• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

LOL. IRL i swear so much it would make a sailor blush. I try to avoid it when i make posts though.

giphy.gif

BigDes

Anyone got any decent links or tips about how to suck less at Street Fighter V. Cause so far my win loss is like

250 loss
10 win

Which is fine. But i dont feel I am learning anything from my losses.

Numb

Anyone got any decent links or tips about how to suck less at Street Fighter V. Cause so far my win loss is like

250 loss
10 win

Play people on your level. Do the challenges and watch vids to see how your character is meant to be used

250 loss
10 win

Grab more..everyone else seems to live off it.

REAL answer? Take your licks. Try to play against folks on your level, then gradually move up. Plenty of different skill levels just in this thread. Try to run a couple games with folks not named Immortal or FadedRevolution..everyone else is fair-good, but not "take your lunch money while having an orgy with your mom and two sisters in front your face" good. Respeck none the less..

250 loss
10 win

Play people your level and y'all become rivals.

Rewatch your own footage too.

Numb

True story. Over 20 years of fighting games. Me and mine don't grab..EVER. The amount of times I can be winning, then get grabbed and my game goes to hell? Yeah..blame yourselves 😠

🎂 🎂 🎂 🎂 🎂 🎂 🎂 🎂 🎂
It's the purpose of my guys ;_; ;_;

akira28

I grew up in that age where throwing in Street Fighter would start fights in bedrooms that would end up out in the streets.

I still flinch whenever I throw someone hahah it used to be verbotten. Not in Tekken because that was one of the mechanics and throwing and jumping on you while you were down were allowed. but god help you if you abused ryus throws or some of the others, people would gang up on you.

Numb

Should be the reverse with people getting angry with the grabs since its easier to break them in SF than Tekken
And god help you if you get hit with King's chain grabs and all you can do is watch your life slip away

Shy

I grew up in that age where throwing in Street Fighter would start fights in bedrooms that would end up out in the streets.

I still flinch whenever I throw someone hahah it used to be verbotten. Not in Tekken because that was one of the mechanics and throwing and jumping on you while you were down were allowed. but god help you if you abused ryus throws or some of the others, people would gang up on you.
Tap-throws are out of order, and should be forbidden. ( in my day if you did that shit in the arcade, you would have to concede the round)
I hate seeing it used in today's tournaments and players are applauded for it. (again, in my day they were considered cheap, and you could get a slap for it)

But regulars throws aren't that bad, if not abused.

I grew up knowing do whatever it takes to win. People always complained that I blocked too much, grabbed too much, knew too many high damaging combos, etc. If it ain't one thing its another people complain about. Either stop me from doing it or hold that L.

BigDes

Also thanks for the advice folks. As i said, i dont mind the losing so much. Its the frustration that I dont find myself getting better from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom