• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we talking about Civil War:

whoo.png

Dude. Fix that spoiler..

Numb. Edit.

So..after watching

this

trailer and the title of the movie reminding me of Prince and the Murphy's, when was the last mainstream horror movie since Candy Man with a black main baddy/ghost/monster?

Shy

elite: dangerous
space sim/mmo game, with little fighter ships and big space freighters and giant space destroyers, etc. Originally I was going to start an Abolitionist Starfighters Union, and travel to the part of the Galaxy controlled by the Empire (I started out as part of the Federation) to pirate slave vessels and free their captives. that...didn't pan out.
Ohhhh. I haven't played that game in over a year. LOL.
watched Civil War last night

Dat Black Panther triple air kick

wheeeew
Yep yep.

First thing it reminded me of was Wong Fei Hung's "no shadow kick" (the character's signature move) specifically, this small shot during the end fight sequence in One upon a time china 1.

Here's a fully powered up version of the no shadow kick
. From Once upon a time china 2.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
First thing it reminded me of was Wong Fei Hung's "no shadow kick" (the character's signature move) specifically, this small shot during the end fight sequence in One upon a time china 1.

Here's a fully powered up version of the no shadow kick
. From Once upon a time china 2.
Man now I got the itch to watch Iron Monkey. My early 20s were spent slapping the dogshit out of my buddies' backs with the almighty Buddha's Palm.

All this anti-tran bill and "precautions" in North Carolina is some ol' bullshit. If one of those cops tried to make me leave the women's bathroom like that girl, they could lick this clit.

D i Z

I mean, I hear that. I'm just curious. Seems like a funny omission, considering the gap. I ask because I can't think of many in the mainstream..

I sat on it for a while. Can't think of even one. That's probably why Candy Man is still in our lexicon, cos he's literally the only one.

So for this new job they did a round of hiring of like 16 people. Real corporate by Bryant park in NYC. My friends got me and 2 other of my friends in there. 1 Asian kid 2 whites kids worked for the company, they got me and 2 others in one, black another Asian. In the round of hiring total there's 4 black dudes (me, my homie, this old black dude, and some other kid) everyone else, the one Asian dude.. Like 10 white dudes, 2 Spanish chicks and 2 white ladies..
All the math with standing there's 16 of us.

The problem is the other black dude has been constantly fucking up since day 0.
He was late to the interview.
Late the first day, has no shame eating all the complimentary food. Even left the laptop they gave us in the conference room with all his shit everywhere like it was his crib.
Late the second day, then dipped out to get breakfast while a training presentation was going on.
Late the 3rd day and one of the bosses caught him out on the street eating an orange while he was supposed to be in training.
And today not only was he late but he said he was at the secondary site because he thought that's where we were meeting. Then when we all go to the second site they say he showed up at the original spot, in jeans, and is just sitting in a conference room with no clue where anyone is at. Mind you were supposed to dress up for work but he was in jeans because "one of the vps was in jeans" so he figured it was okay.

Like what?!

I hate to see one of my own go down but, brah I can't have you making me look bad. Me and my homie show up dumb early dressed and ready to go. I even thought the old black dude was going to drop some knowledge on the guy but nope. I hear everyone cracking jokes on this kid like "can't wait to see what he does next" even the Martha Stewart old lady was like "my husband can't wait to hear stories about Akeem when I come home."

Shits embarrassing

I've watched this dude slowly get the cold shoulder from everyone, real "yeah don't want to associate with that guy" sort of thing.

I sort of feel bad, but c'mon man smarten up.
Just wanted to vent and hear thoughts..

D i Z

So for this new job they did a round of hiring of like 16 people. Real corporate by Bryant park in NYC. My friends got me and 2 other of my friends in there. 1 Asian kid 2 whites kids worked for the company, they got me and 2 others in one, black another Asian. In the round of hiring total there's 4 black dudes (me, my homie, this old black dude, and some other kid) everyone else, the one Asian dude.. Like 10 white dudes, 2 Spanish chicks and 2 white ladies..

Late the first day, has no shame eating all the complimentary food. Even left the laptop they gave us in the conference room with all his shit everywhere like it was his crib.
Late the second day, then dipped out to get breakfast while a training presentation was going on.
Late the 3rd day and one of the bosses caught him out on the street eating an orange while he was supposed to be in training.
And today not only was he late but he said he was at the secondary site because he thought that's where we were meeting. Then when we all go to the second site they say he showed up at the original spot, in jeans, and is just sitting in a conference room with no clue where anyone is at. Mind you were supposed to dress up for work but he was in jeans because "one of the vps was in jeans" so he figured it was okay.

Like what?!

I hate to see one of my own go down but, brah I can't have you making me look bad. Me and my homie show up dumb early dressed and ready to go. I even thought the old black dude was going to drop some knowledge on the guy but nope. I hear everyone cracking jokes on this kid like "can't wait to see what he does next" even the Martha Stewart old lady was like "my husband can't wait to hear stories about Akeem when I come home."

Shits embarrassing

I've watched this dude slowly get the cold shoulder from everyone, real "yeah don't want to associate with that guy" sort of thing.

That all just sounds like he wants to be elsewhere. Enjoy the show, I say. Just don't get caught relying on him to participate.

I sat on it for a while. Can't think of even one. That's probably why Candy Man is still in our lexicon, cos he's literally the only one.

Again, you're probably on to something here. Wouldn't you know it, I used to wear a long brown trench when that movie came out. I can tell you with no hyperbole that over 100 dumb fucks would call me Candy Man for a looong ass time.

That all just sounds like he wants to be elsewhere. Enjoy the show, I say. Just don't get caught relying on him to participate.

Agreed (the fuck, Kid lol). That ain't on you. We are NOT a monolith. I can understand the frustration. Just do you and forget that clown shoes dude..

Things going good besides?

Agreed (the fuck, Kid lol). That ain't on you. We are NOT a monolith. I can understand the frustration. Just do you and forget that clown shoes dude..

Things going good besides?

Dude must have a real good backup plan, because I'm on some "can't go back" mindset.

Yeah man so far so good. Presentations are boring and its a lot of info but I'm happy to be here.. Wish I had more free time so it looks like I'm gonna quit my GameStop weekend gig.

Good to hear, brother. If you're getting good loot, GameStop should totally be in the rearview..

I enjoy it for the discount and the LoLz

If there's one thing I've learned from seeing both sides, working there and gaming side of the forum.. It's that customers are usually just as bad as employees.

akira28

I mean, I hear that. I'm just curious. Seems like a funny omission, considering the gap. I ask because I can't think of many in the mainstream..

not many times in the mainstream they'll let a black dude run around killing a bunch of white people, as the main draw to see it, lol.

not many times in the mainstream they'll let a black dude run around killing a bunch of white people, as the main draw to see it, lol.

lol..Sure! Quite understandable. Still, seems like one of those "ok in the 80s/90s, but gets no play today" type things. Thought maybe I missed one or two..guess not.

akira28

I'm with Akeem. If the VP can wear dress jeans, so can everyone else.

unless people are going out to clients. Corporate culture mindgames are funny. As long as they keep mailing us money..

Like what?!

Shits embarrassing

real talk.

drag him aside away from everyone and just try to talk to him alone one time. if he starts talking shit, just walk away and say "i tried" with your back facing him and throw your arms up.

Like what?!

Shits embarrassing

He's already dead.

I'm with Akeem. If the VP can wear dress jeans, so can everyone else.

unless people are going out to clients. Corporate culture mindgames are funny. As long as they keep mailing us money..

Nah like the dude who was in jeans runs shit.. All our bosses come in dressed up. You can't be bottom level and say "well if the founder can wear what he wants why can't I?" On day fucking 3 no less...

Maybe if that was your only mistake, or maybe if your excuse is " I thought this was business causal" but to throw it out there like "if he can why can't I?!" C'mon man..

akira28

Nah like the dude who was in jeans runs shit.. All our bosses come in dressed up. You can't be bottom level and say "well if the founder can wear what he wants why can't I?" On day fucking 3 no less...

Maybe if that was your only mistake, or maybe if your excuse is " I thought this was business causal" but to throw it out there like "if he can why can't I?!" C'mon man..
I like the cut of Akeem's jib. If you're not careful, he's going to end up running the place.

That VP is going to recognize that executive swagger just steaming off of the boy.

For some reason not knowing popular people in mass media makes you cool or something.
Nah, dudes can name the most obscure game from the most obscure genre, but a rap or pop icon? They're too cool to know them brehs.

"i don't even own a TV, i play handheld games and Wii U on the touchscreen controller."

Village

Ok, while I'm still here: I am so goddamn tired of having to see the same goddamn posts when someone makes a thread about something in modern pop culture because these dumbasses can't use google. For example: "Birdman goes off while being interviewed on the Breakfast Club"

90% of the posts end up being:
"Birdman??? Wut? You mean like the Michael Keaton movie?"
"What's a Charlamagne????"
"Trick Daddy & Ross? Is that some new Tyler Perry show?"
"I thought this was going to be about the Breakfast Club movie. I'm not really up to date on you new-age negroes and your hippity-hop slang culture over here in Bumfuck, Iowa."

I mean, I like this site alot, but geeeeeze.

While google is people's friend.

If they aren't in the hip hop, why would know they know who any of those people are?

But then that goes back to, google is your friend.

While google is people's friend.

If they aren't in the hip hop, why would know they know who any of those people are?

But then that goes back to, google is your friend.

But why even go into a thread just to waste space with asking dumbass questions like "Who?" or make dumbass comments about how you can't keep up with whats going on with young people or whats going on in pop culture or whatever. We already know you ain't got no interest in the subject anyway but to go out your way to try and look like you cool and shit because you don't know a person thats famous is lame as fuck. While mothafuckas sit here having a fucking circle jerk about their favorite waifus and shit.

RedSwirl

"i don't even own a TV, i play handheld games and Wii U on the touchscreen controller."

So? I know people who don't own TVs (or at least don't fuck with them at all) and just consume literally all their media on a laptop monitor. And I haven't listened to commercial music in years. I think I listened to Hotline Bling all the way through for the first time like two weeks ago.

Malyse

X-Men: Apocalypse; 15 days
Suicide Squad; 85 days
Doctor Strange; 176 days
The Wolverine 3; 295 days
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 358 days
Wonder Woman; 386 days
Spider-Man: Homecoming; 421 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 512 days
Thor: Ragnarok; 540 days
Justice League; 554 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 610 days
Black Panther; 645 days
The Flash; 673 days
Avengers: Infinity War - Part I; 722 days
Ant-Man and the Wasp; 785 days
Aquaman; 806 days
Untitled DC movie; 876 days
Captain Marvel; 1030 days
Shazam; 1058 days
Avengers: Infinity War - Part II; 1086 days
Justice League 2; 1128 days
Untitled DC movie; 1268 days
Cyborg; 1422 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1450 days
Green Lantern Corps; 1499 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1520 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1639 days
Deadpool 2; TBD
Gambit; TBD
New Mutants; TBD
Suicide Squad 2; TBD
The Batman; TBD
Inhumans; TBD
Justice League Dark; TBD
Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team-up; TBD (Rumored)

http://cbmcountdown.tumblr.com/

Yesterday i got the old "black hair in corporate settings" speech from an older black man and woman . My hair isn't even that long its getting there but its barely an afro but I was asked if I wanted to go to the barbershop with a coworker and I was like "No". Then they started talking about how my hair might hold me back from oppurtunites and how I might scare white folks.I told them "it doesn't matter what I do I'm a 6'0 250+ black male that already scares them." Then they decided to drop it and say I just need to be careful.

Today, we went out to lunch with the office and the waiter is getting the checks ready and she was asking if the tickets were going to be separate, the older black male says "separate but equal" and of course the waiter doesn't know what to say so she dips out. I'm sitting there like "really man?" Dude tries to be hard to be funny sometimes. I just felt the joke was inappropriate for the setting and audience maybe I was just being sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom