• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try not to outright dismiss a person who uses that term when they are talking about representation. It's tricky trying to parse what is meant when it is used, but more often than not I end up relying on context rather than the term itself. As loaded as it is today, it's still a relatively young turn of phrase even if it's misused so aggressively.
Maybe one day those with proper intent can claim it back, and do something about it being an effective hand wave mechanic.

There's a proper intent?

D i Z

There's a proper intent?

Not for the term itself, but for people who are actively building towards various social changes without being hand waved behind a legion of the ill informed or ill prepared doing real damage to their platforms with misinformation and misconduct. Actual activism and organization.

Imm0rt4l

There's a 99% chance I immediately disregard everything someone is saying if they use the phrase "social justice warrior" unironically.
Same
There's a proper intent?
Apparently there is but I don't buy it. I almost always disregard someone when they use the term. But even my friends with progressive sensibilities say that there is a distinction between them and sjw's, sjw's are apparently more zealous or something? It's usually always the type of people who use the word as a disparaging term.

harSon

Banned
When a guy asks if you have a boyfriend and he smells like literally doo doo...

i wash my ass

shaq.png

FyreWulff

Had a woman that tried to ask me out and smelled like crusty. Like, the smell was so bad it went beyond poop, urine, or any kind of dirty, it's like you could see the words 'crusty' coming off her like the lines around Pigpen.

jWILL253

Banned
Dominos is the best pizza chain. If Dominos is sewage, what's Pizza Hut? Not a good idea to bad mouth your employer online. You young negroes.

Nigga, fuck Domino's. These clowns out here working me and my co-workers half to death for shit pay and no benefits. One of my coworkers fell down some stairs and sprained her lumbar & strained her hamstring today. Still made her come into work. A month or so ago, one of my other co-workers had hurt her arm on the job and had her right arm in a sling. Still made to come to work and make pizza one-handed. A couple of my co-workers are homeless and have to meet a curfew to keep their beds in the shelters they stay at. These niggas still make them work way past midnight. All this for minimum wage, a 50% discount and $10 in tips every other week.

Domino's can lick on a bag of lizard dicks, for all I care.

Had a woman that tried to ask me out and smelled like crusty. Like, the smell was so bad it went beyond poop, urine, or any kind of dirty, it's like you could see the words 'crusty' coming off her like the lines around Pigpen.

I'm so sorry.

Nigga, fuck Domino's. These clowns out here working me and my co-workers half to death for shit pay and no benefits. One of my coworkers fell down some stairs and sprained her lumbar & strained her hamstring today. Still made her come into work. A month or so ago, one of my other co-workers had hurt her arm on the job and had her right arm in a sling. Still made to come to work and make pizza one-handed. A couple of my co-workers are homeless and have to meet a curfew to keep their beds in the shelters they stay at. These niggas still make them work way past midnight. All this for minimum wage, a 50% discount and $10 in tips every other week.

Domino's can lick on a bag of lizard dicks, for all I care.

That's the nature of the pizza business. They don't give a fuck.

FyreWulff

I'm so sorry.

What might surprise some is she had a fit body, and brushed her teeth. From what I was able to find out from other people she just straight up didn't take baths or shower, ever.

Sadly that can happen due to certain life events, so if that was the reason I understood and I don't hold it against her at all, but I just said I just broke up (true) and didn't want to be anyone's rebound.

Numb

Good morning, BCT..have a splendiferous weekend.

What happened?
BCT seems to have a lot of SFV folk. More lobby meets seems like a good plan.
Also morning.

-----

Checking this race thread on gaming side
People only know to bring up San Andreas as the example of a successful game with a minority lead

Slayven

BCT seems to have a lot of SFV folk. More lobby meets seems like a good plan.
Also morning.

-----

Checking this race thread on gaming side
People only know to bring up San Andreas as the example of a successful game with a minority lead

San Andreas is the Idris Elba of games

Numb

Morning, stranger. Yeah, we were about 5 deep yesterday. Played pretty flawless. Maybe 2 or 3 games with a hint of lag. Would actually like to play with you when you can to see if the shitty lag issues has indeed been resolved finally.

LOL
Missed it
Fixed schedule so won't be up as late as usual but still down if it's aliitle earlier.
My bet on the lag is nothing changed
They won't fix anything 😑

Missed it
Fixed schedule so won't be up as late as usual but still down if it's aliitle earlier.
My bet on the lag is nothing changed
They won't fix anything
😑

I'd usually agree, but seriously..it's all gone now for me. Every Battle Lounge I've/y'all made has had that freeze thing happen..you know the one. Past two days it's nowhere to be found. Can you jump on now for a game or two? Wanna check it.

Numb

I'd usually agree, but seriously..it's all gone now for me. Every Battle Lounge I've/y'all made has had that freeze thing happen..you know the one. Past two days it's nowhere to be found. Can you jump on now for a game or two? Wanna check it.
On my way
EDIt

Something's fucked and keep getting signed out

Tried again . happened last time but not this much. Da!MIT psn

Slayven

Oh yeah, I remember Tigersharks.

Tigersharks = Underwater Thundercats

Silverhawks = Thundercats in SPAAAAACE

Oh, here's one for you: Street Frogs.

Did you know Tigersharks, Thundercats, and Silverhawks was suppose to be in the same universe. THey made it happen in the new cartoon, but it was in the background of the 80 shows

How about Extreme Dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom