• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I work for Fedex. So I was unloading this truck with someone and these busted boxes fell out with bullets in them. The other person in the truck dropped a heavy hazmat on it and a bullet went off and hit one of the beams. I was standing off to the side of the box. Shit if I was in front...

I'm trying to save up money to go to E3 so I stayed for the night shift and they worked us extra hard then. They send people home then tell the rest to go faster. I was drained after that 1st truck and got hit a few times by some boxes and a belly flap and got a couple cuts on my knees and arms. The last 40 I started feeling really noxious. I'm not sure if I fully recovered from my incident last week. Manager asked if I wanted to leave early twice, but nah I need this money.

Shit, I hope I can get out of this trap. I'm hungry as fuck too.
Goodness. Glad you're safe now. Please get some well deserved rest Blasian.

CUoEeou.png

This looks cute. When I decide to get dreads again, I might dye them this color.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Hit an all time low today brehs. I havent felt this bad in about 5 years.

Got robbed today and i found out im forced to leave my apartment by may 31, 3 months ahead of my lease contract. Had a cute girl rain check on me to see captain america thursday because reasons. Some other shitty things happened today that just kept piling on.

I'm a grown ass man who forgot what it felt like to cry. But I remember now.

Somehow i know things can always be worse so I'll be alright in time. But damn, what a day.

Dai101

Banned

Got robbed today and i found out im forced to leave my apartment by may 31, 3 months ahead of my lease contract. Had a cute girl rain check on me to see captain america thursday because reasons. Some other shitty things happened today that just kept piling on.

Somehow i know things can always be worse so I'll be alright in time. But damn, what a day.

That's fucked up.

All i can tell you i feel for you and cheer up. Is not wrong to cry either.

Hold up there man. Things will get better.

Shy

That's horrible. Try to stay strong BB.
cmf7hDd.gif

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Appreciate it guys. Really I do. Im usually always happy. Even when shit gets bad im not down for long. Like minutes and i get over it. but today just knocked me over full force.

i left my place to go to work this morning. Open my car door and everything was a mess. They got me good and i have nobody to blame but myself. I forgot to lock the car door last night and im still beating myself up for it.

They got my money, radio, watch, knife, some other things. All the material stuff stolen i can deal with, I'll replace it one day. Its more of my pride that took a hit because of other things taken. Shit like my prescription glasses, prescription allergy medicine, my work boots and other military issued items. Like who steals shit like that. They hit 3 other cars around mine as well.

Fast forward... cops file the report and so forth. After they leave, i get a call from my landlord saying because of construction everyone has to be out by may 31st. Ive been searching for a new place to stay but i thought i had 3 months not 3 weeks. I have no idea what my plan is, but my first thought is to lawyer up tomorrow. Anyways after that, bad news after bad news for the rest of the day. Like i was looking for it. Or it was looking for me.

By the end of the day i was on my way home from work and all the negative stuff in my life just collectively hit me. I havent cried in like a decade.

Im good now. Just had to vent all that out. Again, i appreciate you guys more than you know. Tomorrow is a new day.

Shy

Appreciate it guys. Really I do. Im usually always happy. Even when shit gets bad im not down for long. Like minutes and i get over it. but today just knocked me over full force.

i left my place to go to work this morning. Open my car door and everything was a mess. They got me good and i have nobody to blame but myself. I forgot to lock the car door last night and im still beating myself up for it.

They got my money, radio, watch, knife, some other things. All the material stuff stolen i can deal with, I'll replace it one day. Its more of my pride that took a hit because of other things taken. Shit like my prescription glasses, prescription allergy medicine, my work boots and other military issued items. Like who steals shit like that. They hit 3 other cars around mine as well.

Fast forward... cops file the report and so forth. After they leave, i get a call from my landlord saying because of construction everyone has to be out by may 31st. Ive been searching for a new place to stay but i thought i had 3 months not 3 weeks. I have no idea what my plan is, but my first thought is to lawyer up tomorrow. Anyways after that, bad news after bad news for the rest of the day. Like i was looking for it. Or it was looking for me.

By the end of the day i was on my way home from work and all the negative stuff in my life just collectively hit me. I havent cried in like a decade.

Im good now. Just had to vent all that out. Again, i appreciate you guys more than you know. Tomorrow is a new day.
I really hope things get better for you.

You never have to apologise for venting in here BB.

I'm so sorry about your day. Is it possible to ask your landlord for an extension? What did you get stolen? I'm glad you're okay.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm so sorry about your day. Is it possible to ask your landlord for an extension? What did you get stolen? I'm glad you're okay.
If you're curious... this is basically the shitstorm that went down. The city is saying the buildings arent safe. Over 250 apartments have to leave.

I'm going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow. They (the landlord) doesn't want to compensate me much. If i were the one breaking contract they would want a full months rent. But i dont know how these things work.

As far as things stolen..
Military id
Prescription glasses
Prescription sunglasses
Brand new work boots
Flash drives and memory cards
A knife
A engraved flask a friend gave me for my bday
A work bag with safety equipment
Cb radio
ObdII sensor
Prescription allergy medicine
A fossil watch
About 60 bucks

All because of my own easy mistake.

On the bright side, i found a new apartment complex that looks nice.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If you're curious... this is basically the shitstorm that went down. The city is saying the buildings arent safe. Over 250 apartments have to leave.

I'm going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow. They (the landlord) doesn't want to compensate me much. If i were the one breaking contract they would want a full months rent. But i dont know how these things work.

Military id
Prescription glasses
Prescription sunglasses
Brand new work boots
A knife
Cb radio
ObdII sensor
A fossil watch
About 60 bucks

Keep your head up, man. Remember you've got a safe spot to vent. Good for you on finding a new place so quickly.

Military id
Prescription glasses
Prescription sunglasses
Brand new work boots
A knife
Cb radio
ObdII sensor
A fossil watch
About 60 bucks

Can the military can help you out?

Shy

Conceptualizing the Black Panther: Here’s all the blogging from Ta-Nehisi and others related to his “Black Panther” Marvel series.

Military id
Prescription glasses
Prescription sunglasses
Brand new work boots
A knife
Cb radio
ObdII sensor
A fossil watch
About 60 bucks

I'm glad you found a place, and am sorry you lost all that stuff.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Keep your head up, man. Remember you've got a safe spot to vent. Good for you on finding a new place so quickly.

Thanks man, I totally feel better. I havent "found it" yet, but just did some online searching and looks like a place that I will try to do a walkthrough sometime this week. But it looks promising.

Can the military can help you out?

Yeah, I'm going get some free legal aid through the military. Apparently they do good with information on leasing apartments.

And I work with a couple guys who have already offered a place to stay if it doesn't work out in time.

thanks. Speaking of BP, I picked up that issue this week from a local store. My first black panther comic.

andthebeatgoeson

Sorry to hear about that B. Keep your head up.

-----

I saw a Disney movie and Zootopia and won't give Dreamy any credit. Thank you, Jandro for suggesting it. I thought those were the best movies I've ever saw. And for suggesting I break my posts up with those dash marks. It really puts things in perspective.

-----

Today is Donald Trump day. The day we celebrate when he defeats another scallywag who came after the throne.

They really need to do something about that lineup of Republicans. Ass cheeks. Besides them dog whistling for centuries, they really put out a F team for racists to pick from. Mitt Romney looks good from a certain angle. That angle is when you catch the light shining thru Don's fake ass hair.

andthebeatgoeson

Earlier this year, she filed for divorce against her husband of 12 years, Gust Davis, and was allegedly in a legal battle over the fortune, TMZ reported. Davis demanded half of the monthly $20,000 Shakur took home every month.

That sounds like an unfortunate come up for dude. Not divorced yet when your wife dies, as controller of Pac's estate? Lots of legal battles ahead. As a married dude, the law is the law. So he's entitled to it, if they are not divorced. He's still married.

They'll fight this out in court. Ray ray and all the cousins coming out to fight over $240k a year. It's a nice check but I expect lawyer fees to eat that up.

But i expect fuckery. And, if he doesn't have a serious connection to Pac, we are getting a Pac movie. Which might be good. Or, Dr Suess level. Ugh. I hope he doesn't pick some fuck shit studio (lifetime presents...). He'll sign with the most money. Too bad there is no one left to 'guide' them.

Damn shame.

Aiustis

Good Morning All.

I did the most awkward thing...I cannot speak of it.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Bad_Boy. Hope your new place fairs better.

Noice. Hope you like it.

I'm liking it, but it's weird that a section of die-hard BP fans really hate it right now. I get why, BP has been taking a beating for years as of late (From pre-Doomwar till now, with Liss' run being the exception), but it's like they don't even want to give Coates a chance due to his interviews and the run's concept.

Really baffling.

Poor BvS taking hits when it ain't even the subject lol.
it was for like a stomach jockstrap or something
Haha nah..just Benz commercials on loop and Dai's boy, HeyZues.
Ads are based on your browsing history.
Nah. I don't DO God. Don't fly planes. Have a Kia, not a Benz. Also not looking to scrap metal. My shit should all be horse related..it isn't.

FyreWulff

Bad_Boy, if you can or want to, get in contact with a local Salvation Army and see what they can help you with. They usually specialize in helping people after sudden home loss (fire, etc) so it wouldn't hurt to call up the local one and see if they can point you somewhere. A mass building condemnation like that should be treated like a fire, in any case.

Slayven

I'm liking it, but it's weird that a section of die-hard BP fans really hate it right now. I get why, BP has been taking a beating for years as of late (From pre-Doomwar till now, with Liss' run being the exception), but it's like they don't even want to give Coates a chance due to his interviews and the run's concept.

Really baffling.
Haters going to hate
Poor BvS taking hits when it ain't even the subject lol.

Haha nah..just Benz commercials on loop and Dai's boy, HeyZues.

Nah. I don't DO God. Don't fly planes. Have a Kia, nit a Benz. Also nit looking to scrap metal. My shit should all be horse related..it isn't.

Big old gut of cellulite covered by a thong like device taking up half my phone screen. I didn't ask for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom