• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

What does it look like. ?

Sorry for the dumb question.

wakandan-flag.jpg
s8j5HEI.jpg

D i Z

What I've learned around here (GAF) is that if a movie is shat on enough, spoilers are absolutely fair game. One of my favorite threads from last year was the OT that no one, besides the OP, gave a shit about..it was Fan4stic! Folks arguing about low scores (while literally also giving it a low score within 2 sentences..just like BvS). Fan fiction. Ticket giveaways sponsored by Slayven and viewers like you! Thread had it all!

The BvS RT Thread was just on another level..and yet, it was a unique set of circumstances. I'm no soothsayer, but I can say without much doubt that the reviews are going to look juuust a bit different..PayPal be damned!

Civy Wo' is going to be a celebration in here. I predict a freakin explosion. I'm really trying to get my mind around what this really means for those of us that have been waiting decades for this. As a collective. Panther has been personal for a lot of us, but never had much room for discussion out in the open and freely explored like this.

Trey

A great article on Tiger Woods as he faces the twilight of his career.

The sexual bravado hid his awkwardness around women. One night he went to a club in New York with Derek Jeter and Michael Jordan. Jeter and Jordan circulated, talking with ease to one beautiful woman after another. (Both declined to comment about the episode.) At one point, Tiger walked up to them and asked the question that lives in the heart of every junior high boy and nearly every grown man too.

"What do you do to talk to girls?"

Jeter and Jordan looked at each other, then back at Tiger, sort of stunned.

Go tell 'em you're Tiger Woods, they said.

bruh that is fucking awesome. any comments on the exp. did you get to talk to any of the actors?

The only actor I almost got to talk to was Frank Grillo, but that was because he came up and acknowledged us. Otherwise, there were about 200 other extras on the set at any given time (500-600 overall), so getting any of the big stars to even notice you for more than a second was pretty much impossible. Chris Evans would always head back to his tent as soon as his scenes were done, but he seemed chill. Scarlett Johanssen wasn't trying to fuck with the extras even a little bit, lmao. Anthony Mackie was also there, but they always had him up on the roof of a building or suspended on wires, so you couldn't really hang around him too much.

Overall, it was an awesome experience. The days were long (I was waking up at 5 a.m., leaving the set at 7:30 p.m.) and the weather was pretty rough (we had multiple extras dropping from heatstroke), meaning filming wasn't always a cakewalk, but it was still a fun time. And it's a cool feeling knowing you have inside knowledge about some shit millions of people are speculating about. If you ever have the opportunity to apply for a part on a movie like this, I'd highly recommend taking it.

D i Z

The only actor I almost got to talk to was Frank Grillo, but that was because he came up and acknowledged us. Otherwise, there were about 200 other extras on the set at any given time (500-600 overall), so getting any of the big stars to even notice you for more than a second was pretty much impossible. Chris Evans would always head back to his tent as soon as his scenes were done, but he seemed chill. Scarlett Johanssen wasn't trying to fuck with the extras even a little bit, lmao. Anthony Mackie was also there, but they always had him up on the roof of a building or suspended on wires, so you couldn't really hang around him too much.

Overall, it was an awesome experience. The days were long (I was waking up at 5 a.m., leaving the set at 7:30 p.m.) and the weather was pretty rough (we had multiple extras dropping from heatstroke), meaning filming wasn't always a cakewalk, but it was still a fun time. And it's a cool feeling knowing you have inside knowledge about some shit millions of people are speculating about. If you ever have the opportunity to apply for a part on a movie like this, I'd highly recommend taking it.

Was it you who had the story about Scarlett telling the crew that she didn't want to extras looking at her or something along those lines?

Just found out Prince died a little after I got off work almost three hours ago. RIP legend. Would listen to some of his music online, but last I remember it was hard to find any of his music online.

What a day. First thing I did when I got home was take my bra off, my shoes off, and rub my feet with shea butter.

Dios mio. Being on my feet walking all day from 8 am to 6:30 pm, lifting heavy shit.

Kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

tumblr_m1s8c0ZGXb1qzbqw1o1_400.gif

@jWILL253
@MorisSlaent
@barbershoptrey
@[redacted]
@[redacted]
@Brah_Of_Steel
@spindashing
@GotEmRunning
@MW_PanteraNera
@onemic
@madsanchez09
@tyrantraveomega
@ProfessorBeef
@todesignconquer
@ErrareAngelus
@GetOffMyLawn53
@gravitygauntlet
@BHZ_Mayor
@AyaisMUsikWhore
@Sunflower4000

@MrDoubleOU

@jWILL253
@MorisSlaent
@barbershoptrey
@[redacted]
@[redacted]
@Brah_Of_Steel
@spindashing
@GotEmRunning
@MW_PanteraNera
@onemic
@madsanchez09
@tyrantraveomega
@ProfessorBeef
@todesignconquer
@ErrareAngelus
@GetOffMyLawn53
@gravitygauntlet
@BHZ_Mayor
@AyaisMUsikWhore
@Sunflower4000
@feenixrising1

Shy

Y'all realize that neogaf doesn't tag users, right?

Or is this a GAF Gold feature? If so, why don't I have it?
Only a mod has the power to tag a user.

And they only do it when you make post (that they find funny, or becomes infamous/famous) or if you have a reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom