• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Well he was one of many stereotypes created for Contest of Champions

533689-ar1.jpg

c9a0939c87e30842b808293199e47623.jpg

Oh i get it. But, conquistadors aren't that well liked by a large part of us. Being the receiving end of their greed and lust for gold plus raping and pillaging averything they found.

Now something based in a Caballero Aguila

A Jaguar

Or even a simple charro

Would be loved as a sterotype. Just see how much we love Speedy Gonzalez.

Both. DC has better literary stories that are great works of fiction. Marvel has the best heroes. The Shadow, Hulk, Black Panther, The Phantom, and Spider-Man are my favorite superheroes. Favorite American comics characters are Scrooge McDuck, and Howard the Duck.

Anime, hereby meaning animation, which is a storytelling medium? Yes. Moeblob stuff? No. 60s - 90s anime. I don't like most modern shows. Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 is my favorite, my Star Wars, and the big fantasy epic I grew up watching. Brotherhood can lick my butt.

Preach. I'm fine with Brotherhood existing, but the FMA 2003 hate spouted in its name is over the top.

Slayven

Oh i get it. But, conquistadors aren't that well liked by a large part of us. Being the receiving end of their greed and lust for gold plus raping and pillaging averything they found.

Now something based in a Caballero Aguila

A Jaguar

Or even a simple charro

Would be loved as a sterotype. Just see how much we love Speedy Gonzalez.

9TdT9uT.jpg

harSon

Banned
Can anyone recommend some good Blaxploitation movies?

Watching in the name of research.

- Shaft and Across 110th Street, although they're not considered Blaxploitation films by some (Shaft in Africa is more Blaxploitation than the original, but not nearly as good).

- Trouble Man
- Black Caesar
- Superfly
- Foxy Brown or Coffy for some Pam Grier goodness
- Cotton Comes to Harlem, directed by Ossie Davis
- Coolie High is of the era, but not really a Blaxploitation film in the strictest definition of the term - but it's most certainly worth a watch.
- Sugar Hill
- The Legend of Nigger Charlie / Boss Nigger
- Coon Skin (Animated Blaxploitation. If you can get past the obscure art direction, and racist characitures - it's actually pretty decent)
- Blacula
- The Spook who Sat by the Door
- Sidney Potier's directed stuff if you can get over the fact that Bill Cosby is in them (Uptown Saturday Night, Buck & the Preacher and Let's Do It Again)
- JD' Revenge

These are all ones I consider legitimately worthwhile. If you want some pure unadulterated fuckery, let me know and I'll drop some suggestions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song

It's an important movie if you're doing actual research on blaxploitation. It's not a pleasant watch, really, but it is an important foundation to build upon if you're actually researching it. I hope you like his butt. Because you're gonna see a lot of it.

Enzom21

- Shaft and Across 110th Street, although they're not considered Blaxploitation films by some (Shaft in Africa is more Blaxploitation than the original, but not nearly as good).

- Trouble Man
- Black Caesar
- Superfly
- Foxy Brown or Coffy for some Pam Grier goodness
- Cotton Comes to Harlem, directed by Ossie Davis
- Coolie High is of the era, but not really a Blaxploitation film in the strictest definition of the term - but it's most certainly worth a watch.
- Sugar Hill
- The Legend of Nigger Charlie / Boss Nigger
- Coon Skin (Animated Blaxploitation. If you can get past the obscure art direction, and racist characitures - it's actually pretty decent)
- Blacula
- The Spook who Sat by the Door
- Sidney Potier's directed stuff if you can get over the fact that Bill Cosby is in them (Uptown Saturday Night, Buck & the Preacher and Let's Do It Again)
- JD' Revenge

These are all ones I consider legitimately worthwhile. If you want some pure unadulterated fuckery, let me know and I'll drop some suggestions.
No Watermelon Man?

jmood88

I wonder how people deal with moving to a new area and leaving their friends behind.
You keep in touch with the good friends you made and get new ones wherever you're moving. I lived in 6 different states before I graduated high school and, aside from the states I lived while I was in 2nd and 3rd grades, I still have friends that I talk to in every place.

Afrocious

You keep in touch with the good friends you made and get new ones wherever you're moving. I lived in 6 different states before I graduated high school and, aside from the states I lived while I was in 2nd and 3rd grades, I still have friends that I talk to in every place.

My brother did it, and it changed his life for the better. I mean, complete turnaround.

That makes sense for both of what you two say.

I think I'm beginning to enjoy where I live considering it's cheap. I do want to see other places and nothing is stopping me.

As far as jobs though, Cisco is nice but I dunno - I kinda wanna do something else, whether its in web dev still or out of it. I still wanna make videogames though.

I wonder how people deal with moving to a new area and leaving their friends behind.
Well..
This is the answer..
Black dynamite
2IguA.gif

Bubba T

I got an 86 on my International Finance midterm. Had I swapped solutions on two different problems, I would of had an 95.

Maybe it's the senioritis, but I took that exam just wanting to be done with college. I have been in way too long.

Afrocious

Why do you know this?! lol..

Sometimes nurses leave the TVs on in their rooms. It's either that or whatever channel the 700 club is on.

I got an 86 on my International Finance midterm. Had I swapped solutions on two different problems, I would of had an 95.

Maybe it's the senioritis, but I took that exam just wanting to be done with college. I have been in way too long.

Savor that time.

Johndoey

Banned
Drake is a murderer threads are always good for watching everyone slowly degenerate into basically calling each children for not agreeing for their views on a dumb pulp novel styled video game.

Why do you know this?! lol..

NCIS: Los Angeles is really good though and it ends in time to get an episode of Antiques Roadshow in before sleeping.

Ain't gonna listen, but he should stay retired imo. Lest he lose more goodwill from peeps. Anybody remember accidental racist?

Inb4 he becomes to donald trump what killer mike is to bernie.

Are you saying you don't adore hit single Accidental Racist? That American classic.

Slayven

Naughty Dog, Dark Souls, and Creepy Japanese games threads are always good for watching everyone slowly degenerate into basically calling each children for not agreeing for their views on a dumb video game.

Fixed for you

Sometimes nurses leave the TVs on in their rooms. It's either that or whatever channel the 700 club is on.

Savor that time.
I might piss in a diaper but at least my edgeup is tight

Shy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEAN. <3
I've done this before but maybe none of you know who I am. (Perhaps I should post more?)

Where you're from -North Carolina
Where you live - North Carolina
What is your age? - 24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I need help with this one.
Do you know your roots - Not really
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop/ R&B/ Gospel/ Alt. Rock/ Video game and anime music/ some J-pop
Your profession/major/career interest -Keyboard player at church, IT/ interested in Game development.
Your religious affiliation - Christian-Baptist
Hobbies - Roasting and hangout with my friends, Video games, internet, Pro Wrestling, attending anime cons (well only the one that takes place in Raleigh.), cooking.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Bojangles all day.
Welcome to you new fam.
Boyega da GAWD
That pic has achieved maximum cuteness.
Can anyone recommend some good Blaxploitation movies?

Watching in the name of research.
All films by Rudy Ray Moore.
And all film with Pam Grier, because she's a goddess whom you must worship.
Coffy. Foxy Brown.

oHKb.jpg
BbM9iLE.gif

Black dynamite
Yep yep.

Was the cartoon any good. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom