• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

lmX75Av.jpg

I need to stop fucking with that fool

My fave is the one where they get pink eye.

Lisa Bonet was a downer in Different World? I never got to watch her that season because I too young. That show came on during a time when I didn't know what the fuck an HBCU even was and I had a crush on Dwayne.

I won't say it was necessarily her, it was more the writing. I remember watching a documentary and they mentioned that the first season was written by a white woman and I think she couldn't quite capture the environment or issues of a HBCU. I also assume that same woman probably created Marissa Tomei's character which I also think only lasted for that one season.

I won't say it was necessarily her, it was more the writing. I remember watching a documentary and they mentioned that the first season was written by a white woman and I think she couldn't quite capture the environment or issues of a HBCU. I also assume that same woman probably created Marissa Tomei's character which I also think only lasted for that one season.

XFVx8JZ.gif

That's some fuckery.

Shy

Morning you people.
Good morning.
*hugs* Morning.
*plans to launch new console but doesn't plan to be at the biggest video game show and media event of the year*

Keep doing you nintendo
There's still this year's Gamescom. Which would make sense, as it's closer in relation to nintendo's release schedule.
that's hilarious because IRL i don't swear at all.
LOL.
Morning all. First day back to work for me since mid Dec. Already elbow deep in activity.
*hugs* Morning. That's quite a break you took.

Nudull

Banned
I am in so much conflict with my folks. Ever since the current election run started, they've been showing their ugly, racist sides. They have been supporting Trump with full sincerity, watching Fox News religiously and spouting all kinds of shit about Latinos, Haitians and Jamaicans needing to get out of the country and stop stealing everyone's jobs. Hell, I have to drown them out with loud music and TV half the time just to keep sane. Every time I try to confront them, they say that Donald is a goddamn martyr, the chosen one for God, that everything happening is all part of some sort of "revelation" or "revolution" from above.

And the kicker? My parents are immigrants, weren't even born Americans. They were around for the civil rights movement, the 70's, and all of that. Even sadder, they still worship Ronald Reagan for getting them into the country.

D i Z

I am in so much conflict with my folks. Ever since the current election run started, they've been showing their ugly, racist sides. They have been supporting Trump with full sincerity, watching Fox News religiously and spouting all kinds of shit about Latinos, Haitians and Jamaicans needing to get out of the country and stop stealing everyone's jobs. Hell, I have to drown them out with loud music and TV have the time just to keep sane. Every time I try to confront them, they say that Donald is a goddamn martyr, the chosen one for God, that everything happening is all part of some sort of "revelation" or "revolution" from above.

And the kicker? My parents are immigrants, weren't even born Americans. They were around for the civil rights movement, the 70's, and all of that. Even sadder, they still worship Ronald Reagan for getting them into the country.

All of that. What you just wrote. Get out when you can.

I am in so much conflict with my folks. Ever since the current election run started, they've been showing their ugly, racist sides. They have been supporting Trump with full sincerity, watching Fox News religiously and spouting all kinds of shit about Latinos, Haitians and Jamaicans needing to get out of the country and stop stealing everyone's jobs. Hell, I have to drown them out with loud music and TV have the time just to keep sane. Every time I try to confront them, they say that Donald is a goddamn martyr, the chosen one for God, that everything happening is all part of some sort of "revelation" or "revolution" from above.

I don't pray often, but I'll pray for you.

andthebeatgoeson

Man, I have to give my kids the 'no jumping' people talk. 'If someone dies, your black ass is going to jail and I'm not bankrupting the family because you too dumb.'

That talk.

Had a friend in high school that jumped into a fight to kick one time. The victim just got bloodied up but all their asses got big time suspensions. A few went to the 'alternative' school.

Now, these kids filming every stomp, yelling world star, giving all types of evidence. It's not even snitching but the video consequences are worse. These clowns are even putting their motive on Instagram. How stupid do you have to be to stomp someone out, know they died and brag on Instagram that you tried to kill them?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3028495/am...e-girl-is-killed-in-school-restroom-over-boy/

You stupid fuck. Nothing will protect you from a prosecutor. No delete button, no nothing. Law enforcement broke encryption on an iPhone. You stupid fucks think a delete button will stop them?

Just needed to get that off my chest.

there's an e3 between NX's launch and NX's first holiday. i wouldn't worry.

there's no point to showing NX at this E3. Half the companies withdrew, and showing hardware that far away from launch just gives competitors time to ctrl c ctrl v.

it's all strategically sound,imo.

also, Sony doing just fine and they did PS4's main reveal at a non-E3 event.

Not really the same. Sony unveiling before E3 and then having a well thought out product with everyone on board at E3 at the start of a new gen is different from launching the successor to a failure with no significant 3rd party support, and a gimmick-driven strategy.

No faith in them to do anything except continue their slow dive into irrelevance.

Man, I have to give my kids the 'no jumping' people talk. 'If someone dies, your black ass is going to jail and I'm not bankrupting the family because you too dumb.'

That talk.

Had a friend in high school that jumped into a fight to kick one time. The victim just got bloodied up but all their asses got big time suspensions. A few went to the 'alternative' school.

Now, these kids filming every stomp, yelling world star, giving all types of evidence. It's not even snitching but the video consequences are worse. These clowns are even putting their motive on Instagram. How stupid do you have to be to stomp someone out, know they died and brag on Instagram that you tried to kill them?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3028495/am...e-girl-is-killed-in-school-restroom-over-boy/

You stupid fuck. Nothing will protect you from a prosecutor. No delete button, no nothing. Law enforcement broke encryption on an iPhone. You stupid fucks think a delete button will stop them?

I had that same talk if I ever got into legal trouble over a crime that committed. That whole case is just tragic....a young girl lost her life over something so senseless in the grand scheme of things. I have no interest in watching that video though.

Johndoey

Banned

That talk.

Sorry you had to do that man, though it's so important. I remember my father sitting me down and hashing that out with me, then me getting caught up in some nonsense the day after.

RedSwirl

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36136364

How 'bad-ass librarians' saved Islamic treasures in Timbuktu

I remember this story as it was developing back during the recent Mali crisis. These texts are apparently some of the only written evidence of "civilized black Africa." Not all have been translated into other languages. Some of the librarians had to hide them.

Kreed

That talk.

Just heard a story today about this rap group rapping about credit card scams and getting arrested in NY, putting out entire songs about their crimes on soundcloud:

http://nypost.com/2016/04/26/rappers-used-stolen-credit-cards-to-cheat-department-stores/

Everyone love dry snitching on themselves for internet fame these days.

ApharmdX

Banned

That talk.

Shit, I need to have this talk with my kids. It's crazy these days. You see kids filming themselves assaulting people, raping people, how fucking stupid do you have to be to do that? I'm going to teach them to recognize trouble and bail quickly, come back with help.

And yeah, we have a good record of recovering deleted stuff from phones. I've recovered all kinds of stuff that's been deleted, made lots of cases with it.

Infinite

Not really the same. Sony unveiling before E3 and then having a well thought out product with everyone on board at E3 at the start of a new gen is different from launching the successor to a failure with no significant 3rd party support, and a gimmick-driven strategy.

No faith in them to do anything except continue their slow dive into irrelevance.
E3 is really not that important anymore. The only valid critique I've seen about nintendo's plans is the wiiu not having shit this holiday. People just seem to be salty that they won't get their hype reels come e3

andthebeatgoeson

Shit, I need to have this talk with my kids. It's crazy these days. You see kids filming themselves assaulting people, raping people, how fucking stupid do you have to be to do that? I'm going to teach them to recognize trouble and bail quickly, come back with help.

And yeah, we have a good record of recovering deleted stuff from phones. I've recovered all kinds of stuff that's been deleted, made lots of cases with it.
I thought it smelled like bacon.

police-car-image.jpg

Just messing with you, officer. Me be got no weapon.

E3 is really not that important anymore. The only valid critique I've seen about nintendo's plans is the wiiu not having shit this holiday. People just seem to be salty that they won't get their hype reels come e3

Not really--the companies the companies that are skipping E3 are in a different position from Nintendo. I remember the few times where they scaled back E3 and everyone came back to the convention center. It's a cycle.

Dumb move for them regardless. They need all the hype they can get.

Infinite

Not really--the companies the companies that are skipping E3 are in a different position from Nintendo. I remember the few times where they scaled back E3 and everyone came back to the convention center. It's a cycle.

Dumb move for them regardless. They need all the hype they can get.
What if they wasn't ready? lol what hype would they have?

Shy

I just watched that Civil war airport clip from the spoiler thread (wish it was the whole film)

Only read this if you watched the film, or the airport clip
Holyshit-balls. Black panther did a no-shadow kick. That was pretty dopes

Don't worry i won't be filling up this thread with the spoils, i don't want to wind people up.

Shy

You're supposed to have more self control than us bums..!
Ohh. God no. LOL.

I've been desperately wanting to see it, i've been reading all the spoils.
And my "situation" makes it worse for me.
And I knew when I asked 😘
Nooooo. Don't say that. 😢

I've got duties tonight, otherwise i would have been down. ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom