• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm surprised so many people like their family, but I guess I shouldn't be. I guess my cynicism just comes from personal experiences.

Slayven

When I know my parents are coming over, me and my husband make sure the place is clean. At least the parts where they will be sitting. I'm just more manic about it than my husband.

Hell yes. I love them to death. Despite their flaws, despite my flaws.

I can't eat your chittlins and hogmaws unless i see how you keep your house

Sch1sm

I got my master's degree yesterday and now I need a job asap.

Congrats!

Turn 24 today fam. Feels good to have my birthday on an off day.

Happy birthday. :)

Anybody here like their family?

My immediate family, sure. I don't get on that well with my dad - we're both too stubborn for it to work well, and argumentative to boot. Depends on the day on that front. As a whole, yeah, love them.

I'm surprised so many people like their family, but I guess I shouldn't be. I guess my cynicism just comes from personal experiences.

The good just outweighs the bad on my end. There are definitely times we don't get along, at all. Times I absolutely hated them and wished the worst, even. At the end of the day, they've never done me any serious wrong, and I enjoy most of my time with them.

Slayven

For those of you who managed to get in on the Samsung 4K 40" TV, people are catching cancellations now.

youdidn'tseethatcoming.jpg

Ain't nobody going to take a 90 percent loss on a product

It's going to be cute when folks get all outrage over it

Sch1sm

youdidn'tseethatcoming.jpg

Ain't nobody going to take a 90 percent loss on a product

It's going to be cute when folks get all outrage over it

$700 loss per TV is too hard to look at. The way the site was crawling, I imagine Samsung netted negatives harder than stock market crashes. Didn't even bother trying myself. Price was attractive, though, don't blame anyone for going for it.

Slayven

$700 loss per TV is too hard to look at. The way the site was crawling, I imagine Samsung netted negatives harder than stock market crashes. Didn't even bother trying myself. Price was attractive, though, don't blame anyone for going for it.

Nah don't blame anyone, but it just weird you always get that backlash when the fuckups are not honored

For those of you who managed to get in on the Samsung 4K 40" TV, people are catching cancellations now.

I'm not surprised at the cancelations, but I can't blame people for trying. Managed to get a $300 PS4 peripheral for $16 last year thanks to a price error. You never know when a corporation will decide to be uncharacteristically generous.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

Considering I was cracking on both of y'all..yes!

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
giphy.gif

Happy bday Momotaro.

Evening.

Happy birthday Momotaro.

Happy b-day!

Happy 🎂, Momo..

Happy Birthday, Momotaro.

Happy Birthday MoMo.

Happy Birthday.

--------
Uncharted 4 got too real for a second so I bowed out for now. In the
hotel
scene.

congrats jmood
happy b-day momo

Congrats!!

Also, SALUD!!

tGWdeU7.jpg

arriba, abajo, al centro y pa'dentro

Congrats!

Happy birthday. :)

Appreciate the love fam. It was a chill day. :)

BigDes

YO. Can we talk about Jeff? Did ANYONE see this shit coming from him? I actually would read his crazy thread..figured he put in enough work into it..some things would come to fruition. And then South Carolina and the confederate flag happened..then, the New York food stamp thing happened. Holy shit! I can't believe this is the same guy. What a wonderful world..
Dude had also been crazy. Not even sure if it is a race thing specifically, he always gets tunnel vision on stuff.

Can't wait for the vid ripping Spielberg and calling him a senile old man for liking an MCU movie.

I'm just dying that his screen says "Coexist" right now. Do I agree? DUDE! Who doesn't? Is it batshit crazy that HE'S the one to say that? Damn right lol..

Dude had also been crazy. Not even sure if it is a race thing specifically, he always gets tunnel vision on stuff.
Nope. It's race. He's decided since he and his have gone through ___, ____ and ____, EVERYONE on welfare is a criminal. Everyone needing food assistance is a scammer. Shit was eye opening to me. Then again, like I said..he fought about that treasonous flag until he got banned. Pretty clear where he stands on certain things..

Not sure anyone needs to hear his opinion on shit that ain't gaming related..

Slayven

I reall hate when you like a poster until in some random thread they loose their minds. That to me is always the most shocking.

Like if Jandro went militant vegan

I reall hate when you like a poster until in some random thread they loose their minds. That to me is always the most shocking.

Seriously think that's why he fucks with me the most. I would read his thread even before I was a member. Never saw him anywhere else. That Dylan Roof shooting changed a lot of things..I didn't see Jeff coming, boy. No joke..

Nope. It's race. He's decided since he and his have gone through ___, ____ and ____, EVERYONE on welfare is a criminal. Everyone needing food assistance is a scammer. Shit was eye opening to me. Then again, like I said..he fought about that treasonous flag until he got banned. Pretty clear where he stands on certain things..

I've heard shit like that from family members. Hate it. And they usually know exactly what they're doing and don't care. I've fought with people and always gotten shit like "being selfish is good sometimes people without jobs are scum I don't care about people's problems" and "I can't afford to be a good person got mine fuck you" in response. It's not always just ignorance: I believe tons of people know what's right and don't care. Some people are so selfish and stuck on "got mine" they want to be bad people.

BigDes

I'm just dying that his screen says "Coexist" right now. Do I agree? DUDE! Who doesn't? Is it batshit crazy that HE'S the one to say that? Damn right lol..

Ah well I stand corrected then

Not that he was ever all that worth listening to over gaming anyway. Like I am sure he was right about stuff but all his threads were so esoteric in terminology that they were impossible to understand.

Slayven

Got a feeling that dude is going to keep moving goalposts till the end of time.
Moving goalpost like camera angels
Seriously think that's why he fucks with me the most. I would read his thread even before I was a member. Never saw him anywhere else. That Dylan Roof shooting changed a lot of things..I didn't see Jeff coming, boy. No joke..

The Roof thread and the Confederate flag threads really allowed some folks to show their ass.

BigDes

Like if Jandro went militant vegan
Wait you mean you partake in the wilful slaughter and torture of sixteen million animals an hour?

Slayven

Wait you mean you partake in the wilful slaughter and torture of sixteen million animals an hour?

There was a thing on twitter just a day a go where a bunch of folks were comparing eating meat to slavery and the civil rights movement.

I wish someone would say that to my face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom