• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

13086959_1707355039550141_6043324881109332666_o.jpg

Crocodile

Folks on gaming side are getting upset like they own stock in the company. It's such a bizarre thing to read.

Seriously. I woke up today and GAF was on fucking fire. I'm looking at the news and I'm thinking "Ok whatever. Take your time to polish shit and in the interim I've got a bunch of games to play and even more non-gaming shit I need to do" I must be getting old because I can't understand the freakout or get myself so damn worked up over something like this.

I am in so much conflict with my folks. Ever since the current election run started, they've been showing their ugly, racist sides. They have been supporting Trump with full sincerity, watching Fox News religiously and spouting all kinds of shit about Latinos, Haitians and Jamaicans needing to get out of the country and stop stealing everyone's jobs. Hell, I have to drown them out with loud music and TV half the time just to keep sane. Every time I try to confront them, they say that Donald is a goddamn martyr, the chosen one for God, that everything happening is all part of some sort of "revelation" or "revolution" from above.

And the kicker? My parents are immigrants, weren't even born Americans. They were around for the civil rights movement, the 70's, and all of that. Even sadder, they still worship Ronald Reagan for getting them into the country.

A lot of immigrants seem to take a "fuck you got mine" mentality and I'm never sure I understand it. I remember last summer my mom's friend and her mother stopped by and a long conversation eventually followed. My mom's friend's mother, who came to America from Pakistan, just went on and on about "the Mexicans taking the jobs" and boy did I feel awkward. My appeals for empathy basically fell on deaf ears :(

All I can say is I hope your family situation improves and they eventually see Trump, and I guess the entire 2016 Republican slate, as the charlatans that they are. God speed!

Gattsu25

Banned
Launching Holiday 2016 just puts them lost in the fray of the VR jerkoff and PS4K.

Holiday 2017 means ports competing with existing console dev time and supply constraints

March 2017 (and Nintendo has launched multiple successful hardware in March) gives them an E3 between launch and holiday, gets them out of the 2016 clusterfuck, lets them account for the 4K if they so desire, developers aren't making the NX version of late 16 / early 17 hardware at the same time as other consoles, they have a GDC, PAX East, E3, PAX Prime that they can openly have hardware and playable demos at.

March 2017 also gets them Destiny 2 in September 2017, instead of Destiny 2 Months After It Already Came Out.

Ubisoft has paused AssCreed for 2016 and won't be releasing one this holiday, so Nintendo isn't missing out on a major Ubi title either for not making this year.

*developer hat on* Strategically, this all makes sense. It makes sense for ports, it makes sense for hardware supply, it makes sense because they can let Sony talk themselves ragged for E3 2016 and then be the main attraction for GDC, PAX East, E3 2017, and PAX Prime going into Holiday 2017.

*developer inside baseball hat on top of developer hat* Also, by releasing at the start of most everyone's fiscal year, they won't suffer from what happened to the Wii U, where a bunch of companies pushed U titles back into fiscal 2013 to make their numbers look better. Developers spin down during December and January, so why put the NX in that position anyway.

Plus they can make retailers happy by exhausting all of their Wii U supply this holiday. Not gonna bet money but wouldn't be surprised to see a farewell Wii U bundle that acts as a soft price cut to empty out the warehouses and retail channel.

Just saw this. Good post.

I honestly don't get the freakout on the gaming side :\

Anyway, I had a talk with a new hire at my company (in a diff department) and found out that they're an ardent Trump supporter. It's interesting because that one fact tells you that this person is likely an ain't shit racist apologist.

That image and Iggy Azaelia is why I rarely take white people who call PoC racist seriously. Especially if the person they're accusing in question is black.

I need a new computer for work, so I've been looking at laptops. Gaming doesn't interest me much but it's a bonus, but I need power (for Photoshop, Painter, 3DSMax, Maya) so a game laptop is what I should be looking at I guess.

I sized it down to this one because it's got everything I need (i7 processor, gtx 900 series), but it only has 250 gigs of HD space, all of which is SSD.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0146DD02G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I feel like I'd rather take 1 tb of space than 250 even if it's SSD. I'm not sure what to do about that low disc space. I guess I could use an external hard drive that I've got, but still. Since I'll be using programs with high file sizes it's a worry.

Getting it along with this.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EN27ULS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

andthebeatgoeson

I need a new computer for work, so I've been looking at laptops. Gaming doesn't interest me much but it's a bonus, but I need power (for Photoshop, Painter, 3DSMax, Maya) so a game laptop is what I should be looking at I guess.

I sized it down to this one because it's got everything I need (i7 processor, gtx 900 series), but it only has 250 gigs of HD space, all of which is SSD.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0146DD02G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I feel like I'd rather take 1 tb of space than 250 even if it's SSD. I'm not sure what to do about that low disc space. I guess I could use an external hard drive that I've got, but still. Since I'll be using programs with high file sizes it's a worry.

Getting it along with this.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EN27ULS/?tag=neogaf0e-20
A lot of these have a second bay for another hard drive. I usually put the games on a bigger drive that doesn't need faster access. Or, you can put your 'current' game on the ssd, and leave the other games on the regular drive.

The question section indicates it has a second bay:http://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2RZIFUY2TBR7/?source=allQuestionsPage

Do people not check on their kids while driving? For real? When I'm driving with my son I always look at the rear view mirror to check if he is all right and buckled in.

Some siddy sleepers in here, do you have little chocolates placed on your pillow before you go to bed?
You sure are preoccupied with what people find enjoyable/comfortable. What, you got them $75 rocks you paid for and put them in a pillowcase? Meanwhile, no air conditioning for a few days when you were 11 was almost the apocalypse? Do you, negro..😏

Do people not check on their kids while driving? For real? When I'm driving with my son I always look at the rear view mirror to check if he is all right and buckled in.
Or has a gun..😐

So i got a dual screen setup at work and one of my monitors died and the one they gave me to replace it is twice as big as my other monitor and that shit is bothering me.

Oh, white lady lol. At my friendly neighborhood Costco walking down the seafood isle and this woman looks at me like my dick was out and snapping at her. She starts dragging the cart against the freezer so hard as she stares at me in a panic that everyone turned around to figure out what that loud ass nose is..I just laughed at the bitch.

Gotta enjoy the little things..

ApharmdX

Banned
I think at this point people are voting Trump to sabotage the system and ultimately the country. They seem to think he will dismantle the establishment even more soundly than Bernie would have. They're voting against the status quo, but in the only way they know how....instead of any way that would be you know...cooperative, organized and helpful.

The funny part is Hillary, Bernie, and Trump voters all think they're attacking the status quo with their vote.

here's my dilemma. Seeing the congressional black caucus as anything other than establishment gatekeepers (black version). Seeing how they essentially blocked Donna Edwards for Chris Van Hollen for "reasons" when the real skinny is they have been cliquish as thee fuck for decades and she got off on their bad side by unseating one of their popular members to win her seat 8 years ago.

Yeah. I was disappointed that she lost this week. I voted for her, didn't know that there was a backstory with the congressional black caucus though. That sucks, and is really petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom