• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
i0IvAi0.jpg

Bubba T

I find it amusing that many people acknowledge Muhammad Ali as an icon, but gloss over the values he stood for outside of the ring that made him so polarizing.

What Roy got against New Jack Swing?!

I find it amusing that many people acknowledge Muhammad Ali as an icon, but gloss over the values he stood for outside of the ring that made him so polarizing.

It's because more often than not his "polarizing" views were on the right side of history. We studied him in a segment on history of war protests in university history class.

Imm0rt4l

What Roy got against New Jack Swing?!

It's because more often than not his "polarizing" views were on the right side of history. We studied him in a segment on history of war protests in university history class.

He's a big al b sure fan, so I'd imagine nothing. I think the point is just how much the coli brings the nigga out of him.

Slayven

Honestly, I don't understand how she still has black folks who defend her. How many times does she have to shit on both black men and women before they stop?

You can find people to defend anything especially on the internet, double on twitter

cdyhybrid

There's a 99% chance I immediately disregard everything someone is saying if they use the phrase "social justice warrior" unironically.

D i Z

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed it until Cargill talked on the subject of Swinton and then used the phrase social justice warrior. When he brought that up, it came across that he was being dismissive of people with real concerns.

There's a 99% chance I immediately disregard everything someone is saying if they use the phrase "social justice warrior" unironically.

I try not to outright dismiss a person who uses that term when they are talking about representation. It's tricky trying to parse what is meant when it is used, but more often than not I end up relying on context rather than the term itself. As loaded as it is today, it's still a relatively young turn of phrase even if it's misused so aggressively.
Maybe one day those with proper intent can claim it back, and do something about it being an effective hand wave mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom