• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the optometrist today and the black girl who check my eyes was mighty, mighty fine. Actually, all the women there were. I should go get my eyes checked more often.

Cgvm-VRVEAA7LnI.jpg

Presented without commentary.

Malyse

Ah. Content warning.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/amy-h...aten-to-death-dies-died-rip-facebook-suspect/

Today in "people that will be tossed to the wolves":

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/milwa...youtube-facebook-name-charges-watch-bay-view/

So, those cops are saying they tried to rescue the girls from drowning and released a video for proof.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/04/22/fl-sheriff-cops-didn-t-ignore-drowning-girls.html

Uh. What does that prove exactly?

-----

https://youtu.be/UjXs3OYcjQ4

So. It looks like SE is going to be doing the Bravely Default thing more often and making Final Fantasy games in everything but name.

https://youtu.be/h_vWF54mkQ0

Not sure how I feel about this art direction.

I went to the optometrist today and the black girl who check my eyes was mighty, mighty fine. Actually, all the women there were. I should go get my eyes checked more often.

But, are you sure she was fine?

What do you guys think of Shaun King? I've been following him and his writings on Twitter and FB for about 2 years and I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like that guy. Something is off putting about him. Am I in the minority here?

Trey

What do you guys think of Shaun King? I've been following him and his writings on Twitter and FB for about 2 years and I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like that guy. Something is off putting about him. Am I in the minority here?

there's a large sect of black twitter who basically regards him as a coon, so you are not alone.

Fuck speeding tickets. $238 for going 4 mph over the speed limit, and $290 for traffic school. Fucking crooks.

Goddamn!

I hate how hard he blows Bernie. Sippin on that "momentum" juice.

Slayven

I don't know if I would go that far......but he comes off as fake. I don't know.

He is a 3/4th dude

He says some on point things 75% of the time, but the fucked up shit he says 25% of the time holds him back a lot

Like ANgelus, love the dude and he is scary woke, but then he out here slandering a brother. Can't fuck all the way with him

Fuck speeding tickets. $238 for going 4 mph over the speed limit, and $290 for traffic school. Fucking crooks.

4??? Oh what the fuck, that's ridiculous.

I'm on the fence about him, especially when finding out that him and DeRay don't get along.

Imm0rt4l

He is a 3/4th dude

He says some on point things 75% of the time, but the fucked up shit he says 25% of the time holds him back a lot

Like ANgelus, love the dude and he is scary woke, but then he out here slandering a brother. Can't fuck all the way with him
My sentiments exactly

I took a few months but I've finally done it. I've whittled away my social group so it doesn't have any white people in it.

I didn't use to be like this. Once upon a time, I believed in diversity and people becoming more understanding. But it isn't reality. After Ferguson, I have had to constantly apologize to white "friends". I have had a lot of anger during and after Ferguson. I'm still feeling it, I'm still pissed. It got to a point where I had to talk to a monk about my anger. In the end, the anger hasn't gone away, especially since I constantly suppress it. I've resolved to embrace it. Sure, you could argue "there are good white people too" and I realize that, but I grow tired of having to justify my and others' existence to white "friends", who at one point or another, appeared to be there for you. It's a continual cycle of disappointment.

The Dalai Lama on anger:

When faced with economic or any other kind of injustice, it is totally wrong for a religious person to remain indifferent. Religious people must struggle to solve these problems.

Here the issue is how to deal with anger. There are two types of anger. One type arises out of compassion; that kind of anger is useful. Anger that is motivated by compassion or a desire to correct social injustice, and does not seek to harm the other person, is a good anger that is worth having. For example, a good parent, out of concern for a child’s behavior, may use harsh words or even strike him. He may be angry, but there is no trace of any desire to hurt him.

Japanese temples often enshrine the fierce manifestation of [the Buddhist deity] Acala. [Opens his mouth to make a face like an angry deity.] But Acala has that fierce expression not out of hatred or a desire to harm sentient beings, but out of concern for them, to correct their mistakes, like a parent’s desire to correct a child’s mistakes. As you rightly mentioned, anger brings more energy, more determination, more forceful action to correct injustice.

[On whether people should continue to harbor anger towards social injustices]Of course. That anger is directed toward the social injustice itself, along with the struggle to correct it, so the anger should be maintained until the goal is achieved. It is necessary in order to stop social injustice and wrong destructive actions.

http://tricycle.org/trikedaily/justifiably-angry-marxist-interview-dalai-lama/

Dalai Lama is pissed too.

I resolved to use the anger to cultivate more useful pursuits. At first I was involved with Black Lives Matter locally but BLM is so disorganized and single issue with no real ideas on how to fix that issue, that I've decided they're not much worth supporting - at least for me. Though they still have my support. I've decided it's much better to start locally, organization and activism-wise.

Numb

I took a few months but I've finally done it. I've whittled away my social group so it doesn't have any white people in it.

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

You can't escape contact with all white people. If the anger is getting too much tho keep them close but just far enough as strangers where you don't have to explain yourself or it gets too personal.
If they ever put you in a position where you have to apologize for anything then they weren't your friends in the first place

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

You can't escape contact with all white people. If the anger is getting too much tho keep them close but just far enough as strangers where you don't have to explain yourself or it gets too personal.
If they ever put you in a position where you have to apologize for anything then they weren't your friends in the first place

Nope. You can't escape contact with white people. But it's definitely possible to not let them get too close. That's the thing about it. They are often your friend until it's not as useful. Then they question your life experience, despite claiming to be your friend, and trying to be empathetic. This has happened more and more often since Ferguson.

Another note: when you become actual competition to them, watch what happens.

Numb

Nope. You can't escape contact with white people. But it's definitely possible to not let them get too close. That's the thing about it. They are often your friend until it's not as useful. Then they question your life experience, despite claiming to be your friend, and trying to be empathetic. This has happened more and more often since Ferguson.

Another note: when you become actual competition to them, watch what happens.

Issue is that you can't be on guard 24/7 and at the same time expect to form a meaningful friendship. Be on guard just enough to not be shocked when things go crazy.
Yea, Face it Tiger.. hooked me up.... You need one? If I run across one I'll let you know.
Its cool but hx
Thought it was also on PC

Imm0rt4l

Gotta cook. About two hours late getting whooped by immortal lol..need about an hour an change.

Me not so much lol..
Shiiit, you're selling yourself short. It was a really long set and you definitely adapted to some things. I was getting a ton of free damage, but later on you weren't conceding it. For example you became less keen on throwing out pokes after certain blocks rings that I would v reversal. You got really consistent at anti airing as well.

I did learn a lot with karin. I think she fits my style. When I started off with ryu I was at my best when rushing you down, I was really ineffective at zonning. Maybe I should try ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom