• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Intersting article on Larry Wilmore's "You ma nigga". I admit I kind of only rolled my eyes and the numerous white people getting butthurt on black people's behalves, butI forget there is a generational divide over using the word among black people and the fact that he said it at that stage to the President must be blowing some older people's minds

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/obama-wilmore-dinner-n-word/480891/

Adding onto this, I'll link Larry's comments on this and Piers Morgan on the Nightly Show (tldr; Says he understands both sides for both his use of it and against his use of it, but Piers Morgan is stupid for thinking he said the -er version).

If you're curious... this is basically the shitstorm that went down. The city is saying the buildings arent safe. Over 250 apartments have to leave.

I'm going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow. They (the landlord) doesn't want to compensate me much. If i were the one breaking contract they would want a full months rent. But i dont know how these things work.

As far as things stolen..
Military id
Prescription glasses
Prescription sunglasses
Brand new work boots
Flash drives and memory cards
A knife
A engraved flask a friend gave me for my bday
A work bag with safety equipment
Cb radio
ObdII sensor
Prescription allergy medicine
A fossil watch
About 60 bucks

All because of my own easy mistake.

On the bright side, i found a new apartment complex that looks nice.

I don't know how it is in other branches, but if you are in the Air Force, I would get with the legal counsel on base for help as well and set up a line of communication between your supervisor and first sergeant. Your first sergeant should help you out anyway he can with your issue with the landlord and may send you a bit of financial aid since you lost a couple of mandatory items you need for work it seems. There should be someone to speak to about this in other branches as well.

Sorry that happened to you and I hope everything works out for you.

Sch1sm

Im fighting one right now, shit is the worst it needs to go away already

I had to go through three different courses of ear drops/anti-biotics for mine. The worst. Mine screwed with my hearing during the time. Came out fine, but everything was very muffled. One yawn afterward, I could hear like I had the enhanced senses of a blind woman. Was a rollercoaster.

Are you secretly a mega church pastor?

LMAO

t-d-jakes-i-o.gif

Intersting article on Larry Wilmore's "You ma nigga". I admit I kind of only rolled my eyes and the numerous white people getting butthurt on black people's behalves, butI forget there is a generational divide over using the word among black people and the fact that he said it at that stage to the President must be blowing some older people's minds

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/obama-wilmore-dinner-n-word/480891/
Larry Wilmore refused to code switch for that event and some Black people are really uncomfortable with that.

crack-neck.gif

-Once again they look like mid-bosses from an SNK game.
-Kim looks flashy in her Armored Spider Cosplay
-Kanye look like a backup dancer for Olivia Newton John
-Looking like an outtake from Xanadu
-I see that Meteor Man sequel is in the works
-Looking like a fake ass Luke Cage
-Motorscooters bout to cast Blizzaga on your ass
-Kimbercile and Kanye
-looking like a fake ass Sonny and Cher
-Kanye bout to drop the hottest Country Record of all time
-Welp the rumors about Taylor Swift playing Dazzler have been proven false...
-Why that one photographer in the background looks like he jizzed himself
-The real weapon against the alien menace in ID:Resurgence
-So time travel exist. Theyve come to save our future
-He ripped those pants 2 minutes before taking the picture....
-....on his jacket.
-I mean damn i know motherfuckers like bedazzlers but goddamn Kanye.....
-Please God, resurrect Bernie Mac to wake Kanye up.
-This is what happens when Hideo goes solo from Konami.....
-He took "let them see you shine" to heart
-Looking like a bad 80's lyric
-Thats them mom jeans tho....
-Kanye teamed up with Kathy Ireland for that Walmart summer line
-Egyptian god and goddess of Bullshit
-Its Contrary and Shadow Man
-Wheres the rest of the Holograms.... Synergy be bullshitting....
-Glamour and Glitter, Fashion and Fame.....
-Truly truly truly outrageous
-Fuck you Tetsuyo Nomura. This is your fault.
-Kanye and Kim are TeamSilverSable. They said fuck both teamcap and teamironman
-looking like a one shot ashcan comic cover from Malibu
-The Misadventures of the Silver Booty and RageQuit....
-These are not the droids you are looking for.
-Metropolis remake in the works. Fritz Lang is turning in his grave.

D i Z

G'mornin party people.

Moving offices clear across downtown freaking sucks, but we here now.

Keep your head up B-B.

andthebeatgoeson

Want to read the funniest thing you've read all week?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278395-white-house-defends-wilmores-use-of-n-word

President Obama’s top spokesman on Monday defended comedian Larry Wilmore, who has come under criticism for using the N-word during his remarks at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters that the president "appreciated the spirit of the sentiments that Mr. Wilmore expressed."
The Comedy Central host ended his speech Saturday night with a seemingly heartfelt riff about the historical importance of Obama being the first black president.

"When I was a kid, I lived in a country where people couldn't accept a black quarterback," Wilmore said.

"Now think about that. A black man was thought by his mere color not good enough to lead a football team," he continued. "And now to live in your time, Mr. President, when a black man can lead the entire free world."

He then turned to Obama, pounded his chest, and said, “Yo, Barry, you did it my n----!"

Obama smiled and hugged Wilmore after he wrapped up his remarks.

But several critics objected to his use of a racial epithet.

"Never before has the n-word been used to address the president. At least, not in public and most definitely not to his face," wrote Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart, who is African-American. "That’s why Wilmore’s use of it was as shocking as it was disrespectful."

American Urban Radio Networks Washington correspondent April Ryan peppered Earnest with questions about whether Wilmore's comments were inappropriate.

"Comedians are gonna go right up to the line," Earnest said.

He said that such criticism is nothing new, noting that comics such as Stephen Colbert and Wanda Sykes also came under fire for making controversial statements in their correspondents' dinner routines.

“I’m confident that Mr. Wilmore used the word by design. He was seeking to be provocative,” Earnest said, adding that a “fair reading” shows “he was not using the president as the butt of a joke.”

Earnest said the White House did not vet Wilmore's remarks before the event.

At least, not in public.

tumblr_n4xetg61wv1qm7cjco1_400.gif

Bill-Clinton-Boris-Yeltsin-Laugh1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom