorter than me in the suit, which felt weird as fuck.

Did you get to keep the shirt?

Nah, had to give back all the clothes they provided.

That guy in front of you looks like black Wolverine.

Fox is letting Marvel do black versions of the X-Men. You heard it here first, fam.

Welp..you Shumway famous, homie. Daughter's face lit up when I said who you was lol. Congrats to you, brother. You do a lot of background acting or is this your first venture?

Mizerman

Hey, at least you were in a good movie.

Welp..you Shumway famous, homie. Daughter's face lit up when I said who you was lol. Congrats to you, brother. You do a lot of background acting or is this your first venture?

First rodeo, but I'm keeping my eye out for the Spider-man casting call since they're gonna be filming that in Atlanta, too.

They're making wakandans "poor Africans?"

Say it ain't so, Gordon.

Definitely not Wakandans. Nigerian, I believe.

Hey, at least you were in a good movie.

Yeah, no complaints here. Shit was a blast.

Shy

Congrats to you sir.
Let them Come!

Spoilers only get me more hype
Yeah, i really want to see this fucking movie so bad.

andthebeatgoeson

Dahell pt 2

I'm trying to add new blood to the BCT Twitter chat we got going... which includes members like *****_ (formerly known as "Retro_"), TheBlackMarvel, ViewtifulJC, Trey, Aya, Sub-Zero at a Starbucks, and permanent CPT member Moris of SLAENT fame.

Trust me, it's lit.

Where y'all at though?

Shy

Remember when folks tried to say wakanda was in AoU?
Yep, that always bugged the shit out of me. it's like people actively don't pay attention to what they're watching.

Even though in the film clearly said they're going to South Africa, i kept hearing people say it was in Wakanda.

I don't know shit about comics and it still annoyed me.

D i Z

Shit..I've been nice lol. Just messing, tho. Jean asks for spoilers everyday and I refuse to tell her. Shit should be experienced fresh. It really is a great flick..

You've been great. Was just remembering the BvS and SW conversations were it was impossible not to infer meaning from half spoilered sentences about very specific moments. I practically wheel scrolled past entire pages and still understood the majority of what was said without clicking a single spoiler. That Twitter chat is looking mighty appealing if I've got to drop out of frame...

jWILL253

Banned
Where y'all at though?

@jWILL253
@MorisSlaent
@barbershoptrey
@[redacted]
@[redacted]
@Brah_Of_Steel
@spindashing
@GotEmRunning
@MW_PanteraNera
@onemic
@madsanchez09
@tyrantraveomega
@ProfessorBeef
@todesignconquer
@ErrareAngelus
@GetOffMyLawn53
@gravitygauntlet
@BHZ_Mayor
@AyaisMUsikWhore
@Sunflower4000

TheFlow

Banned

bruh that is fucking awesome. any comments on the exp. did you get to talk to any of the actors?

You've been great. Was just remembering the BvS and SW conversations were it was impossible not to infer meaning from half spoilered sentences about very specific moments. I practically wheel scrolled past entire pages and still understood the majority of what was said without clicking a single spoiler. That Twitter chat is looking mighty appealing if I've got to drop out of frame...
What I've learned around here (GAF) is that if a movie is shat on enough, spoilers are absolutely fair game. One of my favorite threads from last year was the OT that no one, besides the OP, gave a shit about..it was Fan4stic! Folks arguing about low scores (while literally also giving it a low score within 2 sentences..just like BvS). Fan fiction. Ticket giveaways sponsored by Slayven and viewers like you! Thread had it all!

The BvS RT Thread was just on another level..and yet, it was a unique set of circumstances. I'm no soothsayer, but I can say without much doubt that the reviews are going to look juuust a bit different..PayPal be damned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom